PDA

View Full Version : Minimag (upgrades)

p8ntball365
06-04-2004, 06:02 AM
alright guys and girls i got this mag in a trade for my cocker. I'm looking to give it some good upgrades. I already got compressed air and hopper (the whole nine yards). Here it is.

Specs:
Lvl 10 bolt kit (installed)
Inteli Frame (installed)
AA barrel
Drop/asa
Dye Stickies

Pics:
http://www.hunt101.com/img/169656.JPG pic was too large for me to post so here is the link.

ZapTheMad
06-04-2004, 06:50 AM
Looks pretty upgraded to me already :)

You could drop some dough on a X-valve and ULE body if you really wanted too.

p8ntball365
06-04-2004, 07:11 AM
yaa i was thinking the ule body but should i where its already vert feed? what are the advantages of the ule?

ZapTheMad
06-04-2004, 07:23 AM
"Utra Light Engineering"

Both the ULE and X-valve save some weight by going to aluminum parts. The Mag pictured in my sig weighs 2.4 lbs. My air tank weighs more than my gun!

It also uses cocker barrels and a ball detent. Vertical feed mag barrels are not that common. Cocker barrels are everywhere.

p8ntball365
06-04-2004, 07:50 AM
ok how much did you pay for yours?

68_Classic
06-04-2004, 09:04 AM
the ule body i think from agd is like 140 i want to say give a take a couple of dollars.. and the x-valve is like 225 if u do the trade in.. but they r both worth the money

p8ntball365
06-04-2004, 09:10 AM
ok thanks for your help

Remake101
06-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Hey, the gun is allready pretty much upgraded. I have a few ideas. You have the intelliframe but if you prefer a diferent angle on the trigger frame you could go for a logic vert frame(like on the angel speed and fly i think) or the y-frame, witch is totally new idea that works really well. I suggest the logic vert frame that is at a 90 degree angle from the base the y-frame is 45 degrees the opposite way than the intelliframe which is also 45 degrees. You could also upgrade to a ULE body Or deadly wind series. Deadly wind is more expensive, but look better work better and to my knowledge feel lighter on my gun. Getting an RT valve would be your next best option if you can get the valve cheap. You really dont need the X-valve since it is the same as RT but lighter and has the lvl 10 bolt which you already have. That is about it unless you want to get a better barrel. Also the ULT trigger system lightens the pull allowing you to shoot fast but lowers the reactivity. Its all what you prefer. If you like alot of reactivity in the gun dont get the ULT but i like it. With my entire set up i can get close to 20 bps. Thats extremely nice for a mechanical gun. Im looking forward to getting the HAIR trigger system when it comes out :)

jwalker87
06-04-2004, 10:46 AM
I would also reccomend the ULT kit. Trigger pull goes from 3 lbs to 15 ounces (right?). ULE body makes a HUGE difference in weight. And yes, the x-valve is a very good upgrade. If you don't want to spend that much money, you can get a used retro valve with level 10 for about $150 or $175 used. New barrel is also a very good upgrade; for me, the 3 essential upgrades are 1) regulated air (no problem for mags), 2) agitated hopper (you're good), and 3) new barrel. Makes a huge difference in your accuracy.

p8ntball365
06-04-2004, 11:09 AM
wow guys thanks for the help there is so many options its just so hard to choose also remake you were talking about deadly wind body where do i find those?

Remake101
06-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Mnnn.... lets see. Go to www.logicpaintball.com and send an email to one of the guys that work there. Im pretty sure that they can get one to you but let me remind you they are very expensive. I think my deadly wind dallara body was around $250 but i think it is worth the extra 100 to get it instead of the ULE body. If logic paintball cant get one for you the search for posts about the deadly wind series here and if you dont find any put up a new thread asking about them. I got mine from a friend for $100 but it was used and had quite a few scratches but i sent it in to ligic and for like $250 i got my entire gun custom painted Dust Black its pretty sweet looking.

bunker17
06-07-2004, 11:31 AM
if your going to sell the body you got right now post me a price because i got lots of twist lock barrels looking for a vertical feed body that uses them