PDA

View Full Version : Posting With Warpfeed?

stevewagner89
06-04-2004, 01:06 PM
My friend has a warpfeed and i would like to get one, but he says that you can't post with it. Is that true. Any input would be very helpful.

Dayspring
06-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Huh?

What's he talkin' about?

JesseB
06-04-2004, 01:09 PM
I think its some kind of code....

ntn4502
06-04-2004, 01:21 PM
its true, when I had a warp I wasnt able to post on AO

Adrenaline_Junkie
06-04-2004, 01:22 PM
LOL, does anyone know what that guy is talking about?

JesseB
06-04-2004, 01:23 PM
I think they kicked him off pbn or something to that effect bc of his superior warping skills

GoatBoy
06-04-2004, 01:31 PM
He might be referring to posting on the off-handed side. Say, for a righty, if you're shooting left warp-style, the hopper feeding the warp is tilted sideways isn't feeding anymore, so eventually your feed will run dry. You'll eventually have to tilt the gun back up to get paint back in the line, thus losing your post.

Plus, I've been doing the warp-left shooting myself lately, and it's not exactly comfortable to hold for extended periods of time, especially with increased weight.

durtysoufcraka
06-04-2004, 01:52 PM
he might also be talking about posting out of your bunker and keeping someone in theirs. like posting up and continually shooting at them instead of snap shooting. but i dont see how a warp could/woulc affect this. silly people.
-durty

Dryden
06-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Is it just me, or does posting up with a warp feed sound like some basketball description for a Jason Kidd pass into the paint? ;)

SCpoloRicker
06-04-2004, 02:17 PM
He's obviously talking about Wallace shutting down Shaq in the low post ;)

I think we're talking about shooting to your weak side. With the warp hanging out to the left (for righties), when you shoot out the left side, how do you minimize exposure??

Maybe trying different versions of lefty shooting? Left hand on trigger, right on grip, right on trigger (cross body) left on grip...

Ya know. :confused:

Recon by Fire
06-04-2004, 02:51 PM
I don't get it, I have a warp and I can still post here...

BobTheCow
06-04-2004, 02:54 PM
I don't get it, I have a warp and I can still post here...As do I!! :)

Even if he means shooting off-handing by "posting," I really haven't found it to be too much of a problem... at least with my warp/halo combo I can tilt pretty far and not worry about feed problems.

CodeMA
06-04-2004, 04:33 PM
its quite possible...

posting off hand: http://paintballmedia.com/albums/TexBall2004/texball_04_040221_151340_6479.jpg

posting out the right: http://users3.ev1.net/%7Egeneric0/code/core/pics/pp/jim2.jpg

SCpoloRicker
06-04-2004, 05:41 PM
*thumb on nose*

Good one, Code :cool:

Is there potential for you to run out of balls in the warp stack if it is tilted a particular way?

I'm thinking that in your "off" shot, the gun is tilted so that the loader won't feed the stack in the warp :confused: This may be what we're worried about...

EverlastPaintball
06-04-2004, 05:44 PM
wahahahahaha huhhhhuhuhuhuhuhuh
blah blah blah

dont know what he means

Duck Hunt
06-04-2004, 07:12 PM
*thumb on nose*

Good one, Code :cool:

Is there potential for you to run out of balls in the warp stack if it is tilted a particular way?

I'm thinking that in your "off" shot, the gun is tilted so that the loader won't feed the stack in the warp :confused: This may be what we're worried about...

You can shoot a good amount of balls with a full hopper thats "force fed" I've mentioned this in several warp posts.

Most people use Revys on the warp and the problem with that is most of the time you're still waiting for the balls to "drop" into the feedneck. With my Egg it forces more balls in and I can shoot quite a number (sorry I don't know how many, but its a very good amount) Get a halo or egg, you'll do fine.

Sean

*edit* I guess I should mention, when shooting out your "weak" side of the bunker, you just lean out, it does take time to get used to but to me its really not that hard.

GoatBoy
06-05-2004, 02:21 AM
he might also be talking about posting out of your bunker and keeping someone in theirs. like posting up and continually shooting at them instead of snap shooting. but i dont see how a warp could/woulc affect this. silly people.
-durty

That apparently IS what he's asking. Half the people here are thinking of snapping. "See, you can snap!" No kidding, Sherlock!

Posting is more or less sitting with your gun out, and either dumping paint or waiting for the shot to make itself available. Someone let me know if this isn't what 'posting' is.

The warp can affect this, as I said, on the off side if you use the prescribed method for shooting out that side. The way some of you guys lean on your triggers, you're going to run your feed dry pretty quickly as your primary hopper gets turned sideways. The warp adds extra bulk + weight. And then you have to hold all this in an uncomfortable position for the duration of the post.