PDA

View Full Version : Worthwhile pursuit???

OysterBoy
06-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Ok, I love my mag, but Im really leaning back towards good ol PMI, just because thats about all I need for now.

Would it be worthwhile to trade my automag for a piranha, plus cash? I have nitro and a revy, so Im fine as far as that goes. With my 120 (originally for level 10), I could probably buy a decent reg and or barrel..

Anyone have any ideas? This is all speculation, I'll probably end up keeping the mag, but who knows...

TraXeR
06-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Ok, I love my mag, but Im really leaning back towards good ol PMI, just because thats about all I need for now.

Would it be worthwhile to trade my automag for a piranha, plus cash? I have nitro and a revy, so Im fine as far as that goes. With my 120 (originally for level 10), I could probably buy a decent reg and or barrel..

Anyone have any ideas? This is all speculation, I'll probably end up keeping the mag, but who knows...

What piranha are you going for, what kind of mag do you have, how much do you play and how much paint do you usually shoot?

OysterBoy
06-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Really, any piranha would do, I have a classic 68' with custom paitjob (if you all remember my thread about painting guns), I don't play as often as I possibly could, and Id say any where from a case to a case and a half. I still miss my old mech Piranha...

OysterBoy
06-04-2004, 08:47 PM
This good? My friend had one, mech though.

http://forum.pballcanada.com/showthread.php?t=15113

FreakBaller12
06-04-2004, 08:49 PM
what would YOU rather shoot?
Don't worry about having a too expensive gun for only playing once in awhile, it's already payed for after all, shoot what you want to shoot.

TraXeR
06-04-2004, 08:52 PM
I'd say stick with the mag, with the electro frame, you're prone to shoot fast, using more and more paint, which you dont seem to be able to do.

Yes, that piranha is exceptionally good, I've used them at my field, the trigger is very comfortable, just heavy and a bit stiff.

I'd say, if you want a gun that will keep up with you that is easy to fix with the abundance of parts for it, and a gun that is easily upgradable later if you ever want to 'come back' to a higher level, go with the piranha.

Otherwise, if you're happy with your game, and it doesn't require changing and you're happy with your mag stick with it.

OysterBoy
06-04-2004, 08:53 PM
The thing is, Im not playing often because every scrap goes into the not so cheap upgrades which I need just to compete (Dont get me wrong, I can do quite well with it stock, but everytime I use my friends 'tricked' Piranha I (not tooting own horn..) can do about everything i want to do on the field. Normally I'll want to rush up right, for example, but for some reason I don't. I get my hands on that piranha and its just perfect..

TraXeR
06-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Well then, i think you've already made your decision. Remember, use what feels good, not what you feel obligated to use just cause you have it. This is a fun sport, not a 'use this or die' sport.

OysterBoy
06-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Alright, how does this course of action sound:

Buy that package (fingers crossed!)
OGI Electro Pnuematic Kit
G3 Vert Feed Body
Pipe Kit

Should I get another reg, or is this one fine? Also i plan on getting/trading plus cash for one of the new 2k3 or 2k4 E-Frames..

shivors
06-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Tell ya what...I will let you look at a picture of my marker for two bucks..

http://www.sfssquad.com/images/temp/spyder001.gif

Wait....DAMN IT.....nevermind :D

OysterBoy
06-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Nice, shivors. I just don't like kingman, sorry, PMI has been one of my favorite companys since i started the sport. that IS a nice spyder tho..

shivors
06-04-2004, 09:51 PM
It was a joke....NM. :D

OysterBoy
06-04-2004, 09:53 PM
No I know, I'm just clarifieing that I'd rather have a fish then a spyder.