PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter-Seeing it old school!

1stdeadeye
06-04-2004, 09:05 PM
First off it was on okay movie. My kids liked it. Little more violence then I would have thought, but that is beside the point.

In this day of mega malls and stadium theaters we saw it old school. We saw it here. (http://www.pitmansbroadway.com/)

This is an old vaudeville theater converted into a movie theater. Instead of showing cartoons and commercials, they had someone playing an organ there. He even played the Star Spangled Banner before the movie began. It was neat seeing the entire audience (even the teenage punks) stand and sing along. Great experience! Used to be a 2nd run movie theater, but now shows first run movies!

If you have a chance, check out antique theaters they rock!

painTech
06-04-2004, 09:09 PM
did the occordian guy have a pegleg and an eye patch? if not i don't think it's worth it.

1stdeadeye
06-04-2004, 09:16 PM
did the occordian guy have a pegleg and an eye patch? if not i don't think it's worth it.

Organ, not accordian. :rolleyes:

-=Squid=-
06-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Organ, not accordian. :rolleyes:
dont correct the man, he said something funny!

Hahahaa... holy crap im laughing so hard at that.

Anyways, my parents went to see it. I can already tell you it gets an F FOR FAILURE, just because I didnt like the first two.

Cool theater though.

RenagadeOfFunk
06-04-2004, 10:08 PM
...my theaters have to have 50 or more 10 foot speakers...and 800 + foot screens...

(I wish i owned the I-Max)...

...if you can't go big...why go at all?

aaron_mag
06-05-2004, 12:16 AM
It is a sign of old age and nostalgia. I like them too. They built them beautiful back then. What can I say. I'm getting old too...

:)

magking1971
06-05-2004, 01:25 AM
I have two favorate places to see movies, one is just shy of 100 years old and is just an awesome place, The sound system has been updated but they did it in style and you can't see it.
Second is a drive inn, yah baby! sitting in the car, FM surround sound, LOTS of cold beverages! Downside it is 80 miles round trip.

1stdeadeye
06-05-2004, 07:24 AM
Drive ins are cool!

I live 20 minutes from the first drive in in AMerica. It was in Camden, NJ between Mt. Epraim Ave and Route 130. About 2 years ago the post office took it over and built a sorting facility there.

I like the nostalgia too. Broadway is old but updated. My kids got a kick out of the organ. It just reminds you of simpler times.

paintballman333
06-05-2004, 11:52 PM
1stdeadeye: Which town do you live in? Pitman or Glassboro? I'm wondering because most of my family lives in both of those two towns and I was looking for somewhere to play down around that area, so if you could give me some names of places that would be great. Thanks

1stdeadeye
06-06-2004, 04:40 AM
1stdeadeye: Which town do you live in? Pitman or Glassboro? I'm wondering because most of my family lives in both of those two towns and I was looking for somewhere to play down around that area, so if you could give me some names of places that would be great. Thanks

I live on the border.

Around here you have Papa G's in Mantua on Rt 45.

Paintball Invasion on Route 73.

On Target right off of Route 38.

Rooster
06-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately my home town didn't have a theater as old that is still surviving. However, we do have one that is from the early seventies, with the little seats and the nasty floor, and the popcorn stand that only offers popcorn (and not hotdogs and hamburgers). It was fun to go there and see the re-release of Star Wars a few years ago, saw it just like they did in 77. Kind of nostalgic.

logamus
06-06-2004, 12:03 PM
once i went to a stadium theater, i have no desire to see a movie in any other way. bigger is better.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
06-06-2004, 12:11 PM
We have a theater like that minus the organ, and it was originally a theatre, downtown Glen Ellyn, were I live. It is a nice place to watch movie except for the fact that after an hour my butt becomes numb. They mainly play foreign/Not super popular movies, but they usually have some of the bigger hits a month after they were released.

And on the plus side its only $3.50 for the early show and $5.00 for the later ones

dwab3000
06-06-2004, 01:25 PM
man, screw potter, see day after tomaraow on i-max, i already have my tickets for that...cant wait..

i saw harry potter on a drive in though...didnt really watch it...my girl was though,