PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian Scammers target Paintballers now.

1stdeadeye
06-04-2004, 09:12 PM
The old Nigerian wire fraud has a new twist. They are trying to "buy" markers and overpay to get money back. Check out WarPIG for the story! (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/060104nigerian.shtml)

Beware African Paintball purchases!

No sKiLLz
06-04-2004, 10:29 PM
That's a valuable heads-up. Everyone should read this thread.

RenagadeOfFunk
06-04-2004, 10:38 PM
...ooh, no.... :eek: ...(checks check)....ooh, noo....

... :D

thecavemankevin
06-05-2004, 10:45 AM
wouldn't it be possible to take the fake check to any jo-blow bank and cash it, then just walk out the door with $$ in hand. Even if it bounces, you don't do business with jo-blow bank and you have the $$, wouldn't that work. sux for jo-blow bank though because they would be out the money.

Cristobal
06-05-2004, 11:07 AM
wouldn't it be possible to take the fake check to any jo-blow bank and cash it, then just walk out the door with $$ in hand. Even if it bounces, you don't do business with jo-blow bank and you have the $$, wouldn't that work. sux for jo-blow bank though because they would be out the money.

No. I'm no banker, but in my experience (just like for personal checks) banks will not cash a cachiers check for you unless you have an account with them.

1stdeadeye
06-05-2004, 12:25 PM

No bank will cash a check for a non-client if the check was not drawn on them. Further your idea is basically bank fraud. You would be prosecuted for it. :rolleyes:

Bad_Dog
06-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Nooooooo!

My entire Nigerian Paintball Business is all just a Lie!?!! The man on the telephone told me that it would make me millions!?

arrhg.... I knew I shouldnt have sent them that $55,000 down payment

:D :D :D ;)

sps16
06-05-2004, 02:11 PM
speaking of nigerian scammers, check this out
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=347287
:D