PDA

View Full Version : Which mask for use with glasses?

Target Practice
06-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Ok, I've tried a bunch of different masks, but they all end up screwing with my glasses. Since I don't want a pair of birth-control glasses to play in, I need to find a good mask that won't get in the way of my specs. What do the visually-challenged AOers wear?

Fanatic
06-04-2004, 11:51 PM
i found that more people sacrafice getting perscriptions inserts to put in their masks.
i guess that flying glasses inside your face mask while playing is not really fun.
it might take a little out of your walet...but i would rather have that, then glasses gauging out my eyes during rough play...imo

Blazestorm
06-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Get contacts :D

I love mine, I got those 24 hour ones, never have to takem out. Having 20/20 vision 24/7 at the cost of spending 1-2 minutes putting them in, I can live with.

Without contacts I believe my vision is around 180/20? Maybe 200/20... well its pretty damn bad :D I used to play paintball like that, wow, it was like a blurry fog of brown and green (forest) and I couldn't see anything, fogging goggles didn't help.

But yah, I suggest contacts or inserts.

MrWallen
06-05-2004, 12:11 AM
I've used a Proteus for a while and never had any probs with my glasses.

Target Practice
06-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Get contacts :D

Snowball's chance in Hell of that happening. Call me what you will, I'm not sticking anything in my eyes...*shudder*

Fanatic
06-05-2004, 01:19 AM
Snowball's chance in Hell of that happening. Call me what you will, I'm not sticking anything in my eyes...*shudder*

until you run with your glasses during play....
then poke!poke! poke!
my eyes! my eyes!
dammit i should have listened to that fanatic guy on AO!

davidb
06-05-2004, 03:52 AM
My Spectras are are pretty comfortable with my glasses.. Sorry I couldn't let you borrow them last weekend! :p Talk to you later. When is that catfish fry again?

shartley
06-05-2004, 06:03 AM
I also use spectras and they work fine.

Timmee
06-05-2004, 07:29 AM
I've got the V-Force Shield, and they don't interfere at all with my glasses.

Thermus
06-05-2004, 07:42 AM
I would say V Force, but honestly, you should get contacts. When you realize how good they are, you'll get over the fear of touching your eye.

Danman69
06-05-2004, 07:56 AM
Get V Force, they have the bubble lens and it doesnt get in the way of glasses. I reccomend the Morph or Profiler depending on your price range.

tony3
06-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Yeah vforce for sure, they got the bubble lenses like danman said.

vf-xx
06-05-2004, 08:22 AM
So far I can say that you'll be fine with V-Force. I've played in many climates with them and they've never fogged. Once or twice in houston my Glasses fogged, but nothing a pair of computer fans can't fix.

I also just got a pair of Raven NVX goggles and those seem to be working really well with my glasses so far.

Duke Henry
06-05-2004, 10:31 AM
So far the best mask I have worn is the Proto Switch. It fits nice and snugly to my head and doesn't cramp my glasses at the same time.

I am with you man, contacts are for the weak! ;)

CaliMagFan
06-05-2004, 10:42 AM
anyy mask where they fit should work right?... if its too much room leading to them bouncing around, why not just get on of those elastic bands that hold your glasses on.... like the long ones that people used to keep sunglasses around their neck in the 90's--lol... these are just smaller and are usually used by runners and tennis players... they work well from what i know... my dad uses some on occasion, but i'm glass-free, so i would know 1st hand.

-kyro

Automaggot68
06-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Ok, I've tried a bunch of different masks, but they all end up screwing with my glasses. Since I don't want a pair of birth-control glasses to play in, I need to find a good mask that won't get in the way of my specs. What do the visually-challenged AOers wear?

I used to play with the older PMI mask, and it totally messed up my glasses. I remember my GLASSES would fog up, not my mask. Then I bought one of those nifty olivedrab/black JT Flex- 7's witht he therms. The space for my glasses was GREAT. And believe, I wore HUGE glasses. The kind you see on a mountain man, or a grizzy bear. Well. Uh. Not a gfrizzly bear. long story short, i've got contacts now. have you thought of a JT, or a Morph?