PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Fatman!!

1stdeadeye
06-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Happy Birthday Professor!!! :D

Kevmaster
06-05-2004, 01:54 PM
'grats man of fattness :)

Kai
06-05-2004, 02:52 PM
What ever happened to Fatman?

1stdeadeye
06-05-2004, 02:58 PM
What ever happened to Fatman?

Busy I guess. He is at AO SC every year though! :cool:

FatMan
08-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Belated thanks ....

FatMan has been off on adventures beyond the comprehension of the average mortal, and besides
I'd have to kill you if I told you. But I'm still alive (just barely) and haven't done anything TOO
crazy (at least in THIS country).

With the likely demise of AO Day SC I may soon be seen no more, but at least for now I can say
thanks for remembering, and its probably better to be a legend than the tired old man you eventually
turn into.

OK, time for my meds .... see ya!

FatMan

:argh:

spazzed
08-31-2004, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear things are reasonably well with you old man. Take care of yourself :p

cphilip
08-31-2004, 12:24 PM
Belated thanks ....

I'll say... this was from back in June! Talk about thread resurection.... Well... for Fatman, any kind of resurection is a good thing! :dance:

FatMan
08-31-2004, 02:31 PM
I'll say... this was from back in June! Talk about thread resurection.... Well... for Fatman, any kind of resurection is a good thing! :dance:

Now don't get me started, I'll get banned again!

FatMan

1stdeadeye
09-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Happy Birfday again!!!

Kevmaster
09-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Yay Again!

Clare
09-06-2004, 03:04 AM
How come we don't see you around here anymore?

FatMan
09-06-2004, 04:55 PM
How come we don't see you around here anymore?

I'm here now! Where are you?

Next time they let me out of the cage I'll be sure to ring ya so ya know!

(uh-oh, I think I here the orderly comming!! Gotta run!)

FatMan

1stdeadeye
09-06-2004, 07:16 PM
With the likely demise of AO Day SC I may soon be seen no more, but at least for now I can say
thanks for remembering, and its probably better to be a legend than the tired old man you eventually
turn into.

Can't you talk Unka Phil into changing his mind? :cry:

FatMan
09-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Can't you talk Unka Phil into changing his mind? :cry:

I'm probably the one who talked him out of it! The truth is the man spends hours and lots of
his own cash to put those things on - he takes the risk, no one will comit to comming in advance.
And then people on some BBSs ***** about it ... well, its complicated. I can't really explain it
well in a post - and it would come off as poor mouthing and that's not the real point of it. Phil
will give his left nut for you all - he's just that kind of guy. But between getting screwed by
the resaurant last year (a place he and June frequented at least twice a week) and then the
attitudes of certain key peoples has just taken the drive out of him. I think he WANTS to do
it for you guys, the players, but there is more involved, and I've said too much already.

Unfortunately my advice to him was "screw it"

Of course, that's my advice on everything, which is why I'm me and he is Phil! :cool:

FatMan

Kevmaster
09-09-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm probably the one who talked him out of it! The truth is the man spends hours and lots of
his own cash to put those things on - he takes the risk, no one will comit to comming in advance.
And then people on some BBSs ***** about it ... well, its complicated. I can't really explain it
well in a post - and it would come off as poor mouthing and that's not the real point of it. Phil
will give his left nut for you all - he's just that kind of guy. But between getting screwed by
the resaurant last year (a place he and June frequented at least twice a week) and then the
attitudes of certain key peoples has just taken the drive out of him. I think he WANTS to do
it for you guys, the players, but there is more involved, and I've said too much already.

Unfortunately my advice to him was "screw it"

Of course, that's my advice on everything, which is why I'm me and he is Phil! :cool:

FatMan

FM...can you at least get him to talk about it? I've called an emailed him with no response...voice mail allthe way...dead emails. I dont want to try to start something else until I know he's dead, but I don't want to wait forever.

FatMan
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
FM...can you at least get him to talk about it? I've called an emailed him with no response...voice mail allthe way...dead emails. I dont want to try to start something else until I know he's dead, but I don't want to wait forever.

Anything you want to tell him you can tell him here - he sees it, he knows.
As far as getting him to talk, he'll talk when he's ready to, and there's nothing
I can do to change that.

My guess is if you decided to start a new event in the south he'd just let you do
that. Probably put the issue to rest.

But I can't speak for him (and I don't, BTW).

FatMan

1stdeadeye
09-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Phil

Phil can keep his left nut. I have 2 already! ;)

THe restaurant was no big thing. We all still had fun! How did they screw him?

As for attitudes, other then the Josh incident, what else happened? I heard nothing but praise for the phenominal event he put on.

Also as for committing, We will all paypal him money in advance, just like last year!

Please please please!!!!

FatMan
09-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Phil can keep his left nut. I have 2 already! ;)

THe restaurant was no big thing. We all still had fun! How did they screw him?

As for attitudes, other then the Josh incident, what else happened? I heard nothing but praise for the phenominal event he put on.

Also as for committing, We will all paypal him money in advance, just like last year!

Please please please!!!!

I appreciate the humor, but no joking, sometimes I don't think you guys understand the depth of feeling the
guy has. I'm not accusing anyone of being ungrateful, but I think it is something that you all should at least
be aware of. Every year he has spent many 10's of hours of his time and several 100's of his personal
dollars to make the event go - and he doesn't get anything for it. He's not selling anything. He just likes
to see everyone have a good time..

As for attitudes and incidents and commitments and getting screwed - I'm not going to go into details or
name names on the boards. For one thing it would just piss him off. All I can say is its not you guys.

But I'll talk to him.

FatMan

Army
09-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Walt!

If I didn't get a chance to say Happy Birthday back then...........HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY!

I pray all is well with you and your family. Dave

1stdeadeye
09-10-2004, 06:53 PM
But I'll talk to him.

FatMan

Thanks! That is all we can ask!