PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Microline!!

havoc531
06-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Today, I gassed up my gun after getting it back from AGD and the microline burst where it meets the fitting. I don't have an on/off, so I had to unscrew the tank as it was whipping my hand. Before today, I'd never had a problem with micro before, but now I'm switching to steel braided. My arms bleeding and I'm angry! :mad: A bit of advice for those of you that use microline: GET RID OF IT!

wobbles82
06-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Micronline is the scourge of the earth, at least use macro, parker paraflex is awesomeness. And if ya can use braided..even better, I prefer macro though, and micro should just die.

scrumpy
06-05-2004, 02:46 PM
I don't have any expirience with microline, but I love macroline. If you want to make a quick change to your setup you can do it, but steel braided is a Nazi when it comes to changes. Switch to macro, leave the steel braided in the hardware store.

dwab3000
06-05-2004, 02:58 PM
well,
first off, micro line is never recommended...
micro line is what connects the tippy rts, small hoses incapable of handling that kinda pressure

trust me i know..i have gotten 17 stitches from a micro accident

PsychoBaller
06-05-2004, 04:27 PM
MACROLINE... i swear by it... hitup TUNAMAN for some awesome kind o stuff that he has... Parker macro or something.. real good.

-baller

Snowball
06-05-2004, 04:31 PM
i had three different sets of macroline burst on me too...once in my hand and twice while the gun was on the floor...scared the crap outa me...

PsychoBaller
06-05-2004, 04:34 PM
I dunno wut kinda macroline u were using, but i used to have this one piece of Red macro on my RT for yrs on end, running 900psi through it.

I still run Macro on my SFL Emag and I have yet to have a problem.

Call TUNA up for some great stuff., not that typical 32degrees crap.

-baller

buildinstuff
06-05-2004, 07:15 PM
I have had zero probs with my macro, but then again I have always used the good stuff. Agreed, micro is just TO damn small to handle 900 psi.

That and my RT just looks better with this small white tubing running around beside the warp-feed tube.

Jeffe`

RenagadeOfFunk
06-05-2004, 07:37 PM
...I use micro for my alias...after all i am running it at 300 psi in put and 7-psi operation pressure....

micro = small (not good for HP)...i thought common sense would handel that problem...

Polish
06-05-2004, 09:53 PM
A guy and myself had a macroline fight at my work.... no shirts... damn I wish I could find those pics..

Beemer
06-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Switch to macro, leave the steel braided in the hardware store.

Ya thats it ask AGD how come they dont use that plastic crap, after all its WAY better and safer to, even NASA uses it. How come all the toys I see at wallymart and the sports stores have braided line?

Skoad
06-05-2004, 10:08 PM
because its ugly

Blazestorm
06-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Yes plastic tubing with silver spining fittings is so much more attractive.

Setup properly with heatshrink, SS line is very sleek.

I love it :D

SpecialBlend2786
06-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Yes plastic tubing with silver spining fittings is so much more attractive.

Setup properly with heatshrink, SS line is very sleek.

I love it :D

Agreed! It's all about the heatshrink tubing :cool:

adlar
06-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Don't be fooled into thinking steel braided hose is the safest thing in the world. The hose itself is great, but the fittings can still give you plenty of trouble. I've had more than a few quick disconnects, quickly disconnect on me, leaving a whipping steel braided hose behind... It all comes down to being careful. The macro works great for me. Just make sure you inspect it before gassing up. Be sure to check the macroline at the fittings, not just the visable hose. If you prefer steal braided, be sure to inspect your QDs to make sure they hold tightly and don't slip or stick. Of course you could have no disconnects, but that would really make tear down tough.

paintballr87
06-06-2004, 02:33 PM
I always thought that MICRO line was for things like the pneumatic on a 'cocker or thisng like lpr's on impys and stuff. and MACRO line was used to get the air fromt the asa whick your tank is screwed into to your gun hp reg, I duno maybe I just had it wrong :(

havoc531
06-06-2004, 06:21 PM
The guys at my local shop said it would be fine (the same guys that took NINE WEEKS to fix my mag :mad: ). I am really surprised it didn't burst on me before; I've been using the same line for around a year. I guess I could consider myself lucky for not seriously hurting myself.

personman
06-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Macro is bad, Micro is HORRIBLE.
SS Braided is SO much nicer and SO much more reliable.

coolcatpete
06-06-2004, 07:13 PM
Macro is bad, Micro is HORRIBLE.
SS Braided is SO much nicer and SO much more reliable.
True, but it sure is a pain.
Pete

personman
06-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Thats true, but macro is way more of a pain if you ask me.
Some people are constantly changing their setups though, its I guess its more convieniant for them. I've used the same piece of SS braided for a year and a half now.

coolcatpete
06-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Thats true, but macro is way more of a pain if you ask me.
Some people are constantly changing their setups though, its I guess its more convieniant for them. I've used the same piece of SS braided for a year and a half now.
Yeah I like to try different drops and rails and asa's so I geuss it is just about change and how much you change.
Pete

slade
06-06-2004, 07:35 PM
A guy and myself had a macroline fight at my work.... no shirts... damn I wish I could find those pics..
idicy strikes again...

i think macroline is probably the best, since its fairly reliable and can be adjusted to any length and disconnected easily.

shades
06-08-2004, 11:37 AM
I have not seen one person defend micro because it is lighter or macro for that matter. hmm? Thats Got to be like an ounce or so depending on the length. :rofl:

Thordic
06-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Good microline has a higher burst rating than comparable macroline. Did you know that?

The longer the piece of micro/macroline you use also opens you up to more chance to accident. All it takes it one tiny flaw to blow.

With Macroline, you are more likely to blow a fitting than blow the line itself. The line is rated higher than the fittings.

I've blown the line (burst a hole right in the wall of Parker when I had a problem with my reg) while I was holding it in my hand. Pretty painful, but I've had worse. Got a bruise on my palm for a few days.

I've also had a fitting explode. That's a bit scarier when the collar shoots out and bounces off a couple walls.

Both incidents were my fault, though.

Used properly, macroline is absolutely fine for paintball use. Just keep it trimmed to what length you need. Don't have big loops. I find macro is absolutely perfect when you need to attach two parts that are a few inches apart. SS braid SUCKS in conditions like that.

havoc531
06-08-2004, 01:53 PM
where can I find shrink tubing for steel braid lines?

Trick
06-08-2004, 02:20 PM
My brother bought a remote off of e-bay, and when it arrrived, it was.... microline. "What the hell?" was the first thing out of my mouth.

Ignoring every ounce of common snese in me, I let him play with it.

Later that day, it got hot out and the CO2 pressure shot up. The microline couldn't take it, and all of a sudden there was a 3 foot coiled piece of microline whipping around on this kid's back in the staging area.

I had some nasty *** bruises from shutting the tank off. I hate you microline, and I hate you, Thunderpig. :mad:

Dryden
06-08-2004, 02:26 PM
where can I find shrink tubing for steel braid lines?The best place I've found is CableOrganizer.com (http://cableorganizer.com/heat-shrink/heat-shrink2.htm). You can order anything by as little as a foot or as much as a spool, they accept PayPal, and shipping is USPS Priority at a very fair price (e.g. they don't charge $6.00 for shipping on a 6 oz package).

bart
06-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Friend of mine had a tank with an adjustable reg that was messed up so the air was going in at a very high pressure and blew a hole in his macro twice. The guy was airing it up and out of nowhere this loud bang and there was a hole in the macro. Then after fiddling with it and putting new macro line on it, it did the same when aired up so he just gave up for the time being and has since traded the tank away.