PDA

View Full Version : Stock J&J ULE Barrel?

OhMyAMoose
06-05-2004, 05:20 PM
When you order a ULE you can pick a J&J two piece barrel. Are these things any good? Someone told me theirs was a machined poorly (the inside didn?t look very smooth). Would it be a good idea to pick up another barrel? If so, what one (and I know all about paint to barrel match).

Adrenaline_Junkie
06-05-2004, 05:42 PM
IDK about the barrel but i would just get a different one. Like a boomy, stiffi, pipe or some other high end barrel.

Torbo
06-05-2004, 05:43 PM
J&J barrels are sweet. I have found that they consistantly make great shooting barrels. I dunno about the barrel that comes with the ULE, but ive used alot of their barrels, and theyve always been good quality

68_Classic
06-05-2004, 06:02 PM
j&j barrels are nice barrels my brother uses one on his mag and he likes it

slade
06-05-2004, 07:45 PM
its a pretty good barrel. i think it actually shoots better than my empire 7-piece barrel kit, but thats with evil paintballs which match the j&j barrel well. and no, its not machined poorly, the inside looks better than my empire kit.

Pain For Pleasure
06-05-2004, 07:56 PM
If you are using the ULE custom deal, I would personally choose the option of no barrel, and buy an Ultralight. Its $60 for the J&J, and the UL isn't too much more. Either way you still get a sweet barrel.

OhMyAMoose
06-05-2004, 08:00 PM
If you are using the ULE custom deal, I would personally choose the option of no barrel, and buy an Ultralight. Its $60 for the J&J, and the UL isn't too much more. Either way you still get a sweet barrel.
Well, I had a $500 credit to the AGD store... so I went ahead and got the barrel. I am going to D-Day in about a week and I wanted to make sure the barrel I got will work well.

ZapTheMad
06-05-2004, 08:07 PM
J&J makes good stuff. I'm sure you will be happy with it's performance.

mobius
06-05-2004, 08:25 PM
I use the J&J from the RT custom on my gun, and it works great.

SpecialBlend2786
06-06-2004, 12:35 AM
I like mine. Looks sweet on the marker too. The only reason I'd get a different one would be if I wanted something longer than 12"

adlar
06-06-2004, 08:00 AM
I'd get the ule custom with the no barrel option, and then go for the J&J Edge Kit. The J&Js are nice barrels and their kit is reasonably priced. The ule barrel parts will work with the Edge kit as well, but you are more than half way to the full price of a kit once you pay for the ule barrel option. I bought my Edge kit with the longer tip, and use the tip from my ule when I want a shorter one. I bought my RT before there was a no barrel option, otherwise I'd have followedmy own advice ;)

chasden
06-06-2004, 04:38 PM
I'd be willing to sell my J & J 2-piece barrel which came with my RT Custom... I shoot an Evil Pipe so the J & J has never been used and is brand spankin' new. PM me with an offer if you're interested.

TeamNausea
06-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, I had a $500 credit to the AGD store... so I went ahead and got the barrel. I am going to D-Day in about a week and I wanted to make sure the barrel I got will work well.
He already ordered the barrel yes?

coolcatpete
06-06-2004, 04:57 PM
The J&J is great. I use one on my cocker.
PEte

kevdupuis
06-06-2004, 10:00 PM
The stock barrel works great, infact my wife decided against getting another barrel or kit for her X-mag.