PDA

View Full Version : HP > LP?

t33kyboy
06-05-2004, 10:18 PM
I remember reading somewhere that you get more benifits from shooting a marker at a higher pressure then low. like.. 800psi vs 200psi. Is this true? i know in the case of mags it is, but what about paintball markers in general.

angelbeast24
06-05-2004, 10:37 PM
well lets think about this for a second to my trix with my 91/45 i get a hopper and 9 pods to it i run 170 psi into it. for my angel i put 650 into it an dget a hopper and 4 pods

usually u have less effiecnany with higher inputs

ilikePB
06-05-2004, 10:44 PM
The Shocker is LP and doesn't get good efficiency.

TraXeR
06-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Low Pressure usually means it just gets more shots to the tank, not neccessarily more efficient, compare the shocker to the emag for instance. Shocker is LP and gets crap efficiency, Emag is HP and gets crap efficiency (compared to other guns).

OysterBoy
06-05-2004, 10:55 PM
The way I understand operating pressures was, it takes X amount of air to fire a ball. So, wouldnt a gun with lower op. pressure get more shots? Just makes sense to me. However, I doubt that has to do with the actual classification HP, or LP.

ilikePB
06-05-2004, 11:02 PM
A LP gun can shoot deeper into the tank. If the gun need 650psi into it then once the tank hits 650psi you'll wanna get a refill, if it's 250psi you don't need a refill til your tank gets down to 250psi. However, some guns can get more shots per ci than others, but I don't necessarily think that's because it's HP or LP.

t33kyboy
06-05-2004, 11:50 PM
what i wanted to know was, if HP was better the LP in the actual performance of the gun. not how many shots you get out of the tank.

ilikePB
06-05-2004, 11:57 PM
For a Mag, yes. For a Viking, Trix, etc. No. It depends on the gun, what it was made for.

magman007
06-06-2004, 12:19 AM
if you are shopping for a new tank, then i would reccomend one that is HP. An HP tank on a trix, is absolutely no problem, im not really sure what the hell you are talking about. The inline regulator drops the pressure any ways. if any thing, the Hp tank would recharge the inline faster, because there is more pressure behind it. so if your tank goes to recharge and so does your inline, it will charge faster than a lp tank, for the reason that you have more pressure in the line already, to use.

ilikePB
06-06-2004, 12:21 AM
I think he means the op of the gun.

Halliday
06-06-2004, 12:31 AM
It seems more markers can take HP tanks and work then LP tanks.

t33kyboy
06-06-2004, 01:03 AM
ok ok ok, lets say i was building the ultimate gun from scratch, new design everything. would i pick HP or LP.

100th post!!!

Halliday
06-06-2004, 02:02 AM
I'd go LP. I love my E-Mag and all, but there is something nice about usimg my Impulse and getting to actually use the whole tank and not 1/3 of it.

magman007
06-06-2004, 02:04 AM
well, LP is a myth, it really doesnt do any thing better than hp. The same volume of air is needed to fire a paintball, it just depends if it is a smaller volume at higher pressure, or larger volume at a lower pressure.

this is why you see cockers with their huge volume sections before the valve, also this is why trix's have their large air chamber on the right side, and dm4's below the marker, also why angel speeds run at "lower pressure" but require a large volume.

really, its up to you, many markers run well on hp, and many on lp, its all up to you.

also, mags are technically lp, as they only run on 400psi, althouh they typically require a 600psi imput, to differentiate between the regs, as to not have a stale mate effect.

although, level 10 has changed this slightly.

TIP FOR LEVEL 10!

if you can get ahold of an adjustable tank, setup your level 10 to the lowest pressure comming out of the tank which you can still get it to fire to the target velocity. then when you put on a screw on, it will keep firing down to that point, and not the 800 psi where it would usually stop from your screw on. although you may need to turn your velocity out a bit.

No sKiLLz
06-06-2004, 02:01 PM
well, LP is a myth, it really doesnt do any thing better than hp. The same volume of air is needed to fire a paintball, it just depends if it is a smaller volume at higher pressure, or larger volume at a lower pressure.

this is why you see cockers with their huge volume sections before the valve, also this is why trix's have their large air chamber on the right side, and dm4's below the marker, also why angel speeds run at "lower pressure" but require a large volume.

really, its up to you, many markers run well on hp, and many on lp, its all up to you.

also, mags are technically lp, as they only run on 400psi, althouh they typically require a 600psi imput, to differentiate between the regs, as to not have a stale mate effect.

although, level 10 has changed this slightly.

TIP FOR LEVEL 10!

if you can get ahold of an adjustable tank, setup your level 10 to the lowest pressure comming out of the tank which you can still get it to fire to the target velocity. then when you put on a screw on, it will keep firing down to that point, and not the 800 psi where it would usually stop from your screw on. although you may need to turn your velocity out a bit.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=309529

LP is not a myth. AGD simply chooses to work with HP.

06-06-2004, 02:11 PM
I say my LP crossfire tank works well with all of my guns... that is, Angel Force Fly, Highlander Viking, DYE LCD Trix, and Psychoballistics 'cocker