PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about x-valve

mbmcewen
06-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi, I am new around here and to mags in general. I have an ULE custom on the way from agd with the ULT trigger, but a standard trigger frame. My first question is, will the ule bounce with a standard trigger, or do I need a double trigger?

Second question, is bounce not legal on most fields or tournaments?

Also, I searched, but I didn't see anything answering my exact questions. If I missed a helpful thread.....point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Matt

bunker17
06-06-2004, 09:07 PM
im not completely sure but i think that the Ult trigger is made to remove the bounce and make your trigger lighter. But you get no bounce and yes overeactive trigger are illegal at some tourneys

mbmcewen
06-06-2004, 09:13 PM
yeah I just read that on airgun.com. Oh well, maybe it is for the best.

Say if I had standard on/off......could I bounce with the standard trigger?

Cool fool!
06-07-2004, 09:33 AM
addin more shims to the ult increases bounce on the trigger. At least it did on my gun! ;)
i have a chrome bladed intelli.

abunkerer
06-07-2004, 11:13 AM
if i dont have a ult, will adding more shims to my LX increase reactivity?

:rolleyes:

Remake101
06-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Well in answer to your first question it shouldn't bounce. If it does just start adding or taking away shims till you get it right. I don't think you will need to do that if it is coming directly from AGD because they normally custom build and test it before shipping it. In answer to your second question I wouldn't worry about it at most fields. Its not that big of a deal unless you are playing in an official tourny. It all depends on the ref though. I got one ref who let my friend put his Dragun "The One" on full auto. That gun gets 30 bps on full auto. Then there are some refs who are just anal about it. If you want to play in official tournies make sure you dont have any trigger bounce but otherwise you should be good since most refs dont really care :shooting: :cry:

mbmcewen
06-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Well in answer to your first question it shouldn't bounce. If it does just start adding or taking away shims till you get it right. I don't think you will need to do that if it is coming directly from AGD because they normally custom build and test it before shipping it. In answer to your second question I wouldn't worry about it at most fields. Its not that big of a deal unless you are playing in an official tourny. It all depends on the ref though. I got one ref who let my friend put his Dragun "The One" on full auto. That gun gets 30 bps on full auto. Then there are some refs who are just anal about it. If you want to play in official tournies make sure you dont have any trigger bounce but otherwise you should be good since most refs dont really care :shooting: :cry:

Thanks for the info Remake......this is my problem. My friend has an A-5 that can sweetspot and spit ropes of paint. Personally, I think it is cheating, but I want to give him a taste of his own medicine....that's why I got the x-valve. Then I find out that the ULT won't bounce as well....so, like I said I don't really mind, cuz I think it is cheating....but, if it will do it....I will let it rip. I am playing both sides of the fence I know. You said I can add or remove shims to decrease bounce......does that also mean that I can add or remove shims to increase bounce?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

bunker17
06-07-2004, 08:36 PM
addin more shims to the ult increases bounce on the trigger. At least it did on my gun! ;)
i have a chrome bladed intelli.
I guess that means you can add bounce