PDA

View Full Version : Local field starting Mech only Tourny's

punkncat
06-06-2004, 09:59 PM
It is so nice to see my local field breaking away from the mainstream. He will be putting on a few semi regular tourny's that will be mech only.
There are several players who frequent the field that have been calling for this. So often you see the team with the biggest paint budget just creaming the other teams through sheer volume. Some of these guys spit more paint in one game than I use in an entire month. We lobbied the owner to allow a mech only tourny to level the playing field some. I am not even sure at this point if he will allow my RT to play. Even if not , I have gotten pretty good with the cocker while Logic has my stuff....
I am looking forward to painting some of these trigger walkin hose sprayers.

personman
06-06-2004, 10:11 PM
What field is it?
If its going to be big, then I might consider traveling to go to it or something? I'm not exactly sure where you are, but I would think you're atleast a few hours south of me.
Sounds like fun, though. I recently attempted to play stock class against a team of guys spitting out about 16 bps constantly.. well that diddnt work too well. Atleast with a mech tourny I can pull out my mag and be the fastest on the field :D
They cant ban the RT if I have ULT, right?

trains are bad
06-06-2004, 10:14 PM
I like the idea of limiting paint better. Like a set amount of paint per team, divided however they like. I think this idea could do more for paintball (the game) than anything else. It does not catch on because it is bad for paintball (the business).

punkncat
06-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Dan's Land Paintball in Jackson.
Its about 45min south of Atlanta. Where do you live personman? Seems like I have asked you before , but where do you normally play?

personman
06-06-2004, 10:33 PM
I live a little north of Atlanta in the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area..
I play at georgia paintball 2.0 but I havent played in forever.
I bet if the tourney is big enough I could make it out there.. if its like 5 teams then I dunno if it would be worth it though.
Lemme know some dates and what kind of tourney, please..
Does dans land have a website? It seems like I've been on it before but I cant really find it right now.

AGD
06-07-2004, 01:19 AM
If he lets mags in tell him we will sponsor it with prizes. FINALLY a mech only tourney!!

AGD

Head knight of Ni
06-07-2004, 01:38 AM
:headbang: finally. Mabye their should just be an open class and a Mech class. Anyway it's peanut butter jelly time. :dance:

Blazestorm
06-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Definately... It's really a shame to see this sport turn into whoever can shoot the fastest/most paint in the shortest amount of time. I miss the old 3-4 bps days... :clap:

Wish my local field would do that, ask any of my friends that's what I've been talking about all the time, how 90% of the tourney players would suck if they had a mech gun and a hopper of paint.

Duck Hunt
06-07-2004, 02:25 AM
My field just held an NEPL (New England Paintball League) tounry today. about 99% where shooting electros, BUT, my friends team of kids were shooting stock tippmanns and they one 3 out of 6 games facing off against older guys with timmys and such!

Sean

Hellaspaint
06-07-2004, 04:24 AM
Excellent idea to do a mech tourney. I love that!!.
If i was in US i would like to be in that tourney,,, but i am very-very far.... in Greece.
Support that event please!!!! Stop the BPS racing!!!!!

madmatt151
06-07-2004, 12:41 PM
If he lets mags in tell him we will sponsor it with prizes. FINALLY a mech only tourney!!

AGD

Why wouldn't helet Mags in? You mena the whole RT thing? Tom, If you sponsor some gifts, I will try to come down with a team.

Keep us informed.