PDA

View Full Version : Burning DVD

Igotu
06-07-2004, 02:10 PM
I would like to know how to burn a file onto dvd so I could watch it on a dvd player. I have a dvd burning and dvd data disk and a bunch of junk that came with my computer could some plz explain all this stuff to me. Thanks.

TheTramp
06-07-2004, 02:21 PM
"Clone DVD" is a good burning program that'll work with most movies. It's really easy to use and I haven't found a store bought DVD that it wont make a "back-up copy" of. ;)

Unfortunatly you have to buy it or at least beat the registration someway. :D

Igotu
06-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Can you put downlaoded video clips on them?

BlackHalo
06-07-2004, 02:32 PM
What kind of file is it?

You need something to turn it into the standard DVD format files.

It'll make two folders an \Audio_TS and \Video_TS The audio_TS folder will probably be empty, but the \Video_TS will have files in it (.bup .ifo .vob...).

After that you can pretty much use any burning program to burn it as data.

WickeDKlowN
06-07-2004, 03:07 PM
I don't know any off hand, but try searching google or Download.com for DVD Authoring software. I'm not 100% but I think Nero has dvd authouring capabilities.

For copying DVD's, I hear DVD X Copy is the best but I think they got shut down so you'd have to get it off IRC or something.

OysterBoy
06-07-2004, 03:18 PM
FYI, burnt DVDs dont work in XBOX and PS2 :(

BlackHalo
06-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Nero can burn DVDs and checks for proper format and files but there is no authoring facility.

OysterBoy - You can play burned media on PS2 or XBox...burned DVD-Videos that is.

I don't know any off hand, but try searching google or Download.com for DVD Authoring software. I'm not 100% but I think Nero has dvd authouring capabilities.

For copying DVD's, I hear DVD X Copy is the best but I think they got shut down so you'd have to get it off IRC or something.