PDA

View Full Version : LvL 10 bolt question

spectre184
06-07-2004, 03:12 PM
I have a 68 Automag with power feed and after playing yesterday and experiencing a large number of ball breaks I am considering a LvL 10 bolt.

My question is from what I have read the bolt has a foamie like the old style bolts (which I have 2 of but shoot the foamiless) is this correct? Does the foami stay on better than old style and are they replacible? I have played several times and shot out my foamie and was pretty much screwed so I went to foamiless bolt.

thanks,
Matt

danheneise
06-07-2004, 03:55 PM
while i have only played with my L10 once, i have shot many tanks of air through it and it seems to stay on fine, there is a spare one in the parts kit with the L10 but i have heard of people leaving the foamies off, if they fall off, and have no problems

Cool fool!
06-08-2004, 11:26 AM
the kit comes with an extra and i stuck my finger in the breech yesterday and its the funniest feeling of the bolt gently bouncing off your finger! lol :D

danheneise
06-08-2004, 02:42 PM
yeah it does feel good until you forget that you put the shorter spring in and forgot to turn the velocity down :wow:

athomas
06-09-2004, 08:03 AM
The foamy isn't a problem. I have used my level 10 for 2.5 years now and haven't lost it. If it does come off, the low impact of the level 10 allows you to continue shooting until you get a chance to replace it. Some people don't bother replacing it at all. Look at all the bolts on the market that have a hughe hole in the center of the bolt. The level 10 bolt without a foamy is just like most bolts on the market.

paintpiggie
06-09-2004, 03:27 PM
the foamie doesnt do much.
except to add some more cushion to the ball.

if you lose it,
it doesnt really matter.
i lost mine months ago,
and the xmag is still workin like a charm.