PDA

View Full Version : unimount coming loose

stondroopy
06-07-2004, 04:36 PM
hi all, i have a cp uni-mount thta comes loose after about an hour of play.what would be a safe option of getting it to stay on?i was thinking loc-tite but want be able to take it off eventually.any help would be much appreciated :)

shivors
06-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Loctite for a semi-permenant fix or you can use teflon tape to tighten the threading if you remove it often.

Torbo
06-07-2004, 04:43 PM
use a drop of blue loctite, it wont hold it too tight, as itll still be easy to take off, but enough so that it wont viberate loose

imstoiched!
06-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Check It makes the uni-mount.

You guys need to know first what part gets loose first before you jump in with a quick "Locktite it" Or "Teflon tape it" Not trying to jump down someones throat ;)

So which part gets loose? The part that pushes the pin valve in to your bottle? The 4 set screws that hold the body to the cage? The 2 screws holding the cage to the grip?

Loud Tim
06-07-2004, 08:07 PM
if it was like mine it is the two screws that hold the carriage to the gun
all i did was a little tefflon tabe and a good torque with the old allen wrench and it hasnt come loose at all the last 8 or nine times ive played before that it would start to wiggle about everyother time i played with it.

stondroopy
06-07-2004, 08:33 PM
its the 2 screws that attach to the frame,ill try some tpae first and see what happens

hAppy
06-07-2004, 08:57 PM
i had that problem, i hated unimounts for that
fit a small oring over the screw, and tighten hard!

i know how everything it gets loose, you hae to undo the macrofitting, i know that gets annoying, dremel out one side of the cage so the asa just slips in and out ;)

imstoiched!
06-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Blue Locktite or green Locktite it!

I've played for 2 monthe with mine and never had a problem-NO Nocktite. Might try a can of V-8 :p Seriously though, try torquing down more on it. I work with SS screws and aluminum all the time so my "feel" may be calibrated for the torque required but you will feel that point where the screw won't get any more tighter.