PDA

View Full Version : Now that you Have Intelliframes How About some Feedback!!

AGD
10-11-2001, 12:14 AM
Guys,

A bunch of you have the Intelliframes now, how about some feedback on what you did with them and how they set up?

Thanks

AGD

DjGruv
10-11-2001, 01:03 AM
I don't have one yet, but I will have one soon. I held one at Sam's and all I can say is SWEET. I got a few friends that fell inlove with it as well.

bsusigep18
10-11-2001, 01:15 AM
What can i say? They fit perfectly and shoot even better. I've had my mag for about 2 weeks and i've already spent waaay too much money on it, but money was made to be spent! Thank you AGD!

SIGSays
10-11-2001, 03:21 AM
i like mine alot!

but it has that purpleish color to it........

SuperOrangeTicTac
10-11-2001, 05:46 AM
i love mine and i have the revvy to grip link also. But i have been chopping a TON of paint usually, first it happen because the foamie on my Phase2 came off so i put the stock bolt on. It still chops. It might be the linkage thing to the revvy or bad paint, or me short stroking with the frame but i will find out. It still rocks :)

Dragoon
10-11-2001, 06:19 AM
My frame is still on-route.

I do have a question though. I was planning on hooking it up to my pro-team warp, pugging it in where the external sensor plugged in. Will this activate the warp? After all there is no battery in the grip so where does the voltage come from?

ben_JD
10-11-2001, 08:13 AM
Mine works like a gem. I installed it in the paintball store as soon as it was delivered, aired up the marker and threw some paint at their range. It worked very well.

I then hooked up the Intellifeed with a 3/32" phone jack in the grip, which promptly took a direct paintball hit and was KIA. I have replaced the plug, but need to find a more durable connection method before taking it back into harm's way. Oddly enough, the shorting of the phone plug due to the paintball hit seems to have fried the Revolution circuit board, because now the IR eye doesn't work at all...only the newly replaced Intellifeed will engage the Revolution motor.

The frame itself works flawlessly and is very attractive when compared with the stock grip frame.

slateman
10-11-2001, 09:43 AM
How long do they take to ship? I ordered mine from AGD on Sun.

ProjectMag
10-11-2001, 10:05 AM
I've had my blade Intelliframe for a couple weeks now and can say that it is a great product and is highly recommended. Very short trigger pull and with a ReTro Valve, even better. One slight negative is the looseness of the trigger with the safety on and the side to side slop. This, however, becomes hardly noticeable when gassed up. I plan on having Dan at Triggernomics carve and polish my trigger to look like this one:

RiceRocket
10-11-2001, 10:40 AM
So far, so good...

The "Intelliframe Linkage to Revvy" picture story really made it easy to hook-up. I haven't run any paint through it yet, just dry fired at home. Planning on taking a lunch break to a local paintball store to shoot some paint and check my velocity.

Good to hear about the direct hit from ben_JD. Since I play up front, gun hits are common during bunkering. I rigged the wire and the jack so it runs behind the powerfeed. I guess some electrical tape around the jack may provide some additional protection. Initially, I planned on having the jack in the grip frame, having a longer male end wire, but the connected jack wouldn't fit. We'll see how this configuration works out at practice this weekend.

ProjectMag, Triggernomics' blade trigger is around $45. I emailed him yesterday and that was his quote. It's definitely nice and will add to a custom look. I was considering it myself.

I'll give a performance review next week.

Thanks TK.

ProjectMag
10-11-2001, 10:48 AM
Dan at Triggernomics quoted me $35, maybe thats if I provide my own trigger for him to work on. Anyways, I'm sure it would feel as good as it looks.

Potatoboy
10-11-2001, 11:00 AM
I should have a Groove trigger intelliframe waiting for me when I get home from work. I'm going to work on the intellifeed (already made my own 3/32" to 3/32" cable) and I'll be sure to post pics of the finished product. Here's a teaser, It's an all AGD gun.

RT Pro: Hi Polish- Hopper Left Power Feed
Intelliframe: Groove Trigger
Flatline Tank: 68ci 3000PSI
Warp Feed: With PTP mounting bracket & motion sensor- Red
12volt Revolution: Clear

P.S. Does any one know how to remove the circular plate that hold the PTP motion sensor in? I want to get rid of that extra cable without cutting it.

ben_JD
10-11-2001, 11:14 AM
What took a direct hit on my marker was the actual male phone plug that connects to the female input in the Intelliframe grip. The male plug was destroyed and (apparently) shorted the system. It was easy to cut the old plug off and solder a new plug back in its place, but I am leery of another hit or just general roughness that may have the same result.

If you wire it precisely as AGD has indicated in his picture-book manual, you won't have the same vulnerabilities, as the connection is not sticking out of the side of the frame inviting abuse.

I am now looking for a low-profile 90-degree angled 3/32" male plug that would be able to survive more abuse. Has anyone seen one of these?

braaatz
10-11-2001, 01:48 PM
Well first of all the quality is the best ive seen over
all aftermarket triggers. The trigger "slop" is the least
also, even compared to stock frames.(which I dont think is a big deal anyways). OH yea and it shots great, its very
comfortable, and greatly reduces me jerking the gun while shooting. Setting up the link to the warp was easy also.
Over all im really glad I waited.

Thanks AGD:D

X-Plosive
10-11-2001, 03:43 PM
hey man, back off. Purple is cool:D

krafty
10-11-2001, 03:51 PM
Darn right purple is cool! My black frame is pretty black, but it still looks great with my purple minimag body. Just waiting on my new ReTro Valve to round out the Grape Ape. :)

TylerDurden
10-11-2001, 04:23 PM
It's awesome! it feels great and with the blade trigger i can fire a lot faster than i use to.WWWWWWWWoooooooooohhhhhhhhooooooooooooo

Cypres0099
10-11-2001, 05:41 PM
I got my intelliframe a little while ago and it is sweet. I can keep up a higher rate of fire for a longer period of time than with the stock. It has a really short and light trigger pull. With the stock frame if i tried to fire as fast as i could I would short stroke, with this frame nothing. So far I've put 500 rnds through my gun with it on all at a higher ROF than I usually shoot, so I could see what the frame could actually do. No chops no short strokes no problems.

P.S. If anyone needs to know how to know how to hook up the intellifeed to a pre brass eagle 9V, all you have to do is attach the white wire from the Phono plug to the white wire going into the revvy's board and the plain phono to the blue.

magmanpaintball
10-11-2001, 05:56 PM
I just got mine today and i tell yah. DAMN!!! I could shoot prolly shoot faster than an angel with this thing. It is by far the best thing that i have ever shot.

Dubstar112
10-11-2001, 06:18 PM
i love it, infact now that i know how much i like it i would buy one even if i didnt own a mag.:)

Nitroduck
10-11-2001, 07:04 PM
Great frame.....

One thing : drill a hole in the frame so you can access the grips forward-most frame screw..That'd be the finishing touches.

magking1971
10-11-2001, 09:09 PM
I hate double triggers but got the intilli on a trade and put it on my mag to try it out and well, I LOVE IT!!
Works slick as heck, I'm going to keep it.
ben-JD I went and got two earphone sets from radio shack, ($2.19)cut the ear thingies off and the jacks are at a 90 degree angle works great.
The part # is 33-174B hope it helps.

Shaft
10-11-2001, 10:10 PM
I had my Intelliframe Groove out for a day.

Looks good. The purplish finish matches my SP Teardrop, so more power to me.

Feels good. The sticky was an excellent choice. The grip is comfy in my big hands.

Works good. I could fire fast controlled bursts with ease. The position of the bottomline holes is more forward which balances my PF Mag with 68cui Flatline better. Nice.

Small gripe -
The hex screws look swell and all, but what oddball aerospace spec hex are those things? Now if I had only taught my cat to fetch my tools.

A gripe you may want to consider -
The main tear down screw would be better recessed. It digs into my hand - gloves help.

Curiosity -
I wonder if the Blade trigger is any better. It'd be cool if it came with both. I may be asking for too much here.

r

RobAGD
10-12-2001, 12:07 AM
Well all of the people I have sold them too have been extreamly happy with them.

I have now down 2 links, and I really dont like the 1/8 connectors.

As for the 90* 3/32 they are not very strong, I broke on off my Revy with my mask. :/

I should be getting mine soon for In Shop demo units ( my guns :D )

I am debating what and how I am going to hook them up to.

-Robert

ben_JD
10-12-2001, 08:54 AM
Thanks, Magman and RobAGD for your comments. I assume that any 3/32" male jack won't be very strong, I am just looking for something stronger than the 3/32" straight plug that gave its life for my last weekend.

What I envision is similar to the round 1/4" phone plugs with a flat, round top and a 90-degree bend to the probe. Difficult to paint a picture with words, but the top of this plug is round a flat with the wire coming from the side of the plug. I have seen these on larger phone plugs, but don't recall having seen them on the smaller plugs. It looks tough enough to take a direct hit with little or no real danger of damage.

But, the Intelliframe is great. I don't personally have any problems with the color of the anodizing, but maybe mine was in a different batch than Tunaman's.

SIGSays
10-12-2001, 01:19 PM
i notice that when i turn on my rev it still spins after i set up the intellifeed...... then when i puch down on the lever it goes even faster!!!! then when i have my finger in the feed tube and push down on the lever the thing spins just as fast as when i don't have my finger in it..... how many volts does it utilize??
and i got a 12v and it's even more with the whole intellifeed set up

Gunga
10-15-2001, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by ben_JD
I am now looking for a low-profile 90-degree angled 3/32" male plug that would be able to survive more abuse. Has anyone seen one of these?

Ben_JD,

I'm using a 90* elbow on my Intellifeed/IntelliFrame setup. I've got some pics (and part #'s) of it at: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13542

As for feedback, I've only used my Intelliframe once so far, just as a standard double trigger. Veeeeeeery nice. :) I set up the Intellifeed part of it, but have yet to play with it. THough it works quite nicely during testing in ye olde back yard. :) I think I'll try it out this weekend.