PDA

View Full Version : Anyone NOT like the ULT?

trains are bad
06-07-2004, 07:05 PM
I BRoke my on/off pin. I have no problem with my retrovalve stock but if I have to buy a pin I may get a ULT, but then I can't go back w/o getting a pin anyway. I HATE shortstroking and mine is very hard to shortstroke.

Chronobreak
06-07-2004, 07:52 PM
i prefer my on/off assembly stock just they way tom made it :D but seriously im just not good at walking and i canr each as hgih or higher speeds with the stock assembly so thats what i did and to eaches own :cheers:

cphilip
06-07-2004, 08:04 PM
i prefer my on/off assembly stock just they way tom made it :D

Tom made the ULT too....

I like em.

Z-man
06-07-2004, 08:55 PM
I prefer the stock setup because it's a bit more robust and well... it helps with faster shooting :)

The Spanish Inquisition
06-07-2004, 10:18 PM
yup.

after looking at Z-mans reactivity web page im sticking with the stock on/off. You should post one of your vids Z.

Z-man
06-07-2004, 10:32 PM
or you could have posted it ;)

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Z-mans_AO_Corner/Z-mans_corner_main.html

Jack & Coke
06-07-2004, 10:52 PM
I was excited at first for the feel of the super light pull of the ULT... however after much fruitless tinkering/adjustments with shims and field testing, I've come to the conclusion that the ULT is just not for me and my shooting style.

That is to say, although it's a great engineering accomplishment to achieve such an ultra light trigger pull, the increased amount of chuffing due to the ULT absolutley negates any benefits it was originally designed for.

ULT = increased chance for chuffing during rapid fire = BAD

*licks chops at the possibilities of new Deadly Wind hAir trigger development...*

CaliMagFan
06-08-2004, 12:57 AM
i cant recall ever chuffing with my ult... i wonder what is up with that?..... everyone that shoots my marker and sticks their finger in the breach is in awe... they know its mech cause even the ult is not fully "walkable" (some people say they can do it, but its just not practical like electro walking) and they can just tell the quality and power it holds. anyway, i'm waxing poetic now that i'm thinking about my marker.... its all a personal preference thing i'm sure...

-kyro

BlackVCG
06-08-2004, 01:20 AM
After much tinkering with my ULT, I've concluded that it ROCKS and I will never go back to the old on/off setup. I don't think I'll shoot my E-Mag anymore I like my RTP so much now.

Fred
06-08-2004, 10:59 AM
I didn't like mine at first cause I didn't have enough shims to set it up right (all my LX shims were already in the powertube...) so it didn't work...

but now that its set up correctly... holy crap, I can shoot it really fast... I like how easy it is to rip off a short burst.

---Fred

Empyreal Rogue
06-08-2004, 12:00 PM
After much tinkering with my ULT, I've concluded that it ROCKS and I will never go back to the old on/off setup. I don't think I'll shoot my E-Mag anymore I like my RTP so much now.

I agree, whole-heartedly.

I had some problems with it once I bought it but all I had to do was dry-fire it a few times to break it in (It was used). Now it's fine. Well, I hope it's fine... I haven't fire it recently (Within the last 10 or so days), I hope it works fine when game-day comes though. I don't see why it wouldn't. *shrugs*

GoatBoy
06-08-2004, 03:08 PM
I had a ULT installed for a while... I never had any problems with short stroking, but I did have issues with recharge. I think AGD gluing the pins was a bad idea, considering how delicate the tuning of them can be.

I liked how it felt, but didn't like not being able to tune it all the way, so I've removed it. I also managed to slightly bend the pin while trying to remove it from the support, thanks to the glue. Great.

I might revisit it sometime in the future, but one thing... I can't actually shoot any faster with the ULT. It's just a little easier get a longer string off with it.