PDA

View Full Version : PRESS RELEASE: 68Caliber.Com to raise money for Shatner event

PaintballChannel
06-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Labor Day weekend 2004 will mark the third year that William Shatner will participate in Celebrity Paintball, the event formerly known as William Shatners SPPLAT Attack. The event is held each year to raise money for Ahead With Horses, an organization that works with severely handicapped children by using equine-therapy to help them learn to adjust to their difficult lives and learn to be more mobile.

In celebration of this years event, 68Caliber.Com has set up a donation button on their website (www.68caliber.com) and has made the pledge to match donations dollar per dollar (up to $1,500) for the charity.

"It is our goal to reach the $1,500 mark, and we would be delighted to hand Mr. Shatner a check, with our matched funds, for $3,000 at this years Celebrity Paintball event." Bryan Gilchrist, CEO of 68Caliber.Com stated. "We would be even more delighted to be able to hand him a check for an even greater amount."

"It's wonderful to see someone with Mr. Shatners stature taking the time to raise money for such a great charity as Ahead with Horses," Dale Ford, President, adds. "And it's even more wonderful that he's using a sport such as paintball to raise those funds. I take my hat off to him."

"I encourage every paintball related website to do the same. In fact, I encourage every paintball company to do the same. It's time the sport gives back to the people." Gilchrist declared.

If you would like to take part and make a donation, you can head over to www.68Caliber.com and click on the "Make a Donation" button, or click on the Ahead with Horses logo on the website for more information.

Additionally, if you would like information on this Celebrity Paintball event, head over to www.celebritypaintball.com.