PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have a hoarding problem?

Big'n slo
06-07-2004, 09:04 PM
I just can't seem to part with anything, be it paintball gear, computer crap, car junk, beer...
Why do I feel the need to hold onto things that I have no clue what it is or does?
Boxes of crap lying around taking up space got me to thinking about building another shed to store more crap. For a good hour I was mentally trying to place this shed somewhere in the yard that isn't already occupied by useless junk.

This all came about when I decided to inventory my paintball gear to see if there was anything I could part with. Each piece I picked up immediately sent my mind into a frenzy of "what if" projects, usually ending with the thought "I'll only need to get a few more parts to finish." or "Thats a good reason to get (insert new tool here)."

What the heck do I need 8 mags for?

http://home.comcast.net/~jeffreykier/Pics/Magssm.JPG

And I think I could put two more together with spare parts if I had more screws!?!

Edit: Ooooooo, looky! Post #999.... Now I'm hoarding those too!

1stdeadeye
06-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Nice set up. Is that Logic Framed one new?

As for the hoarding, yeah I know about that too. I have one or two markers myself! ;)

Thermus
06-07-2004, 09:17 PM
I always sell stuff I don't use. Ahhh, the wonders of ebay.

I'll help you get rid of some things, just send me anything you don't want (like any of those mags, or hell, any of those guns) :) . I'll even pay for it.

JimmyBeam
06-07-2004, 09:39 PM
i like how that vert frame looks with the 15 degree vert adapter. very nice

Stealthgerbil
06-08-2004, 07:29 AM
Look, just send me any of yor extra paintball gear, I'll take care of it ;)

Big'n slo
06-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Nice set up. Is that Logic Framed one new?

As for the hoarding, yeah I know about that too. I have one or two markers myself

Sure is new ;) And yes you are a gun whore! :D

Hopefully your not all played out 1DE, I need to get some ballin in this month :cry:

i like how that vert frame looks with the 15 degree vert adapter. very nice

Thanks, thats one of those "if I get a quick post tool changer for the lathe I can make that" projects.

Look, just send me any of yor extra paintball gear, I'll take care of it

Therein lies the problem, I see none of my gear as "extra"

Stealthgerbil
06-08-2004, 09:09 AM
You have some nice mags. That SC pump is sweet.

Muzikman
06-08-2004, 09:43 AM
You know, I have the same problem. I still have every computer I ever owned (and trust me, there are lots. I also have very piece of paintball related gear I have ever bought. I have only traded 4 items and have never sold any. I got boxes of stuff, some of which are parts for guns I don't even own. So I hear ya man...all I can say, keep it organized, so if you do ever need it, you know where it is;)

abunkerer
06-08-2004, 10:45 AM
I recognise some of those parts :D

I had the same problem, I had to consolidate, I broke down and forced myself to sell most of my stuff and bought an overpriced matrix.

shades
06-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Sounds like MONEY to me. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously, look at your STUFF one at a time and be honest with yourself do I really need this in daily life, have I used this in the past year, how old is this and is it outdated, am I really going to fix this or can it be fixed cheaper than buying a new one now, especially if you say what is this? Dude have a garage sale you can make Hundreds of dollars. Especially with tools, and kids cloths. Computer parts you might as well give to the garbage man because they are outdated 18 months after they are made. Any 486s should hit the curb they are too agonizing to use on the net. Books can go to the library where they can store them or sell them to make money so you can have better info. Beer cans can hit ebay for a nice little profit. Dude you have to be honest with yourself if you cant do that then you got a bigger problem then the stuff around you. Deep huh.
I personnally got rid of a ton of stuff that was cluttering up ,my new house this way and bought some new working nice stuff with the money. Sent the left over books to the library, clothes to Goodwill, and tools/electronics to the high school. It feels good to give. It feels better to have the SPACE! OH yeah the MONEY!!!! :headbang:

Muzikman
06-08-2004, 11:21 AM
486's? What about the 8088's, 286's and 386's too?;) (No kidding, I got them all...)

Big'n slo
06-08-2004, 11:27 AM
I hear that, still have my Tandy 1000 and all the 5.25" games for it!?! And my Colecovision, never parting with that though :D

I was thinking of sending some old boxes of magazines to our troops overseas, wonder if they'd like car, truck, bike magazines dating back to the early 90's?

1stdeadeye
06-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Sure is new ;) And yes you are a gun whore! :D

Hopefully your not all played out 1DE, I need to get some ballin in this month :cry:

Maybe this weekend?

Big'n slo
06-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Maybe this weekend?

Maybe next? 19th 20th?

1stdeadeye
06-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Maybe next? 19th 20th?

:cry:
Father's Day ring a bell? :wow:

:cuss:

ZapTheMad
06-08-2004, 03:28 PM
you are only a small time gun whore :)

Check out firepro84's web page. 47 guns and counting!

http://www.firepro84.com

Big'n slo
06-08-2004, 03:33 PM
:cry:
Father's Day ring a bell? :wow:

:cuss:

:spit_take

Ahh crap

you are only a small time gun whore

:hail:

Give it time, give it time...

1stdeadeye
06-08-2004, 03:35 PM
:spit_take

Ahh crap

We could maybe do a Wednesday night. Also Papa G's in Mantua reopened. He won his zoning board dispute! :headbang:

Big'n slo
06-08-2004, 03:37 PM
We could maybe do a Wednesday night. Also Papa G's in Mantua reopened. He won his zoning board dispute! :headbang:

Saaaaaweet! :headbang:

Wednesday night where?

1stdeadeye
06-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Saaaaaweet! :headbang:

Wednesday night where?

Don't know. I need to see when Papa G's starts up Wednesday nights again.