PDA

View Full Version : 1 or 2 piece barrels??

felony
06-08-2004, 06:50 AM
Hey guys. I am in the market for a new barrel kit or a few single piece barrels.

One thing I always hated about two piece barrels was how the bores did not match up (ie freak) how the inserts very visible when looking down the bore. My EQ was like this, as well as every other insert/two piece barrel I have seen. Does this effect the ball at all?

Does the scepter kit fix this (ie center the bore so it is the same all the way around the tip of the barrel?)

Or should I just go with 3 CP one pieces that will get he job done just as nicely?

any suggestios here?

thanks
dan

RRfireblade
06-08-2004, 07:07 AM
Personally I do like 1 peice barrels over 2. As for 2 peice barrels,the second piece is almost always a larger bore than the first so the ball really doesn't make contact with it. Perfect alignment,at least looking from the exit side of the barrel isn't critical.as long as from the breach side,you can't see a ridge or misalignment(if you could you'd have a break about every shot) your typically fine.

On mags,I'm currently using 1 piece barrels with little porting in the hopes of a little added efficiency and of which,2-3 bore sizes is plenty in most cases as well.

felony
06-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Personally I do like 1 peice barrels over 2. As for 2 peice barrels,the second piece is almost always a larger bore than the first so the ball really doesn't make contact with it. Perfect alignment,at least looking from the exit side of the barrel isn't critical.as long as from the breach side,you can't see a ridge or misalignment(if you could you'd have a break about every shot) your typically fine.

On mags,I'm currently using 1 piece barrels with little porting in the hopes of a little added efficiency and of which,2-3 bore sizes is plenty in most cases as well.

Looks like your xmag is sporting the bizerk barrel. I had a equation before but just didnt not looking down the exit part of the barrel and seeing that part being off center.

would like into the normal bizerks but they are only 12 " max :[

dan

RRfireblade
06-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I used them and did like them pretty well.I have them on 3 other guns as well.I just currently switched over and I think I'm going to keep it this way for a little while.Added around 15%-20% extra efficiency with a full 9 inch un-ported and un-stepped bore which helps on a L10 Mag.

Kevmaster
06-08-2004, 04:18 PM
I personally use whatever barrel Lapco makes...and am happy with that

Fatjon
06-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Ive shot alot of barrels including the, freak, scepter, Ultralights, AA, Pipe, lapco, and so on. But now im shooting the Mac Dev Matchstick, and i love it. I like it better than my freak and scepter. Its got 3 backs and 2 tips. Great kit at a great price. If you shoot a spyder or cocker you should pick one up. I got it on my trix and havent busted a ball yet in the barrel.

Torbo
06-08-2004, 06:20 PM
heres my suggestion: if you shoot a mag: buy a lapco barrel...the long unported section helps efficiency. Which i desperatly needed on a mag
any other open bolt gun: dye ultra light, or cp classic, either the .688 or .692 for the ultralight, or the .689 or .693 for the cp. Only one barrel is needed.
Closed bolt: Kaner kit, if you can find it.

The Action Figure
06-08-2004, 07:34 PM
I loved my one piece cp it was crazy nice