does the eye really work
Is it a reliable gun
will it just break is a second like some spyders

Can I use Co2 or should I go buy Nitro.

Chipper
06-08-2004, 05:19 PM
:tard:

Basically all I can answer since I have never shot a TES.

Nitro is just all round better for basically any gun, but it is alot of $$. Co2 is fine, but (yet again) I think it recieves many bad looks from many players, and his much harder to work with.

Hope this doesn't turn into a C02 vs Nitro thingy. :tard:

PaintballMaster229
06-08-2004, 05:21 PM
thanx for the info ill look into nitro

Major Ho
06-08-2004, 05:34 PM
The eye definetely works. I played with one for most of a day and had to switch from a Halo to an old school revvy, The eye slowed me down to a crawl when the revvy was on, not to mention the revvy batteries were about to die of a stroke.
There is no eye bypass mode though, so you cant dry fire and fool around. I think spyders are pretty reliable so I would imagine this would be on par as well.
What I noticed that Didnt work was the input air guage, thing was brand new and none of the guages worked. Im sure CO2 will work ok too

punkncat
06-08-2004, 05:42 PM
I don't own a TES but have seen a few at the field. For what they cost it is a great buy. They seem to be what you are paying for.

As far as HPA vs CO2 with an electro it is always better to be using HPA. More consistant and won't freeze orings.
Although HPA is unavailable in some areas and its always worthwhile to be able to use co2. Get a 20oz tank with and Anti Siphon for just in case.

TraXeR
06-08-2004, 05:43 PM
There is no eye bypass mode though, so you cant dry fire and fool around.

Not true, turn it on with trigger held down for about 5 seconds and then the eyes will turn off.

teufelhunden
06-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Im probably going to buy a TES and was wonder why it is so inexpencive

Does it really not chop goin 15 bps
does the eye really work
Is it a reliable gun

I've put a case thru it, all with a revvy, no chops. Eye works fine, never had issues with it. It's been reliable for me, and will continue to be reliable provided I do simple, routine maintenance. Also, mine runs fine on CO2.

PaintballMaster229
06-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanx guys

Chipper
06-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Thats what AOs for.

tyrion2323
06-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Im probably going to buy a TES and was wonder why it is so inexpencive
because it's made in Taiwan
Does it really not chop goin 15 bps
rarely does it chop, and it is capable of 20bps
does the eye really work
Yes
Is it a reliable gun
For the most part, although you WILL need to maintain it
Uhmm, not if you know what you're doing
Either works

If you decide to purchase a TES, there are a few upgrades that you will want:
(1) regulator
(2) new bolt

Mojojojo
06-08-2004, 06:33 PM
a buddy of mine has one, it shots pretty well...
he had some trouble w/ it, he got a new reg, and i guess, forgot to maintain it, so it only worked for a game, and it would burp...........

so, maintence is a must!

PaintballMaster229
06-08-2004, 07:44 PM
What is a good reg for me.

jesseyo13
06-08-2004, 08:38 PM
The tes overall is a decent gun. It does work on co2, but the co2 makes the orings get small and once in awile it wont recock. The tes may do 20 bps, but over about 10 the eye starts to faulter. One thing that I didnt like about it was the trigger switch. It was rather hard for an electro, but for 200$ it is well worth it for a good beginer gun :headbang:

minimag03
06-09-2004, 12:50 AM
A good reg for you would be a Air Americia Vigilate (sp?). It should be able to keep up with your gun, work in your operating pressure, and work on co2 and compressed air. Last time I checked it was only like $50 at paintballgear.com. Good luck with the TES :)

PaintballMaster229
06-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Thanx