PDA

View Full Version : Mill out the top of the TL 63 trigger for emag

yakitori
06-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi,
I recently heard the the TL 63 trigger can cause damage to the emag trigger frame, so I took it out and replaced it w/ the stock trigger. The reason I heard that it causes damage and is not covered under warranty is because of the set screw in the top used for setting back travel that hits and wears away the metal on the trigger frame over time. when I took it off, I thought, it could be milled out to the same size as the magnets and glue a magnet in there just like the stock trigger is. Wouldnt this prevent it from wearing out the frame? I figure it would be cheaper than buying a logic trigger. dunno, maybe I should just leave in the stock trigger.

Hexis
06-08-2004, 05:42 PM
The problem is that the set screw functions as the triggering set point. If you back the screw all the way out you get the same effect. Replaceing it with a magnet will simply increase the return force.

yakitori
06-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Ya, I thought about that after I posted. Only thing is that turning the top set screw all the way out makes the pull a bit longer, and w/ the TL trigger the rear magnet isnt adjustable. So, I cant really shorten the pull much if I do it the way you suggested. It will add what an extra mm to the pull? W/ the stock trigger, I can turn the set screw inside the frame on the mode switch to stop back travel, and then adjust the magnet that the HES senses to set my firing point. So, the stock trigger is more forgivable than the TL for the simple fact that the magnet on the back of the trigger is adjustable to set the firng point.

I guess I could tap a set screw through the TL trigger and make the back magnet adjustable. Hmmm. Thanks for the reply.

yak

Hexis
06-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Drilling out the top of the trigger would have the same effect. You still would not be able to adjust the trigger travel.

lamby
06-10-2004, 01:40 AM
The problem is not with the trigger frame cracking, but with the adverse effects this trigger has on the RT/manual function of the trigger.

Yak, I had that trigger in there since I bought it (about 2 weeks after to be accurate) and put tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of balls through it with no problems. The problem is with the trigger rod adjustments. If you are careful yo ucan have a TL63 and and manual mode, but it is not easy to make it work right without sweetspotting to the point of being banned at tourneys.

If you do not want to use the TL63 let me know and I would like to buy it back. These triggers are not made anymore and teammate of mine was dieing for one. You have my email, let me know.

Lamby

RRfireblade
06-10-2004, 06:25 PM
The problem is not with the trigger frame cracking, but with the adverse effects this trigger has on the RT/manual function of the trigger.

It's both of those things.At least 2 cracked frames that I'm aware of.

sneakyhacker420
06-10-2004, 06:32 PM

Yak, I had that trigger in there since I bought it (about 2 weeks after to be accurate) and put tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of balls through it with no problems. The problem is with the trigger rod adjustments. If you are careful yo ucan have a TL63 and and manual mode, but it is not easy to make it work right without sweetspotting to the point of being banned at tourneys.

If you do not want to use the TL63 let me know and I would like to buy it back. These triggers are not made anymore and teammate of mine was dieing for one. You have my email, let me know.

Lambynik hignite has an extra one sitting in his toolbox...

his SN on AO is Nick O Time

and as far as the cracked frames go, when i had my Micro-E and the TL63, i just took out the sear rod so that it wouldnt hit the trigger and beat it against the top of the frame

lamby
06-12-2004, 04:28 AM
sweet, I will talk to Jason or Dave tommorrow and se what Nick wants for it.

Thanks for the heads up.

sneakyhacker420
06-12-2004, 09:00 AM
no prob - give him an offer of $25 and he'll probably take it ;)

yakitori
06-12-2004, 12:16 PM
hey, sorry I havent been around. I can sell the trigger if you want it. I will let you have it back for 20. I will ship it first class mail though and it wil take about 3-4 days to get to you. Its hasnt caused a problem w/ my frame, its just that ppl talk and it makes me kinda nervous about it. I just put the stock trigger and rod back in so I can use manual mode if I ever need to. PM me, unless you already bought that other one. Not a big deal if you did. I just have these things sitting around so.

cya later
yak