PDA

View Full Version : tell me if this is wrong

Abel
10-11-2001, 12:54 PM
Ok i went playing last friday right...and me and my friend which has an autococker were playing on the same team against some newbies...no disrespect or anything...well anyways we took most of the team out and i went up the rights side...opposite of the last player and krept around the corner and yelled surrendor twice...and he refused and fired anyway...so i fired like 4 time and hit him...so game over...and the ref which i know cuz i'm a regular comes up to me and say's "Man do you think you hit him"...well i defended my position and after the game i went up to the guy and said i was sorry and that was it...but i still felt alittle bad about the whole ordeal

Daniel Morse
10-11-2001, 01:04 PM
You did nothing wrong. He should have surrendered. If somebody did that to me I would light him up.

2000Sabre
10-11-2001, 01:14 PM
I don't think you did anything wrong. You gave the guy a chance to surrender, he chose not to so you fired and hit him a few times. Next time he'll know better. Not only did you play fair, you even went up to him and apologized. I don't think you had any cause to do it but you did anyway.

If anything I think the field you were playing at ought to clarify it's surrender rule and make sure people (especially newbie's)understand what will happen if they get in that situation. A+ in my book for the way you played the game and handled it afterward.

I don't think you were out of line at all here.

skipdogg
10-11-2001, 01:22 PM
It comes with the territory. 4 is no big deal. dont sweat it!

MikeCouves
10-11-2001, 01:29 PM
Haha yeah 4 is nothing. I was shot about 25 times because I was hit about 6 or 7 by the guy who took me out, and then when I put my hand up the whole team on the other side started shooting...that pissed me off big time and I started yelling..."you bunch of gunkies!"

don't try to circumvent the cuss filter please...:cool:

tooslow
10-11-2001, 01:31 PM
You did everything that could be possibly expected. You should actually be proud of yourself. A lot of players would not have even given him the chance to surrender, let alone apologize afterwards. You were acting as an excelent representative of our sport. Congratulations.

jas142
10-11-2001, 01:57 PM
Don't worry, if you hadn't shot him when he refused to surrender, he could have hit YOU 4 or 5 times. It's always a good idea to keep your finger on the trigger ready to shoot whenever you're surrendering someone by suprise (Like coming up from behind them or from the side). If they're not thinking, they might jump, freak, and shoot you from 5 feet. It was a good decision.

jas142
10-11-2001, 02:03 PM
and while we're on the subject of shooting newbies numerous times (lol) I have a little story...

I was playing a game on a pretty bad indoor field. It was a 10 vs 10 walk on game, with my 5 man team ALL on one side with 5 other walk ons which we didn't know, vs 10 others. As it turns out, it gets down to 3 vs 1. (ironicly, the side with 3 people left was my side, and those three players were all from my team :) This one kid is behind a bunker, and we're all pounding it with paint. I keep calling for a paint check, because I KNOW of us must of hit him. But the refs weren't too bright, and didn't do a paintcheck. I make a flanking menouver, and sneak up in a bunker BEHIND his. I lean out, and see a perfect back shot, he doesn't even know I'm there. I yell at him to surrender, and he just turns and runs. However, at that point, all three of us open up firing on him. We must have hit him 20 or 25 times. Eventually I yell "STOP SHOOTING! STOP SHOOTING! HE'S OUT!!!" It turns out he didn't know he had to call himself out,:D We all laughed about it latter, no hard feelings.

Temo Vryce
10-11-2001, 02:10 PM
You did nothing wrong. You asked him to surrender twice, and when he refused he fired the first shot at you. So you returned fire. Now 4 hit maybe a little much when it comes to newbie but that's a part of the game. Sometimes you do get lit up. Here's something that the guys I playwith have started doing when we end up having the upper hand against a newbie or two.

Once we realise that we are in this situation someone calls out "REC!! LEFT HAND!!" For the most part I play with right handed players so we switch to our left hand. The lefties switch to the right hand. If you aren't very good with your off hand it makes for an interesting game. We try not to advance on them because an up close shot really hurts. I have been eliminated a few times doing this but the smile on the newbies face is well worth the ribbing from my friends. Our field also promotes the surrender rule and recommends it. A few of the tournament players like myself may not surrender depending on who's asking, ie Rec player = surrender, Tourny player = shoot 'em.

Remember it's the newbie's and rec players that are the future of the sport treat them fairly and help them out. Who knows some neewbie you help out today might be the next Dave "YoungBlood". :D