PDA

View Full Version : new rtpro issues (bolt stick/reset, trigger pin)

mikebridge
06-09-2004, 02:39 PM
over the weekend when i was using my new 'mag for the first time, there were a few issues (which could be related, the same thing noticed different ways, etc etc).
1. pull the trigger, fires, then on next pull nothing happens (pin behind trigger doesn't seem to be pushing against trigger)
2. bolt doesn't reset back all the way (stick something in there and a little bit of pressure and very little distance pushed, tiny 'click' and then it can fire again).

mag newbie, so go easy on me.

edit: probably would help if i said what the markers setup was, Xvalve, ULT, ule body, kila v2 detent, intelliframe, 68/45 apoc 750psi input, was tuned to ~295 fps at the field (+/-4fps)

frop
06-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Same thing happened the first time i gassed up my RT custom a few days ago. It appears that when i removed my Xvalve to admire it, i put it back in, only providing enough pressure to allow the field strip screw to grab the threads. Noticed that when i pushed on the reg, it worked, so i took out the field strip screw & put it back in while i was holding the Xvalve in as far as i could. Not even a hiccup out of her for the remaining 2000psi left in the tank.

CaliMagFan
06-09-2004, 11:41 PM
the link in my sig will be of help.... its the field strip screw actually... you need to tighten it with an allen wrench and not just your hands... i know sounds odd... but its true... good luck..

-kyro

Potatoboy
06-09-2004, 11:47 PM
the field strip screw does have to be tightened with a wrench, not super tight, but more than finger tight.

your output pressure is also suspect. Try increasing it to 850ish.