PDA

View Full Version : help, my nirto leaks! (for RobAGD)

Dave
10-11-2001, 01:52 PM
I love my new Automag! Its great! Besides what is mentioned below, I am completely satisfied with my new setup! Thanks Rob!

The Pure Energy 68 3000psi steel tank I got leaks, or the o-ring or something.

This has happened several times and I have only shot the gun twice. I screwed in the tank, shot it, then, a small hiss and a second later a full blown air leak. The first time it happened I was so surprised I didn't know what to do, and lost about 500 psi. Other times I turned the knob to close off the paintballs from the barrel, shot air so it wouldn't be a sudden air stop...this latest time, it happened, and I did that, only I forgot to close off the paintballs, and the first shot landed right through the siding of my house! If the bag I got had 500 paintballs, I have shot about 400, and have about 1400-1500 psi left in the tank, more like 1400.

Is this the o-ring, or the tank itself? I noticed super tiny scratches on the 0-ring, just barely there. Would this create such a bad air leak? The tank was not down in the dirt or anything, and it has to get past threads to seal, so is an o-ring change something you have to do everytime you use your gun?

Next time I stop by pev's, (probably this weekend) I will have to let you look at the tank. I will also probably want to look at a new barrel...I could notice the inconsistency of the used stock barrel. I am looking for something medium size and stainless in color, and doesn't have to have a lot of fancy holes, just accurate. What do you guys have like that?
Also more paintballs!:)

Thanks for all your help, see you soon.

-Dave

Dave
10-11-2001, 01:53 PM
whoops, nitro, not nirto! sorry!

-Dave

ProjectMag
10-11-2001, 02:22 PM
Where's it leaking at? Down the barrel? Where you screw the tank in? Need more details.

Dave
10-11-2001, 04:05 PM
Air was rushing out from the tank connection at the threads, so thats where I think it was.

-Dave

KB420
10-11-2001, 07:25 PM
I just got my RT Pro a week ago and have also had the same problem. What I did was put a few drops of oil in the adapter and a few drops on the threads of the tank. BTW I have the same tank as you. After I did that I didn't have any other problems. Also you might want to put a drop on the barrel o-rings so it will slide better.

RobAGD
10-12-2001, 12:39 AM
It might just be the tank oring. No big deal, bring it by and I'll take a look at it.

You know how that Lifetime labor warentee thing works :)

-Robert

Temo Vryce
10-12-2001, 06:44 AM
I have to agree with everyone saying that it's the O-ring. Replace the O-ring and put a drop of oil or two on it before screwing the bottle in. This should save your O-rings.

Zo
11-19-2001, 09:30 PM
possibly got some dirt or somethin in the fill nipple

FeelTheRT
11-20-2001, 01:45 PM
Dave, screw in the tnank TIGHTLY. They unscrew themselfs sometimes.

Thordic
11-21-2001, 01:24 PM
Crossfire fill nipples leak all the time :) It's a known problem.

Go buy some Loctite 545, empty the tank, take the nipple off the tank AFTER the tank is depressurized, squirt some loctite on the threads, then screw it back down and make sure it is real tight. Let dry for 24 hours, and you should be set. It worked for me.

Zo
11-21-2001, 05:45 PM
another thing that works is if you puit a 2nd o-ring inside the asa

magattack
11-21-2001, 06:53 PM
about the fill nipple. it happens to my crossfire. you have to open the SCUBA tank ALL the way and then close it all the way this should bet rid of your prob.