PDA

View Full Version : Tournament, who vs. who? HELP

Twon
06-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi,

Me and my team wants to organise a tournament. Everything is set, well...I think, except for one thing. Who will be playing against who. Let's say that we plan to have 20 teams of the same level. We will split them in 2 divisions A and B. We want them to play 6 games each in prelim. Then, the first 4 teams in each division will advance in semi. Then the 3 first will advance in final. We need to make sure that in the prelim, every team plays 6 games and need to make sure that we don't put a team vs. another team on deck, that wouldn't work. And lets say that 21 teams are registered, what do we do...

Can someone help me?

Twon

Skoad
06-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Best thing to do is draw it up on paper. Draw out brackets and do some test runs.

Also to avoid getting odd number of teams you can set a limit and a minimum to the tournament. Say you will only run the tourney if at least 14 teams sign up, and there is only max 24 spots to sign up for. If 13 teams are signed up and its 2 days until the tournament you can cancel it, send money back(if you make them prepay).

Blazestorm
06-09-2004, 09:25 PM
If you have an odd number of players, add a Bye... gives the guys a break :D

Prezents
06-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Here is what I made

http://www.lewistown.net/~prezents/roundrobin.html

sharpshooter1286
06-09-2004, 10:02 PM
maybe you could just keep it easy, and do double elimination. that way, every team gets atleast two games and a good chance.