PDA

View Full Version : 2pice barrels

Automaget
06-09-2004, 11:15 PM
I know every one hates these questions but this one is some what out of norm. what is the point of a 2pice barrel if theres no backs to it i dont understand why they say 2 pice barrel. but then theres no backs to change the bore. is like all backs and fronts can take the same threading as the smart parts threading for all barrels becouse i really hate the fronts on smart parts but i love there backs. so is there anyway to fix this dellema?

danheneise
06-09-2004, 11:33 PM
when they say 2 pc, they most likely mean that they start out with 2 parts, sometimes the back being stainless steel, and the front aluminum (boomstick and other similar ones). then they glue them together. the reason for the 2 pieces is if you look into the front of the barrel, right about where the two pieces join, you will most likely see a step. This is called a stepped bore barrel, the back half is the control bore (the part the size of the paintballs) and the front is usually quite large, to let air travel fully around the ball. or so they say...