PDA

View Full Version : Name change? Diffrent things to come?

Iron Mag13
06-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Well iv heard that TK says he is might be changing the mag name and "Lay low" for a while. Is this true? if he is will we still buy the same products or....is he just going to discontiue the products then make newer ones? if he lays low how long? over the summer? a year? I NEED ANSWER! I might be buying from agd but if we lay low for alike the hole year or summer i might just get a shocker or a omen. I know there is a fourm for this but everyone just talks like off topic stuff.

Thanks Iron
Loyal AGD Fan

SlartyBartFast
06-10-2004, 10:31 AM
I NEED ANSWER! I might be buying from agd but if we lay low for alike the hole year or summer i might just get a shocker or a omen.

Uhm, WHY? :tard:

If the current AGD markers meet your needs, then why does it matter? No matter what happens, I doubt you'll have difficulty getting parts/spares for AGD products.

:rolleyes:

Automaget
06-10-2004, 10:43 AM
actually i might be able to answear this qustion, I was reading the a paintball magizine called paintball and i was reading about the automags and i herd they wear going to discontinue the line of them and come out with something in summer or something of 2005 thats what i herd or read so they might lay low but not for long i would still buy a automag

Major Jam
06-10-2004, 10:56 AM
I might be buying from agd but if we lay low for alike the hole year or summer i might just get a shocker or a omen.

Loyal AGD Fan

Sounds like contradictory statements. :) If you're not patient enough to wait on AGD you might have to get something else.

Skoad
06-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Ok here is the scoop. Paintball is in a wierd time right now. We can't make decisions to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop a porduct we might get sued over. Without legal threats we can either make a new electro or a super fast mech. Electro is easier, mech is safer. Its a Y in the road and to play it safe we are currently in "pause mode" where we are sitting at the fork waiting to see what happens.

As you can see from the recent WDP suits that this thing is not over. If you count up who has been sued along with those that signed up to pay royalties, the list of remaining companies is short, VERY short. Obviously we and a few others are on that list. To make matters worse no one is talking to anyone in the industry becasue it opens up more potential legal problems.

Our current strategy is to focus on lowering prices, this everyone likes. When we did that we had a jump in demand that threw us into backorder. We are still cleaning up inventory issues but with the demise of the Automag, Minimag and Flatline those issues are pretty much over. Our current most important job is to get inventory up so no one is waiting for our new lower priced products.

Concerning tournaments, we have not been able to change the minds of tourney players no matter what we did. The "mags suck" attitude would not go away. Well here is our secret plan..... If they think mags suck then we make the "mag" name go away, get it? Dump all the products that say "mag" and then lay low a while. The tournament kids turn over every 6 months to a year so if we evaporate the name and wait a bit, when we come back with a new name, PRESTO we are new gun on the block!

Scenario is getting HUGE and we are the only company seriously sponsoring teams. We have basically all the big names, Bad Karma, Evil Inc., Mayberrry Mauraders, Blitzkrieg and more. We are offering the Tac-One as a made-for-scenario marker which people are excited about. Our next new products will likely be scenario related while we let the tourney scene settle down.

We are continuing discussions with Nicad about his trigger. Since he doesn't have a patent yet this makes the whole thing very tricky. If this works out, we expect to have a super mech trigger system as our next major product.

We are currenly expanding our made to order RTpros to inlcude Nicad bodies, Tac bodies and any other darn thing we sell that fits on it. Everyone seems to like having it their way!

SO to recap, waiting on the legal storm to be over, hiding from the tournament guys, pushing scenario to new heights, cooking the burgers YOUR way and trying to make Nicad happy.

Thats whats going on at,

AGD

AGD
06-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Well if your worrried about big changes you don't have too. We have already made all the changes we are going to make. You probably didn't even notice since you are here asking.

We have discontinued the automag, minimag and flatline. We still have parts for them for quite a while. THe Emag will also be discontinued some time in the future. Thats the long and short of it.

AGD

Muzikman
06-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Don't worry, the RT Pro and TacOne will be around. The laying low is just that, don't do anything new, exciting, or inventive for a while. I don't think anyone except Tom can tell you how long the lay low period will be, but I doubt that at this point he even has an idea.

EDIT: Well...guess Tom has spoken:)

rkjunior303
06-10-2004, 11:56 AM
actually i might be able to answear this qustion, I was reading the a paintball magizine called paintball and i was reading about the automags and i herd they wear going to discontinue the line of them and come out with something in summer or something of 2005 thats what i herd or read so they might lay low but not for long i would still buy a automag

punctuation is your best friend.

oh, and i could've sworn there is a thread about the future of AGD stickied.

Iron Mag13
06-10-2004, 04:28 PM
so when the newer mags come out (or if they are a diffrent name brand) will they be the same? will the parts still fit on the ULE and will u be able to use the ULT? just things like that i was wondering. becase there is no reason for just buying a 700 doller mag then next year something hole new comes out. and are u still able to purches all the parts, ex. ULE ULT INTELL X-VALVE EXT. ?

Thanks Iron

SlartyBartFast
06-10-2004, 04:30 PM
so when the newer mags come out (or if they are a diffrent name brand) will they be the same? will the parts still fit on the ULE and will u be able to use the ULT? just things like that i was wondering. becase there is no reason for just buying a 700 doller mag then next year something hole new comes out. and are u still able to purches all the parts, ex. ULE ULT INTELL X-VALVE EXT. ?

Thanks Iron

Next week something new might come out. That's reality. Buy what you need/want now. Tomorrow it will be cheaper and outdated. Oh well.

But I don't think you have to worry about not getting AGD parts.

Iron Mag13
06-10-2004, 04:41 PM
yea im just like to afriad of them like going out of busnise andim stuck with a 700 doller mag and cant get a part i really need lol. TK PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ tell me if u are going to make some super uber elcectro mag so i can save some mroe!

:dance: Thanks Iron :dance:

Automaget
06-10-2004, 06:24 PM
punctuation is your best friend.

oh, and i could've sworn there is a thread about the future of AGD stickied.

Dude stfu maybe i dont want punctuation as my friend maybe you should have being nice your friend. besides thats beside the point i said what i had to say you dont have to rant on it. I dont see you posting anything great on this thread=\ (PERIOD).

Lohman446
06-10-2004, 06:47 PM
You know, from time to time I think I need a new marker, and then I look at my E-mag

It shoots as fast as I can pull the trigger.
It shoots every time I pull the trigger.
Charge the battery, add air, it shoots.
Adjust speed = easy, no cocking pressure, secondary whatever... easy
Small package
Light
Seldom chops

What more could I ask for, ACE? sure if I wanted it, adn I have been thinking about adding it. The fact is, my e-mag is as fucntional of a marker as I can get rigth now for me - yes I want AGDs new gun, but I only want it because it will be new.

bleachit
06-10-2004, 07:27 PM
yea im just like to afriad of them like going out of busnise andim stuck with a 700 doller mag and cant get a part i really need lol. TK PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ tell me if u are going to make some super uber elcectro mag so i can save some mroe!

:dance: Thanks Iron :dance:

If AGD does come out with a new electro, it will not be until after all the law suits are over and the dust settles. That is what AGD has said several times. And I dont think you need to worry about AGD going out of business.

and that freaking banana is going to be the death of AO.

Halliday
06-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Dude stfu maybe i dont want punctuation as my friend maybe you should have being nice your friend. besides thats beside the point i said what i had to say you dont have to rant on it. I dont see you posting anything great on this thread=\ (PERIOD).
Nice. Seriously, when I see a post with no periods I just skip it. You may have something wonderful, insightful and exciting to say but if I can't physically READ it gets launched into the flotsam and jetsam that is the internet.

On the subject, I think AGD is doing the right thing by sitting it all out, reducing prices and getting inventory out the door. I am a bit worried about getting parts for my now discontinued AGD products (E-Mag, Flatline)

BobTheCow
06-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Automaget, chill, yeesh.

Even though AGD may be "discontinuing" a good number of their products, I'm not concerned at all. If worst comes to worst, AO will become an invaluable source of buying and trading AGD parts and products from player to player for a long time to come. Plus, knowing AGD's rep and history, I'm pretty sure we'll still be able to get parts and things from them for a while. :)

tyrion2323
06-10-2004, 08:19 PM

Welcome to AO. Here at AO, we try to stay away from using abbreviations such as "stfu," "agg," and such. Why? Because they're stupid. Yep, they are. We also refrain from calling people "gay" whenever they disagree with us. This is a friendly, MATURE board for the most part, and we'd like to keep it that way.

If you can't express yourself as an adult, please head on back to the kiddie pool and post over at PBN.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

The Action Figure
06-10-2004, 08:42 PM
^ well put my friend, well put