PDA

View Full Version : on/off valve pops off

Bobsbarricades
06-10-2004, 10:42 AM
hey, I just wanted to know if any of you guys have had your on/off valve continually shoot off of your valve when you take it out. I don't know if thats supposed to happen... i would imagine not. is it harmfull?

AsianMiniMag
06-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Do you have it hooked up to air when you take it out? And yes it is harmful. I did the same thing and it hit me in the forehead. Came out so fast I thought it was a puff of air. That definitly is up there in the dumbest things I have ever done list. I have a nice cut on me head now.

Major Jam
06-10-2004, 10:59 AM
It's not suppose to pop out like that. Degass the marker and fire one or more shots to clear the air in the valve. If your on/off valve pops out after that process then you have a ghost in your marker. :)

CaliMagFan
06-10-2004, 11:35 AM
with RT valves there is sometimes a bit of air that is stored in the gap behind the LX o rings and part of the on/off... i've seen this occurence posted many times on this forum... and although it doesnt happen with my marker, i know that taking the valve out into a shirt or towel that is wrapped around it should eliminate the projectile on/off effect..

-kyro

afultz075
06-10-2004, 11:38 AM
I had this happen after my first game I played with my mag, I just make sure that I shoot all the air out of the valve and it has never happened again.

Bobsbarricades
06-10-2004, 01:07 PM
well, theres definatly not enough air for it to shoot. Its a dead trigger. so its not harmfull for the gun? just makin sure. thanks for the help guys.