PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some pictures

emanjamin
06-10-2004, 03:01 PM
I am looking for Tom Kaye's mag that was built for him. To be a little more specific, it was given to him, it had a thorny drop forward, all polished, custom cut body rail.
I have held this mag in my hands at the 2001 IAO and I remember seening pictures of it when AO still had a picture gallery. Alas I can't find this mag anymore.
Could anybody point me to it??
The last time I saw it was back in 2001 on the forum....I am sure that some old school AOers know what I am talking about....
Thanks,
Emanjamin

Load SM5
06-10-2004, 03:28 PM
The one from Dan of Triggernomics?

http://cpc.wox.org/triggernomics/mag/01lover.jpg

coolcatpete
06-10-2004, 03:48 PM
That is absolulately sweet. ONly if the body and velve were the same.
Pete

06-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Thats pretty sweet, but the body and valve look outta place. :ninja:

JimmyBeam
06-10-2004, 04:57 PM
that rail is sick!!!

Muzikman
06-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Well, that was all done before any of the ULE or Xvavle stuff was around. If Dan was still around, I am sure he could do amazinv stuff with a Slug and raw Xvalve to go along with it.

MarkM
06-10-2004, 05:22 PM
This flows a little better with all the parts.

FreakBaller12
06-10-2004, 05:25 PM
The one from Dan of Triggernomics?

http://cpc.wox.org/triggernomics/mag/01lover.jpg

Did he stop making custom things? If so, why?
If he didn't can i see some more of his cusotm work, it's all pretty sweet.

emanjamin
06-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Last I knew Dan had to go back to Germany to finish his Degree in Metal....something, metaluragy or something like that. Makeing those took an ungodly amount of his time and were extremely expesive. Thus going back to school takes the time away from making more of those. He did have a website, www.triggernomics.com where he did make a bunch of custom triggers, but that site is long gone now.

BTW, I do believe that all that work is SS, not Stainless Steal but, Sterling Silver ;). Somebody please correct me if I am wrong. That is also why they were so exspensive.
One day Dan will be back.

Anybody have more pictures of the mag. I know there are more somewhere. You should really see all the detail upclose. Great work.

SampsonFBC
06-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Last I knew Dan had to go back to Germany to finish his Degree in Metal....something, metaluragy or something like that. Makeing those took an ungodly amount of his time and were extremely expesive. Thus going back to school takes the time away from making more of those. He did have a website, www.triggernomics.com where he did make a bunch of custom triggers, but that site is long gone now.

BTW, I do believe that all that work is SS, not Stainless Steal but, Sterling Silver ;). Somebody please correct me if I am wrong. That is also why they were so exspensive.
One day Dan will be back.

Anybody have more pictures of the mag. I know there are more somewhere. You should really see all the detail upclose. Great work.

Yeah he told me he was also going back to Germany to raise his kids there, I think. Yes the triggers were made of sterling silver but the rail and frame were just VERY well polishe aluminum. Yeah he was awesome, he atcually GAVE me a free trigger before he left.

emanjamin
06-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Dude, I am so jelous of you now... :D

Stealthgerbil
06-10-2004, 06:24 PM
that is an awsome cocker *drool*
I really would want to learn how to mill stuff. I would buy a slug boddy, and mill my own trigger frame and rail. I really want to get a karta body, but those are so expensive. I just like the sleak curves of the karta. AGD should sell special valves that you could mill too.

emanjamin
06-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I really want to learn the mill stuff too...however studying to become a leagel drug dealer doesn't give much time for that ;)
I do believe that Dan did all that with a dremel or something similar....nothing was ever milled if my memory serves me right. Cool huh?

SampsonFBC
06-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Dude, I am so jelous of you now... :D

Yeah, I was like. WHOA! You are going to GIVE me a trigger free of charge, I don't even have to pay shipping?!? Granted it isn't one of his best works but it freakin rocks either way! His triggers were expensive, I think a basic double cost like 100-120 and got up into the 200s I think. I really liked the gem ones, he sent me a blade trigger which is still freakin awesome! Anyway, I'm thinkin of selling my mag, but I don't know if I want to get rid of my triggernomics trigger it has quite a bit of meaning to me and is a rare part of paintball.

emanjamin
06-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Ok, [DO IT]well I just [DO IT]want it to [DO IT]be known that[DO IT] if you do decide[DO IT] to sell it, I [DO IT]want first [DO IT]dibbs, mkay?
:D *Note there is NOT [DO IT] any subliminal messages in this [DO IT!!!!!!!!!!] message.

goat
06-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Here is another, looks like the same thing but the body is crome. Also note the triggers in the lower right hand corner.
http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421515232/0.jpg

RogueFactoryKid
06-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Wow, i didnt know they made more than one of those triggers. A kid around here, i think he lives in Standish, Maine has a Trigger done By Dan, Fang trigger i think its called. Its on a micro mag and looks sweet, ive seen it in person and have shot it in a game it was very nice. I Heard he also made these grips for other guns such as the angel and autococker. Speaking of we have an autococker here also that i think was made by dan, its very similar to the one in this thread already. Ill try to find a pic to post

SampsonFBC
06-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Ok, [DO IT]well I just [DO IT]want it to [DO IT]be known that[DO IT] if you do decide[DO IT] to sell it, I [DO IT]want first [DO IT]dibbs, mkay?
:D *Note there is NOT [DO IT] any subliminal messages in this [DO IT!!!!!!!!!!] message.

Heh good one. My trigger doesn't look as nice as it used to though, I need to polish it up and somehow it got a little bended? Oh well, it's still mine and it's still rare so YAY! Yes I am rubbing it in your face! In a nice way of course.

EDIT: And yes I've decided to sell it.

mark_426
06-10-2004, 09:43 PM
I saw toms blue Deadlywind Emag at MXS Twin Towers, and it had a blue matching freak :(

hows this look? a pair?

-=Squid=-
06-10-2004, 10:11 PM
He made them out of silver and aluminum. The aluminum was obviously cheaper.

He will still make triggers if you can find him. He was to make me an angel trigger not long ago, but I got rid of the angel before we finalized anything.

penguinpunk555
06-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Sexy, just pure sexy. :clap: :cheers:

GT
06-10-2004, 11:06 PM
good gawd incarcerated african americans. what was I SAYING> THAT E_MAG IS AWESOME

WTF????? :wow:

SampsonFBC
06-11-2004, 12:35 AM
He made them out of silver and aluminum. The aluminum was obviously cheaper.

He will still make triggers if you can find him. He was to make me an angel trigger not long ago, but I got rid of the angel before we finalized anything.

I want to say he uses sterling silver and aluminum together in his triggers, but I'm probably wrong, I think he told me something about that one time. Oh well. How long ago was this? I mean I've had my trigger for......wow......umm I want to say 2 years at least and that's the last I've heard of him

emanjamin
06-11-2004, 07:17 AM
Wow, before I started school, I was posting regularly in middle to late 2001...I do believe that is when the coolness happened. I remember seeing the mag at the 2001 IAO (like August) after Dan gave it to Tom. That is when things took off for Dan. Unfourtunately it was a short ordeal. :(

rkjunior303
06-11-2004, 07:51 AM
good gawd incarcerated african americans. what was I SAYING> THAT E_MAG IS AWESOME

WTF????? :wow:

yeah no kidding. I kinda took offence to that.

skife
06-11-2004, 09:14 AM
you can still see the old triggernomics website
here
http://web.archive.org/web/20010807021233/www.triggernomics.com/index.html

rkjunior303
06-11-2004, 09:19 AM
have yall never seen chapells show :tard: Ill go back and change it

WHAT?? WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!

Oookaaay!

cphilip
06-11-2004, 10:11 AM
have yall never seen chapells show :tard: Ill go back and change it

I am glad you changed it. But even still quoting Chapell is not such a wise thing to do here. There is a double standard between self degradation and anyone else repeating it. It would be not funny out of anyone elses mouth. So just don't do it.

ojhspyro89
06-11-2004, 10:12 AM
I saw toms blue Deadlywind Emag at MXS Twin Towers, and it had a blue matching freak :(

hows this look? a pair?

This looks like an emag that someone just beat the crap out of.

skife
06-11-2004, 10:35 AM
I am glad you changed it. But even still quoting Chapell is not such a wise thing to do here. There is a double standard between self degradation and anyone else repeating it. It would be not funny out of anyone elses mouth. So just don't do it.

wich leads me to link to maddox
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=chappelle

The Frymarker
06-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Wow does everyone have Dan on the brain.......hehe, I guess we miss him so.

Actually I am working on a project now that will include Dan trigger that he made for me.

I am sculpting the trigger frame to mimic the trigger.

I'll have to post when I am finished. My hands are a little painful today, I just finished a bunch of sanding on it.

I just hope it does his trigger justice, it is for a micromag.

GT
06-11-2004, 10:48 AM

awsome

Maghog
06-13-2004, 02:36 AM
give me just a little more time... "mad cocker disease" is almost complete
see ya,
Dan

coolcatpete
06-13-2004, 08:12 AM
this is the best graph
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/chappelle_graph2.gif
Pete

SampsonFBC
06-13-2004, 09:11 PM
give me just a little more time... "mad cocker disease" is almost complete
see ya,
Dan

Holy crap dan! It's been awhile (this is Magoo by the way, in case you somehow remember me). Havent seen ya around here much, almost like you dropped off the face of the earth, I hope everythings going good for you.

Maghog
06-14-2004, 03:25 AM
I do recall you Magoo, and it's good to see you're still around as well. I'm doing fine, thanks, still hangin' onto the edge of the face of the earth.

Cool fool!
06-16-2004, 10:46 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OkaY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love that show...
'what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SampsonFBC
06-17-2004, 12:04 PM
I do recall you Magoo, and it's good to see you're still around as well. I'm doing fine, thanks, still hangin' onto the edge of the face of the earth.

Well that's good. Can't wait to see "mad cocker disease", I'm sure it's gonna be a great piece of work.