PDA

View Full Version : Dirt bike Q's and worth..

Snertz
06-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey, I have a couple questions:

How much is a 1995 Honda CR125 Worth? It has some aftermarket performance parts and plastic on it..

What kind of gear etc would I need to maintain and ride the bike?

Anyone from Dutchess county NY know of any riding spots?

Thanks!

mxracer33x
06-10-2004, 06:05 PM
If I was to buy 95 CR125 I would not pay more than $2200 for it, and that would be an immaculate one. Ive raced motocross for years, I do all my own maintenance and motor work, and a 125 is alot of maintenance that alot of people dont do. But for one, your smart at looking into a honda, you cant beat the craftsmanship and reliability.

If your looking for a bike to ride recreationally and ride on tracks sometimes, this would be a good bike to learn on if it fits you well. Maintenence and equipment?, Id say plan on a top end rebuild, piston, wrist pin, needle bearing, rings, gaskets say $125. Thats if you can do the top end on your own. I suggest always using a good 2-stroke lubricant for premixing your fuel, like Honda HP2 or maxima super M or castor 927. There are many, just dont use the stuff you can buy at any gas station or walmart.

For gear, make sure you have a good helmet, and motocross boots as a minimum, then look at pants and jersey next. If your interested and if it would fit you , I have some gear I could help out with.

PM me or hit me up on AIM@ mxracer33x if you have any more questions

Snertz
06-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Sweet, thanks! heres the deal I'm looking at at the moment: My Dynasty shocker and some other things, has to add up to around 1700 worth of gear, since he is looking for around that much in cash for the bike.

The bike has a new top end, so I'm not to worried about that. maintenece wise, it's no problem at all, I can do all of it myself. There is a place (Dutchess Recreational Vehicals) that has everything for dirtbikes, amoung other things like road bikes, boats, and quads, so all my parts and gear will be from there. This place is right next to my house :headbang: and is about the same size as a toys'rus (haha in a way it is one :dance: )

I plan on getting a decent helmet (any recommendations?) and boots from there too, but how much should I expect to spend?

i have trails all around my house that I can ride on, plus I think there are some other place I can go and ride at. I am 5'10" and weigh around 145, so the bike should be a good fit right?

For referance, heres the link to the thread for the bike: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137605

FalconGuy016
06-10-2004, 08:30 PM
I really, really, really wanna get into that. A lot, I cant seem to find a lot of information about it though

rtslave
06-11-2004, 07:39 PM
I been riding and racing for a long, long time. There are alot of questions asked, first I would agree with 33x on price, as far as working on them it's actually pretty easy to do work on them, keep things lubed, air filter clean and watch for normal ware and tare, 33x would prob. agree a maint. curve from a rec. rider to a racer is entirely different, but I think the maint. part of having a bike is part of the fun. As far as gear get the best you can afford essp. with a helmet, boots, elbow guards, knee guards, chest protect., the stuff that covers all that is personal preferance.

helmets: Shoei vfx-r (500), TLD(400), One Industries(300) this is what I run
Boots: For my money I'll buy only one kind, Alpine star Tech 8 (300) worth every penny

I mostly desert race, not to much motocross. Good luck.