PDA

View Full Version : POLL for all you adults out there

Will Wood
06-10-2004, 08:55 PM
Toilet paper. My dad seems to think because I don't care if its on the roll or not, I'm going to lead myself into a misserable life because all the small things in life.
Putting toilet paper on the roll is one of them.

(I'll edit the above part out of course if I get the support I want lol)

Will my life suck because I don't care if the TP is on the roll or not?

temps
06-10-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm going to have to agree with your dad on this one. :headbang: :p

xmetal2001
06-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Huh? Toilet paper not on a roll?

Blennidae
06-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Toilet paper not on a roll is usually marketed as Kleenex, and is used to blow your nose. It can double as TP if the roll runs dry.

Whats most important is that the paper go over the top of the roll. If it goes backward, your life will be miserable and your friends will mock you behind your back, even more than they will if you persist in calling the box of Kleenex the toilet paper.

Will Wood
06-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Eh.. I mean that thingy you put it on. Holder. Whatever.

slateman
06-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Your life will be miserable because you'll be too lazy to acomplish anything. How can you not put it in the holder? Just lazy. Shame on you. :nono:

I seriously get annoyed when people do that. I mean, how hard is it to take five seconds to slip it on?

PyRo
06-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Well at the gas station if i'm forced to take a dump, I will usually open up the toilet paper thing and take the roll off so I can throw some on the seat to avoid sitting on 500 peoples urine without having to bend down and carefully pull it out. Toilet paper and soap holders taht are tamper resistant are incredebly easy to get into. I guess thats what happens when it was part of your job at one point :)

soccer4minimags
06-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Wait a second, is it just like laying around on the floor or something in a heap. If so then you're dads right. How did it get off the roll in the first place (assuming you are not talking about tissues but actual TP)?

You know whats worse, I hate this, this is probably my number one pet peeve. People who go into a stall/bathroom and use that toilet paper as tissue. Oh, thats just horrible. Just think how many people are reaching back and forth between their crack and what you are just about to blow you nose with. Not something that I would ever put near my face.

jwren00
06-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Generally speaking, people who are too lazy to put the new toilet paper roll onto the roller/clean their dishes/take out the trash etc. end up being very unsuccessful. It reflects poorly on your character. And don't even think that someday you'll get better at these things; you'll be a lazy *** for life.

;)

Seriously, get your *** in gear. I hate people like that.

MadChild
06-11-2004, 01:59 AM
toilet paper not on a roll is called ****stained haha so use the toilet paper on the roll

Gambit1106
06-11-2004, 03:16 AM
So what are you going to do one day when you are dropping the kids off at the pool and there is no paper to use? Same thing everyone else does curse :cuss: the last person to use it up. Don't be a bum replace the roll and you will get a happy dance from your dad :dance:

Timmee
06-11-2004, 09:35 AM
So what are you going to do one day when you are dropping the kids off at the pool and there is no paper to use? Same thing everyone else does curse :cuss: the last person to use it up. Don't be a bum replace the roll and you will get a happy dance from your dad :dance:

TP roulette can bring hours of fun, though. :D

BTW, for those that don't know, TP roulette is when you use all but the last few sheets, and leave it for the next person to discover (hopefully, while they're about halfway done). This trick only works if the roll of TP is NOT hanging in the holder.

Mindflux
06-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Wait a second, is it just like laying around on the floor or something in a heap. If so then you're dads right. How did it get off the roll in the first place (assuming you are not talking about tissues but actual TP)?

You know whats worse, I hate this, this is probably my number one pet peeve. People who go into a stall/bathroom and use that toilet paper as tissue. Oh, thats just horrible. Just think how many people are reaching back and forth between their crack and what you are just about to blow you nose with. Not something that I would ever put near my face.

:rolleyes:

You dispose of the TP you touched, thus the TP left on the roll is clean(er).

Regardless your point is irrelivent. You're still touching the TP to your body, even if you use it for your "intended" purpose, even if someone else used it before you. So by your theory, you are wiping their crack'juice' on your crack.

Hasty8
06-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Me thinks that you father is a tad too anal.

Wheelman
06-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Hey I hang the paper and take out the trash and all that stuff but I am still unsucsessful what gives? :cuss: You are who you are and anyone who knows you will tell you that the way you hang the toilet paper is not to blame for the way you are :wow: j/k

brianlojeck
06-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Well, reportedly I'm on the Short Bus anyway, so take this for what it's worth, but I despise those toilet-paper-hanging things. They are always in the wrong place, and sometimes very difficult to reach and extract from properly.

I say let is be free.

SIGSays
06-11-2004, 01:28 PM
so since the tp isn';t on the rolly thing on th e wall... your dad flips? alot of parents are like that... not the same issue.. but pretty close. i have to say who cares?

kscullin
06-11-2004, 01:41 PM
The point your dad (and others on here) is that it's not about the toilet paper - that's just a symptom. It's about being considerate of the next person; thinking about people other than yourself (the laziness issue does play in as well). If he can get you into considerate and less lazy habits, yes, you will become a happier person because people will find you more enjoyable to be around.

A trick I learned in the Navy (in case you need to know - it could save your life): If you find yourself at the end of your business and there's only 1 sheet of TP left, here's what you do. You take that last sheet, fold it in half, and tear out a small hole - save the piece you tore out, it's critical. Put your index finger through the hole and wipe your butt with your finger. Wipe off your finger with the paper around it, then use the small piece to clean out from under your fingernail.

As you can see, my dad failed. Don't be like me.