PDA

View Full Version : I Need To Vent!!!!!

Sk8ermog
06-11-2004, 12:00 AM
ok I've been watching an ebay auction all day and I missed it by like 5 minutes cause I was fixing my mag and forgot what time it ended. Anyways check out what I missed:

RT MAG (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3681710829&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

For only $142.50!!!! I mean there should be laws against mags going for so low on ebay or anywhere else without me knowing about it. Someone please tell me why I'm not ment to have that gun for that price. Why??????????????

Z-man
06-11-2004, 12:07 AM
sheesh how did the rest of AO miss that one!?

Halliday
06-11-2004, 12:48 AM
A Benchy rail on it too.

Stealthgerbil
06-11-2004, 07:21 AM
It sounds like its in crapy condition. But, for $142, thats not bad for just the valve, so you missed out pretty badly.

Altimas
06-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Wow thats crazy since I sold my Classic Mag with an Intelliframe for 300$... :headbang:

cphilip
06-11-2004, 10:06 AM
This is why there are many bid snipe programs out there. Check into them. Some are free for like the first 30 days or so.

SCpoloRicker
06-11-2004, 12:04 PM
cphillip, or others

I'm guessing that a "bid snipe" program automatically submits a bid right before a (user-specified??) auction closes?

Does it have max amounts, like the eBay system?

More details, ?Por favor?

RKR

penguinpunk555
06-11-2004, 12:09 PM
That sucks.

Good luck next time.

Danman69
06-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Bid snipe has become almost useless now that ebay has that new max bid feature where it bids up to your maximum bid for you.

personman
06-11-2004, 12:55 PM
www.jbidwatcher.com

Completely free and awesome!

Prezents
06-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Ebay has a cool little toolbar, it runs in the back ground and 10 minutes before the auction ends you get a nice little pop up letting you know what is going on with the auction. so if you are by your puter :sleeping: you still can hear it.

Sk8ermog
06-11-2004, 04:27 PM
why didn't anyone tell me about all this yesterday??? I mean I had the auction opend and everything, but I was watching Simpsons and just lost track of time. I normally just set my Cell phone alarm for about 10 minutes before the auction close. If I'm away from the house then I call a friend to bid for me. I had a system, but I got too confident in my being able to remember when the auction ended that I missed it by 5 minutes. Oh well God must have a reason and purpose for me not scoring this amazing deal. I think it might have been a good thing anyways cause I only had like $100 in my paypal account. I needed that extra classic valve he was adding too... :cry:

oh well life goes on.

That does remind me. What do you guys think of starting a Ebay forum like on mcarterbrown.com? They only do rare or funny auctions, but I was thinking that it would be great to have an AO thread where people can post there mags or really great deals for mags and other gear. I don't know.. just a thought. On the other hand I don't want everyone seeing my really nice deals I'm biding. on. hmmm.... maybe it's not a good idea after all.

HJSTOM2
06-11-2004, 06:08 PM
I've lost many auctions at the last second for sometimes just .25...thats ebay, I may try the snipe program though

:cheers:

coolcatpete
06-11-2004, 06:37 PM
I dont know his feedback was only 53%.
Pete

rx2
06-11-2004, 07:35 PM
I just sold a speaker on Ebay for 2500 dollars (gotta love vintage audiophiles). With only six seconds left, the bid was still only at 1800 dollars. The auction jumped 700 dollars in the last five seconds. I sold another speaker for 1400 dollars. It jumped from 900 dollars, in only the last five seconds. The moral of the story? Timing is everything (don't bid too early), and BID WHAT YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY! With proxy bidding, you bid automatically up to your high bid. That way, if you loose, it is because the price went higher than you would have paid anyway, and not because you were being absent minded. Of course, sniping programs can still be helpful, as the later you put in a max bid, the less likely someone will have time to outdo you.

Thermus
06-11-2004, 07:41 PM
I dont know his feedback was only 53%.
Pete

His feedback is 100%, with 53 positives.

Halliday
06-11-2004, 07:45 PM
I find that the proxy bidding on ebay is tainted. What always seems to happen to me for example is I put in my max bid of say $20. Someone will come along, bid up to my amount, find out where my limit is, retract their bid, then come back at the last 15 seconds and bid.

I love the sniper programs. I put in what I'm willing to spend for the item and it does the work. 95% I get the item :headbang:

rx2
06-11-2004, 07:55 PM
That is definately one area where the proxy bid can be a bad thing. I take ample liberty in nullifying bids from people who have a lot of retractions. Another thing I sort of dislike about the proxy bid is that I have had times where someone's max bid is just dollars below my reserve, yet I would never know it, as the proxy bidding only puts in a bid that just exceedes the previous by the standard increment. Of course, I knew this was the case as the bidders in a couple of such auctions later contacted my and explained what happened.

Anyhow, that is one reason that last second bidding is key, if you don't use a program. That way, no one will have a chance to outbid, retract, and bid again.

Sk8ermog
06-12-2004, 03:08 AM
come on guys you are preaching to the choir. I'm the guy that wrote the artical in May's issue of APG called "Buying and Selling on Ebay." I've been doing this for awhile and I'm just bummbed out that I missed that auction by so little when only like 4 people where bidding on it. I just wanted to hear some "you'll get them next time," or "don't worry about it, now you have money for the next great deal to come your way." Talk about ebay buying and stuff on another thread. I just wanted to vent and so I have. Thanks.

l33t sniper
06-12-2004, 04:26 AM
you need a hug man because I'm here for you

Sk8ermog
06-12-2004, 05:45 AM
SEE!!!! the NOOB gets it! I am just crying out to my fellow AO members and it turns into a discussion about snipe bidding. I just wanted a nice pat on the back or maybe a hug... as long as it's not too long or anything.... you know how girls have there ice-cream and sappy chick flicks to help them get over a guy. Well AO is kind of like that for me. Anyone else feel that way or am I all alone again? :(

gorymonkey2
06-12-2004, 08:36 AM
the same thing happened to me with an Angel Ir3 C&C full gear, tank and everything for $500!!!