PDA

View Full Version : IMPULSE questions

SPECIAL_K_06
06-11-2004, 12:33 PM
I was wondering if the AVI impulse would be a good gun for tourneys? I was wondering how much better it would be if i dropped in a WAS board? And my final question is would my ricochet ak be able to keep up with the gun? heres the link

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-8046-2.html#

Dante's Inferno
06-11-2004, 12:52 PM
I was wondering if the AVI impulse would be a good gun for tourneys? I was wondering how much better it would be if i dropped in a WAS board? And my final question is would my ricochet ak be able to keep up with the gun? heres the link

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-8046-2.html#

Yes, Impulses make good tourney guns. Get ECS, it's better. And that all depends on how fast you shoot. I had an Eggy Z on mine.

SPECIAL_K_06
06-11-2004, 01:05 PM
ECS? whats that?

Dante's Inferno
06-11-2004, 01:17 PM
ECS? whats that?

ECS is Enhanced Cricket Software. It upgrades the cricket boards to in the area of 30 bps, non-vision or vision, and gives it a larger range of settings, such as debounce is adjusted by smaller intervals and other various extras. Go to IOG (Impulse Owners Group) and ask for Hobo28. He will program the board for $5-10 and ship it back to you very quickly.

bunkermaster10
06-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Modded up vision board I think... The AVI impulse isn't the best bang for the buck when it comes to impulses. Look at the rats at ratguns.com or e-paintballoutlet.com. WAS is pretty nice to have but not needed. I wouldn't really get a impulse though if I was you. Save some cash up and get a nice new shocker if you wanna stick w/ SP. Your Rico will do fine but a nice egg or halo would be a lot nicer.

bunkermaster10
06-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Also I though ECS might be illegal to have in tourny ball right... :confused:

Dante's Inferno
06-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Also I though ECS might be illegal to have in tourny ball right... :confused:

The original versions were because of full auto and burst modes. The new ones have Semi-only.

68magOwner
06-11-2004, 01:38 PM
its like WAS in that you can set to be legal or illegal, all depends on the user, i would also suggest looking at getting a rat, the AVI looks like its just a stock imp with milling, also WAS is better than ECS because it has better eyes (not that the SP eyes dont work, i can run my imp on gravity feed) also, without vision, no, the ricochet wouldnt keep up, with vision, you could use it, but i wouldnt suggest it, i have used gravity, ricochets, revvys, eggs, an apache, and a halo, the only one i couldnt consistently max out was the halo, but if you want to get a faster loader without alot of cash, i would reccomend the apache over the egg, lighter, faster, cheaper, better quality and customer service, and better profile

Dante's Inferno
06-11-2004, 01:48 PM
its like WAS in that you can set to be legal or illegal, all depends on the user, i would also suggest looking at getting a rat, the AVI looks like its just a stock imp with milling, also WAS is better than ECS because it has better eyes (not that the SP eyes dont work, i can run my imp on gravity feed) also, without vision, no, the ricochet wouldnt keep up, with vision, you could use it, but i wouldnt suggest it, i have used gravity, ricochets, revvys, eggs, an apache, and a halo, the only one i couldnt consistently max out was the halo, but if you want to get a faster loader without alot of cash, i would reccomend the apache over the egg, lighter, faster, cheaper, better quality and customer service, and better profile

The AVI (from the pic), has an LPR, a Tapeworm, Possibly a Teardrop barrel, new bolt pin, Blade trigger, sticky grip, and anno/milling, of course.

LeatherPants
06-11-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm selling a Adrenalin Impulse if you are interested. It has NDz internals and LPR plus full matching freak kit. The color is Dust Black with vertical Max Flo.

PM me if you are interested. $700 you pay shipping.

desslock
06-11-2004, 02:27 PM
ECS will not work on newer imp boards, if there is a white sticker on the board near where the noid plugs in ecs no workie. I have ecs on my imp and it works like a charm, has de bounce settings rof, eye adjustment. eg board from was $130 converting ur vision board to ecs $15 parts from radio shack to make the cable or buy one online for $25 ohh yeah the download from ecs is free.

68magOwner
06-11-2004, 02:31 PM
The AVI (from the pic), has an LPR, a Tapeworm, Possibly a Teardrop barrel, new bolt pin, Blade trigger, sticky grip, and anno/milling, of course.

theres no LPR on that, tapeworm,yea, but not a big deal, teardrop barrel is stock on all imps, blade trigger-$20, they all have stickies, i think a stock vision is a better deal than that, but that adrenaline a few posts up is a good deal

penguinpunk555
06-11-2004, 02:35 PM
look into Rat Jr. much better IMO. That's what I would probly get.

www.e-paintballoutlet.com

Dante's Inferno
06-11-2004, 03:03 PM
theres no LPR on that, tapeworm,yea, but not a big deal, teardrop barrel is stock on all imps, blade trigger-$20, they all have stickies, i think a stock vision is a better deal than that, but that adrenaline a few posts up is a good deal

Ah, thought it was a Python-style LPR. BTW, NOT all Imps have Teardrops, not all imps have sticky grips, and not all Imps come with blades or tapeworms.

If you can buy the Adrenaline, BUY IT!

Load SM5
06-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Keep in mind you can also get a new bushmaster with an anti-chop eye (PDS) for the same price. I tend to like ICDs quality a little better and you should'nt have any chopping issues. Add a chaos chip and fast hopper and you're flying.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-3034-5.html

LeatherPants
06-11-2004, 03:36 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1476015#post1476015