PDA

View Full Version : Sp ripping off yet another idea

bornl33t
06-11-2004, 06:11 PM
http://www.pballcanada.com/news.html

the pepsi bottle down the page. I was doing that in 1999 and 2000 AND I got it from a 1997 issue of APG.

According the the article the shocker is a revolutionary design... only problem is it's been around since the matrix. So it's not THAT revolutionary. Bunch a smiling cock bites.

FlameboyC11
06-11-2004, 07:28 PM
I think you're a little behind in the times. First off, that page is a little over a year old. Second, SP isn't selling the pepsi bottle cover, they are selling the things on the end of the tank. The pepsi bottle logo is just there to show that they are clear in the middle. Also, the shocker is a brand new idea. It's a single tube design using a valve in a way never used before. I'd call that revolutionary. I don't like SP, but slandering them for no reason is stupid.

Butterfingers
06-11-2004, 07:57 PM
I think you're a little behind in the times. First off, that page is a little over a year old. Second, SP isn't selling the pepsi bottle cover, they are selling the things on the end of the tank. The pepsi bottle logo is just there to show that they are clear in the middle. Also, the shocker is a brand new idea. It's a single tube design using a valve in a way never used before. I'd call that revolutionary. I don't like SP, but slandering them for no reason is stupid.

The shocker and the matrix use the same operating design.... a spool valve. Its nothing special they copied it from dye. They even managed to screw it up and make a bolt that leaks down the barrel and wastes air at the end of the stroke

FlameboyC11
06-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Didn't copy, licenced it. It is different since it is a single tube design.

Butterfingers
06-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Didn't copy, licenced it. It is different since it is a single tube design.

Nope...

The matrix is a single tube with lots of extra metal.

Only dye did it right notice how the air supply closes before firing.... Still isnt original.

http://www.paintcheck.com/guns/matrix/matrix_animation.gif

The DM4 also includes an LPR so that the solnoids actually run at its designed pressures.

I could go on and on about how SP screwed up a copied design that they "liscenced" but that would take all day.

FalconGuy016
06-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Alright, they are allowed to use a certain design for their paintball gun. Thats like saying chevy copied ford for the inline 6 design

bornl33t
06-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Alright, they are allowed to use a certain design for their paintball gun. Thats like saying chevy copied ford for the inline 6 design

well ford WAS first...so in theory everyone that make a combustion engine is copy'ing Ford.

And that is exactly why I hate SP. Does anyone seriously believe they invented the "electro pneumatic gun"? And if so... it's a common element to paintball. That's like Henry ford saying well I'm going to changed my patent now re-instating the patent in it's entirety putting GM, the import market, john deere, Craftsman, snapper, .. EVERYONE out of buisness. NOW do you see why we hate SP? Greedy two timing bastards. They are just jealous their penises are so small.

Ultimator
06-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Warning for flaming - cphilip. I really hope you don't think SP saw your tank and copied it from you.

1stdeadeye
06-12-2004, 10:13 AM
well ford WAS first...so in theory everyone that make a combustion engine is copy'ing Ford.

And that is exactly why I hate SP. Does anyone seriously believe they invented the "electro pneumatic gun"? And if so... it's a common element to paintball. That's like Henry ford saying well I'm going to changed my patent now re-instating the patent in it's entirety putting GM, the import market, john deere, Craftsman, snapper, .. EVERYONE out of buisness. NOW do you see why we hate SP? Greedy two timing bastards. They are just jealous their penises are so small.

Uhm nice argument, but wrong facts. Ford did not invent the Internal Combustion Engine. He did invent Charcoal though! Ford was the father of industrial mass production lines. ;)

Gadget
06-12-2004, 10:19 AM

Erm, Ford was by no means the first person to produce either a) an internal combustion engine, or b) a car.

Just thought I'd point that out.....now back to the SP hating :)

EDIT: ooh scooped by 1stDeadeye while typing :)

bleachit
06-12-2004, 10:28 AM
wasn't the spool valve first used in the Nova line of markers? Making the matrix and shocker based on "old" technology? I understand that the nova's do not operate the same way as the shocker or matrix, as the nova did not have a bolt, but still, spool valves in paintball have been around for a while.

WenULiVeUdiE
06-13-2004, 09:54 PM
The internal combustion engine was invented by Nikolaus Otto in the 1870's. Mr. Ford just revolutionized how we made cars, the assembly line.

About the Nova and spool valve, I'd also like to know.

bornl33t
06-14-2004, 04:42 AM
btw that's is exactly what I was getting at... ford didn't make the combustion engine and SP didn't make the electro guns.

MarkM
06-14-2004, 12:30 PM
http://www.pballcanada.com/news.html

the pepsi bottle down the page. I was doing that in 1999 and 2000 AND I got it from a 1997 issue of APG.

According the the article the shocker is a revolutionary design... only problem is it's been around since the matrix. So it's not THAT revolutionary. Bunch a smiling cock bites.

The bottle cover thing is a little old in so far as news is concerned however the product is NOT Smart Parts they are just the distributors for it, the item itself was shown at the World Cup in October 2002 by the makers and obviously Smart Parts cut a deal to become exclusive distributors, nothing wrong with that.

dwab3000
06-14-2004, 04:25 PM
The internal combustion engine was invented by Nikolaus Otto in the 1870's. Mr. Ford just revolutionized how we made cars, the assembly line.

im not gonna say im right but i beliebve you are mistaken....gotfried datmier or something like that dont remember....

MarkM
06-14-2004, 06:18 PM
im not gonna say im right but i beliebve you are mistaken....gotfried datmier or something like that dont remember....

No he is right. Invented in 1876

http://ia.essortment.com/nikolausaugust_rcoe.htm

Though technically the patent was revoked (1886) in favour of Aphonse Beau de Rochas who had already designed the principle but not built a four stroke engine previously in 1862

You are thinking about Gottlieb Daimler who combined a chassis and engine...1885 and had previously used Nikolaus Otto's engine for the first motorcycle and then went further by using the same engine to build a car.

http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aacarsgasa.htm

Nice little time line on that link, interesting that the first "automobile" was invented by the French!

Konigballer
06-15-2004, 02:38 AM
interesting yes Mark, and yet so painfully galling that the Frogs had anything to do with the invention of modern transportation. :cry: