PDA

View Full Version : impulse or bko?

slade
06-11-2004, 07:52 PM
my friend is planning on getting a gun over the summer, and has been thinking about an impulse for a long time and recently looked at bkos. he couldnt decide between the two, so i offered to post this here, as i prefer to trust the reviews of AO over the reviews of pbreview (the reviews are usually either 10, buy this now, or 2, this is crap). he has about $425 saved up, so that will buy him either an impulse or a bko with some upgrades. if you have used either of them, which option do you think is better? what upgrades are recomended with either gun? are there any problems with either gun?

thanks.

penguinpunk555
06-11-2004, 09:08 PM
I personaly would go with a BKO over a stock Impulse. If you go www.shootpaint.com and guy it from there you can get it with a special mod called the SP (solinoid pressure mod) already installed. So it bounces of misfed paint. A stock impulse SUCKS. If he can find a tricked Impulse go with that but if you want a brand new one go to www.shootpaint.com.

www.icd-owners.com if you want further information why to get a BKO over stock impulse. Some might give same answer as me. They are not very biased.

JimmyBeam
06-11-2004, 09:09 PM
im probly wrong, but dont impulses come with a maxflo and a freak?

GT
06-11-2004, 09:23 PM
they come with a flow.

I will be playing with my BKO this weekend. I will write alittle review when I get back.

jb

The Action Figure
06-11-2004, 09:25 PM
buy a bn 2k3 bushy for 450

personman
06-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Yeah I would take a 2k3 bushy over an impulse ANY day. That would be my choice if I were you.

gorymonkey2
06-11-2004, 09:43 PM
i've shot many of both brands of gun and can tell you flat out not to get the BKO, the wiring and board are really crappy and are most likely going to short out early on. If you still want to get a Bushy, get a B2K, the wiring in these is much better, and the guns are better overall.

the impulse is a great gun, if you don't get eyes on it i would highly recommend getting a new bolt, the OTB Blind bolt is much like the level ten making chops a thing of the past and you can pick it up for like $30. The best website to look at for impys and their accesories would be www.e-paintballoutlet.com, that site has the best deals. Once you get that upgrade you will be ripping!!

Thus said i would definatly go with the Impulse, although a B2k would be fine as well but don't go for the BKO, trust me, my friend got one brand new and is already having shorting out problems.

Annihilator44
06-11-2004, 10:01 PM
get a BKO...stock triggers on impulse suck *** you cant even walk them, or adjust them, BKO the way to go :p

notcreative
06-11-2004, 10:53 PM
the impulse is a fine gun that if taken care of will perform admirably the only upgrade needed is a blade trigger and if you want you can make the gun into a high level impuse relativly easily (not cheaply, trust me I know) If i'm not mistaken bko parts are not compatible with those of the regular bushmaster could be wrong please correct me if incorect

:) rockin the old skool

Annihilator44
06-11-2004, 11:13 PM
the impulse is a fine gun that if taken care of will perform admirably the only upgrade needed is a blade trigger and if you want you can make the gun into a high level impuse relativly easily (not cheaply, trust me I know) If i'm not mistaken bko parts are not compatible with those of the regular bushmaster could be wrong please correct me if incorect

:) rockin the old skool

You are incorrect...almost all bushmaster parts are compatable w/ BKO and vise versa, ex. all the Vapor upgrades.

slade
06-12-2004, 08:21 AM
i've shot many of both brands of gun and can tell you flat out not to get the BKO, the wiring and board are really crappy and are most likely going to short out early on. If you still want to get a Bushy, get a B2K, the wiring in these is much better, and the guns are better overall.

thanks for the advice. about the wiring issues... what year was that? could it be fixed by a new board (if so whats recomended?) or by someone who knows how to solder?

gorymonkey2
06-12-2004, 08:30 AM
all of the BKO's have had wiring issues, the B2K's don't, your best option would be to put one of the B2L boards on the BKO, if you do that, you should be fine.

punkncat
06-12-2004, 09:28 AM
I would also suggest the B2K_ over an Impulse. Leave the BKO alone , its cheap , made to be cheap , and always will be cheap regardless of what you do to it. True bushys (B2's) can be upgraded to be very nice , super fast and light. I would suggest replacing the regs on the B2 right away , other than that , theres just not a lot needed , especially with the new ones.(getting a barrel is a given)
I see lots of people having trouble with Impys , but there again a lot of noobs go and get them , start fiddling with and have no idea what they are doing.

Not to mention the fact that by buying an Impy you directly support SP. At least with the Bushy , most of the money goes to ICD.( I guess they still own themselves....?)

dark assasin
06-12-2004, 09:29 AM
My friend bought a BKO and it blowed major ***. he sent it back to the store who then said they couldn't fix it so then he sent it to the factory where he waited 1 month before he got it back. Then he noticed they put some sort of low pressure system on or something and he thought "ok this will be good" but after his 3 ball it wouldn't fire. now he is saving for a Shocker or an upgraded impulse. GO WITH THE :cuss: IMPULSE!!!