PDA

View Full Version : Why paintball needs to stop drinking hatoraide!

1stdeadeye
06-11-2004, 10:10 PM
There have been two very rough threads posted and deleted today.

People on both sides got into it.

Rec Ball and Paintball are the two faces of the coin known as paintball! I really hope people can see this!

When Speedballer trashes rec baller he only hurts us all and visa versa.

Like Rodney King said," Can't we all just get along?"

GoatBoy
06-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Pie.

:dance:

RenagadeOfFunk
06-11-2004, 10:14 PM
..."it takes one to know one"...

...i like both...
"Paintball is paintball, If you play with wood or blow ups its all good" - ME :headbang: :cheers:

ramennoodles
06-11-2004, 10:16 PM
dude, paintball is paintball, i'm happy as long as i get to play.

1stdeadeye
06-11-2004, 10:18 PM

...i like both...
"Paintball is paintball, If you play with would or blow ups its all good" - ME :headbang: :cheers:

:confused:

Would you or would you what? :confused:

Target Practice
06-11-2004, 10:19 PM

I thought Rodney King said "Ow! Ahhhh! Crap, that hurts! For the love of--- Gahhhh!!"

But yeah, it's kinda like fishing. Some people flyfish, other do the deep-sea thing, others do the sit-and-drink-while-you-pretend-to-fish thing. To each his own.

1stdeadeye
06-11-2004, 10:22 PM
I thought Rodney King said "Ow! Ahhhh! Crap, that hurts! For the love of--- Gahhhh!!"

No that was Reginald Denny! :wow:

coolcatpete
06-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Sure I like speedball more but hell I will play woods anytime, paintball is paintball I have fun when I get to play no matter what it is.
Pete

RenagadeOfFunk
06-11-2004, 10:24 PM
:confused:

Would you or would you what? :confused:

...oh sorry...i can't type right...i am busy doing 4 thngs at once...

*edit i corrected my previous post...

1stdeadeye
06-11-2004, 10:26 PM

...i like both...
"Paintball is paintball, If you play with wood or blow ups its all good" - ME :headbang: :cheers:

Okay gotcha now that makes more sense! :clap:

Albinonewt
06-11-2004, 10:28 PM
why aren't video games up there?

Fred
06-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Paintball Is Fun!

shartley
06-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey! I got in a load of tires and some more pallets today for my field! I already added 4 new tire walls and will do the pallets this weekend. And I have another load of tires and stuff coming in tomorrow…. And as many more loads as I want!

See, it doesn’t hurt to introduce yourself to local businesses and ask if they have anything they don’t need and you can use. Heck, in this case after a nice conversation I got to look over everything they had at ANOTHER location and they offered to load it up in THEIR trucks and deliver it to me….. all for FREE.

How about THAT for paintball? And they didn’t even look at me like I had three eyes or anything. They may even come play some time… even though none of them had ever played before. But they thought it would be fun. And isn’t that what it is all about?
:clap:

Albinonewt
06-11-2004, 10:33 PM
When are we have SHAOD

(Shatley's House Automags Online Day)

Hell, even the Acronym is cool.

ilikePB
06-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Anybody that thinks one style of play is real paintball over another style is stupid. In both you shoot paintballs at each other with a paintball gun. Although I prefer airball, I still enjoy woods from time to time, especially 24hr games.

smilestyler
06-11-2004, 10:38 PM
There were a lot of things posted in those threads that would explain why mature people leave AO. I hope you're not trying to add to that.
...But, more people on AO, it would seem, play speedball, but I think rec ball is much bigger in the real world. For example; I was at a large scenario game, an there were a lot of tourny players there. what blew my mind was that a tippman with folding stocks, bipods,etc. created more attention than my SFL emag. Those guys will likely never see another one again, and a 'belly button gun'(*)worth half as much seemed more immpressive. :confused:

*Belly button gun"= so named because everybody's got one

LawnGnome7
06-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Pie.

:dance:

what he said! :dance:

usmc8892
06-11-2004, 10:44 PM
man, i sure do like apple pie w/ a scoop ofvanilla ice cream!

deathstalker
06-11-2004, 10:52 PM
I myself differentiate between two different types of paintball: rec and tournament.

Recball (to me) INCLUDES woodsball, speedball, hyperball, airball, etc. Tournament ball is formal, structured, competitve paintball. I don't think one is inherently better than the other because they both have positive effects on the game/sport/hobby.

Recball is what brings the money into the industry. It's the reason why we have SO many choices when it comes to gear, fields, paint, and play styles. I get the same adrenalline rush when I'm behind a bunker crossing on a hyperball field as I do when I play on a couple hundred acres and might have to be "stealthy" and not even fire a single ball in a half hour.

Tournament ball can help us introduce paintball to the masses. It's what is on TV, helps dispel myths, and break down misconceptions and stereotypes about the game and the players. What, you mean everyone doesn't wear camo and crawl through the undergrowth? OMG!

I think anyone who feels the need to dog someone who enjoys a different game needs to get whacked with a maturity stick. Hard. Multiple times. Until they cry like the little girls they are.

06-12-2004, 12:34 AM
I like pie...

ryanshep
06-12-2004, 12:48 AM
I like pie...

I...too like pie.... :dance: :dance: :dance:

GT
06-12-2004, 01:08 AM
dam tehy deleted it? I had a very sigable qoute in there.... o'well

Head knight of Ni
06-12-2004, 02:25 AM
pie :tard: PIE... pie everybody loves pie.

:dance: especially banana. :ninja: even ninjas eat pie. And pirates :argh: you know if thats more your thing.

EAT :cuss: pie :headbang: :ninja:

Tyger
06-12-2004, 02:56 AM

Obviously not.

-Tyger

Carbon
06-12-2004, 04:07 AM
i like how the poll results basically says "i love paintball"

1stdeadeye
06-12-2004, 05:57 AM
I think anyone who feels the need to dog someone who enjoys a different game needs to get whacked with a maturity stick. Hard. Multiple times. Until they cry like the little girls they are.

Best quote I have seen so far on this whole topic!!!!! :hail:

What tools voted for Speedball and Woodsball seperately?

Don't you all see that this thread is about the fact that they are two parts of THE SAME THING!!!! :confused:

So when is SHAOD?

By the way Sam on a serious note, use more pallets and less tires if you can. Used tires are technichally hazardous waste. :(

1stdeadeye
06-12-2004, 05:58 AM
Obviously not.

-Tyger

Look at the poll results! I think that means we can! Maybe some hardcore people on both sides at local fields won't, but here on AO it seems we can! :clap:

tyrion2323
06-12-2004, 06:10 AM
As I said in Tyger's thread (I must have missed some of the rougher threads!):

Paintball is a multifaceted sport. There are quite a few different ways to play, and if you discount one or the other, you're simply a fool. It's like hockey: There's ice hockey, roller hockey, etc. etc.

Peace,

Jacob

Beemer
06-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Did you miss the big picture. I dont think Tyger does, at least not from his posts.

Nice trick question. Theres way more then 2 pieces.

Anyway anytime anywhere with any gear.

Did ya all miss this one

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=139653