PDA

View Full Version : Wgp = Sp (?)

06-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Read.

http://www.flagpull.com/comment.php?335

Discuss.

I hope AGD never does anythign like that, i have the greatest respect for them.

teufelhunden
06-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Someone said it somewhere else... maybe Blacksheep on PBR.

Everybody wants paintball to get huge and Olympics and on TV... but they don't want what comes with the territory. These are big business tactics, and like it or not, your push to make paintball bigtime and mainstream has brought these business tactics about.

Go ahead and call WGP Nazis, and boycott them, it'll hurt them as much as it's hurting SP [releasing plenty of new products, can't fill their orders fast enough..]

NoFearPaintballer
06-12-2004, 12:26 AM
well said.... o well companies are doing this..... they have to in a way to maintain money and if people dont like it dont play. easy as that

06-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Wow I had a good laugh...

WGP does not own any patents to the autococking system at all. Ask Glenn Palmer.

But the Autococker name... now that's different.

Head knight of Ni
06-12-2004, 01:55 AM
This happens all the time in bussiness one company decides they'll take that nice offer. then the know parent company makes the smaller do things that the old owner fiercely hates. Just ask my uncle he owned Amber Electric(local company) then sold it for a few million. He regrets his decision quite often.

ProX9
06-12-2004, 02:38 AM
Someone said it somewhere else... maybe Blacksheep on PBR.

Everybody wants paintball to get huge and Olympics and on TV... but they don't want what comes with the territory. These are big business tactics, and like it or not, your push to make paintball bigtime and mainstream has brought these business tactics about.

Go ahead and call WGP Nazis, and boycott them, it'll hurt them as much as it's hurting SP [releasing plenty of new products, can't fill their orders fast enough..]

Nothing is forcing these multi million dollar companies wipe out small companies, its pure greed not because of "we" who want paintball to become a mainstream sport. Anyways I think wgp is on the path to becoming synonomous with sp.

teufelhunden
06-12-2004, 11:55 AM
You're right, nobody is holding a gun to WGP and saying SUE SUE SUE!

WGP's bottom line is telling them to sue. They see these smaller companies building the same type of gun that they are, with lower tolerances, crappy parts, and no advertising, therefore cheaper. Hell, half of the reason noobs think 'Cockers suck and are high maintenance is because of the garbage companies like SysX and Dragun put out.

WGP is a business, and like any business, it is not a charity. It is a profit based organization.

1stdeadeye
06-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Then go after the crap companies. I wonder if Glenn Palmer is going to sue WGP now? :spit_take

cockermongol
06-12-2004, 12:07 PM
WGP is suing on a much smaller scale - and they are suing for infringement on the only gun they manufacture. SP is suing long-standing electro manufacturers with patent-infringment on a much larger scale.

ProX9
06-12-2004, 12:12 PM
if wgp is being affected by cheap companies like sys x and dragun then why dont they sue them? why are they suing companies that make high quality products that in no way diminish wgp' rep? last time i checked agd is a profit organization and they dont sue companies.

cockermongol
06-12-2004, 12:13 PM
if wgp is being affected by cheap companies like sys x and dragun then why dont they sue them? why are they suing companies that make high quality products that in no way diminish wgp' rep? last time i checked agd is a profit organization and they dont sue companies.
last time i checked there were no automag clones

teufelhunden
06-12-2004, 12:30 PM
^ Exactly. The only people I can think of who made 'Mags/'Mag parts was SP and ANS, and they both stopped a while ago.

Hell, on top of that I bet the Shockers are helping 'Mag sales. People see 'Mags and think they work like Shockers and omg, they're only like $400!

People are stupid.

06-12-2004, 04:17 PM
For now, I'm anti K2.

tyrion2323
06-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Well, actually there have been a few AGD clones, but I'm not getting into that.

The fact of the matter is that K2 got into Paintball not to improve it but simply to make money. In order to do that they've decided to (instead of actually improving their products) wipe out anyone who poses a threat. If K2 truly cared about the quality of the product, they'd be looking to take out Dragun and SysX due to their inferior QC. But those companies make bank and K2 is too chicken**** to actually try something against them. That's why they're hitting the small guys.

Just like Smart Parts.

Don't fool yourselves into believing that this has anything to do with K2 or Bud Orr's concern for the customer. They don't give a crap about you. They only care about money.