PDA

View Full Version : Profiler ?

1stdeadeye
06-12-2004, 12:00 PM
I just picked up a new profiler and love the light weight of it.

Is there a trick to removing the lens or do you just struggle with it each time? :confused:

louie
06-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Gets easier over time.What I do is I push down on the mask part with one hand and pull the clip with the other hand, lets you get your thumb under the clip easier.

jayloo
06-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Ill be gettin a red profiler in a week or so.

Got_Paint
06-12-2004, 04:12 PM
I just got one, the best thing I've found to do, (I couldn't take it out the first time) is remove the head strap and take a metal rod or screwdriver and push the little squares out. Over time it does get easier. I wish they kept it the same as the shields though, NOW THAT WAS EASY.

madmatt151
06-12-2004, 04:19 PM
How were the Shields? I have been looking to buy a profiler, but I always thought the shields and morphs fit better over my glasses. How did they feel over time though? Thanks,

Smokee_2_7
06-12-2004, 04:34 PM
no, there's a real easy trick to taking out profiler lenses.
Hold the mask on its side, with the lense facing you, and one of the clips facing up.

Now, with one hand, push down on the mask right behind the clip. (meaning the side of the clip that's opposite the lens.) take the thumbnail of the other hand and put it in the small space between the lense and the clip. gently push the clip away from your body- - i.e away from the lense.

Pushing down on the mask portion helps the clip slid out of the groove in the rubber where it sits.

It took me a coupl tries before i had it all figure out, but now i can pop the lenses out and replace them in just a couple seconds. If someone can host the file, i'll shoot a short video showing how its done.

Carl