PDA

View Full Version : I got placed on a new team today YAY

dwab3000
06-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Yay.....i have been a freind with the owner of strategy plus and the shop supply depot.....i get a good discount cause i spend BIG bucks over there

well today i was helping him take down the hyperball and spool feilds and throw some airball stuff up...i was talking with him...and he brought it up....

he knows how long i have played...and how well i play....

i play back (sry front players)...and i just left my old team....we were having problems....it wasnt just one person either....

i thought i would play rec-ball for a little bit, till i got back into tourny ball...

now i ref there....and they were a my old teams sponsor (yes no e an o)

so i played the small village with that team...i just slid right in...was perfect....we beat another team that was hanging around (with sp markers :clap: )i was using his angel (the feild owners) and it makes me want a fly....

i have been happy all day...even though i pulled my hamstring and had to go home...im happy :bounce: :bounce: ....and i want to get out and play GEEZ :cuss:

anyone ever pull this...if so...what should i do...other than hot baths

RtDaNiMaL
06-12-2004, 06:26 PM
ya, pulling ur hammy sucks. it might sound crazy, but if you get up and walk it will eventually loosen back up. The reason it hurts so bad is because the muscle tightened up. you must have tried to run to a bunker or something and taken to large of a step, either that or you were in the snake, and you had ur legs curled, and it tightened up. either way it sucks. Also you can keep it out straight for a while (a minute or so) then put ice foa minute, and repeat. this happens to me a lot. good luck, and congrats on the team!!!

Dan Carson

dwab3000
06-13-2004, 12:28 PM
well im going to the sports clinic....yeah...i talked to him...signed a few things (just about sponsorship) and i also volunteered to coach our young guns team....

gonna be sweet :dance: :dance:

tony3
06-13-2004, 12:58 PM
I've pulled my hamstring 4 or so times. Hurts like nuts everytime I do it. I stretch before everything and even went to a personal trainer for a few months. I've done it sliding into a bunker, stretching for a ball when I was playing 1st base(twice), and once when I tripped down the stairs :( I just walked on it and iced it and it was fine.

TDonovan
06-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Things that helped me get through pain during track season...

1- Asprin (1 before practices, 2 before a meet)
2- Stretching (warm up by running around a half mile before a day of very strenuous play, then stretch)
-Each stretch should last about 25-30 seconds long and then do that again. A third rep CAN be repeated if you feel it's needed.
3- Ice (20-25 min of constant icing after a workout or stretch in your case)

That oughta help you out