PDA

View Full Version : Tourney

B.A.M.
06-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Me and my team our going to do our first tourney and can ne1 give us advice or tips to help us get rdy and stuff like that. thx

Skoad
06-12-2004, 08:28 PM
shoot people and don't forget your paint.

B.A.M.
06-12-2004, 08:33 PM
thx

jayloo
06-12-2004, 08:47 PM
1. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO U TINKER/UPGRADE UR GUN 1 WEEK PRIOR TO TOURNEY. Don't do it!!!

2. If you can get a pod monkey do it. I user my GF's 12 year old son to fill all my pods.
3. Check ur teammates person and gear (especially the packs) before a game for look-a-like hits.
4. FIll your tank after every match. It is easy to forget to get fills.
5. If possible have a full spare setup. (gun, hopper and air system.
6. Make sure all team members know what station to hang the flag on. Yes I hung it on the wring one my first tourney. I got too excited. :D

7. Have fun ... it's a game!

That's what comes to mind for now.

eg0_Slayer
06-12-2004, 09:03 PM
don't party the night before.
remember your wallet(i forgot mine, my first tourney)
don't make stupid mistakes, every point counts
definitely know where to hang the flag.
be sure to know how many people are on the field, at all times..or at least try

I think that's it
oh yeah....communicate, communicate, communicate!
and HAVE FUN! :dance: :clap:

rkjunior303
06-12-2004, 09:15 PM
move quick, trust your instincts (once your adrenaline gets going you'll be on autopilot), and have LOTS OF FUN! First place or Last place, know you did your best!

tony3
06-12-2004, 09:37 PM
EVERY POINT COUNTS. I see so many teams miss semis by 10 points, if they kept theirs heads in the game they could of got those points.

For your first tourney, don't play aggressive, sit back and let the other team make mistakes, my team did this our first few tournies when we were learning the ropes.

Have fun! Tournies are insanely fun, whatever you do, don't lose your temper, just makes things not fun. Once a ref makes a call its over.

JimmyBeam
06-12-2004, 09:53 PM
it was said before, but just have fun. its your first tourny. dont get all nervous, there will be plenty more tournys to come.....unless of course you guys totally embarrass yourselves and screw up. but hey no pressure!

penguinpunk555
06-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Walk the fields see all the angles. Lay paint. Communicate. Relax. Ask for tips form good teams...

HAVE FUN! :cheers:

athomas
06-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Walk the fields.
In each bunker look out each side, high and low to see where the dead spots are.
Watch how other teams play each bunker and learn from them.
Communicate.
Don't be intimidated by shots hitting your bunker. If they are always hitting the bunker, then they can't hit you.
Don't be afraid to move.
For a first tourny, be defensive rather than offensive.
Have fun.
Be friendly.
Enjoy the atmosphere.

B.A.M.
06-13-2004, 12:46 PM
kool thx guys i hop my team will do good and yes we do have a pod munkey

dwab3000
06-13-2004, 12:59 PM
do quick practices...

front players run forward and check behind every bunker....

back players practice walking their trigger...and accuracy

practice eyesights...like they do at school w/ the chart

communicate.......very well...a team with out communication is nothing...

dont tinker with things you do not know how do fix quickly, or dojnt know at all...especially dont do this before a game

Dont get cocky, every player is just as important as another

mostly practice...

doo stuff like snap shoot...make sure you can stay compact

and oh yeah..check the feild (if you havent already) study it...

and DONT TRIP (doesnt help your chances of staying in)

and oh yeah win or lose DANCE :dance:

B.A.M.
06-13-2004, 04:09 PM
kool we'll have to practice a dance routine to :dance:

The Action Figure
06-13-2004, 05:11 PM
My first tourney was a complete dissaster scoring only 3 points due to the other team shoting thier own player. Be preped for the worst. Also do yall have matching jerseys

B.A.M.
06-13-2004, 08:11 PM
were working on get some evil jerseys.

tony3
06-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Dont bother with jerseys imo, may seem cool at the time, its just wasted money you could buy with paint IMO.

The Action Figure
06-13-2004, 09:41 PM
this late in the game buy paint and get jerseys next time

dwab3000
06-13-2004, 09:51 PM
practice against yourselves...

also check for back ups

dont worry about jerseys...not yet

everyone should eat food that will fill their hunger, not make them too full, and is healthy..

and yes do every practice you can do...including one for communication

you shouldnt do the worst....and remember...wheter you are a ninja :ninja: or a pirate :argh: or a vegetable :tard:

you should DANCE

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

bunkermaster10
06-14-2004, 08:10 AM
Bring as many markers and hoppers as you can. Don't stop shooting ;) :shooting:

B.A.M.
06-14-2004, 01:43 PM
k. thx

Raven001
06-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Bring lots of fluids, your own toilet paper, some quick energy food (trail mix or power bars)cash, water bottle to clean your visor, paper to wipe it off.....

Try to see what is happening on either side of your bunker, don't get tunnel vision, stay cool and have fun....

B.A.M.
06-14-2004, 04:28 PM
sweet me and my team also picked a logo and ill try to post it.

bunkermaster10
06-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Heres a check list my team uses:

Mask
jersey
pants
Gloves
Socks
Shoes
CUP
Gun
hopper
barrel
tank
Pack
pods
pads
Barel condom
tools( make sure you bring all your spare equip. And have all the tools you will need to fix any part on your gun)
Lube
Electrical tape
Squege/swabs
batteries( put in all new batteries in your gun and hopper and have plenty of spares for bolth)
Paper Towels
Spray bottle
Towels/rags
Extra barrel(stock one)

B.A.M.
06-14-2004, 08:54 PM
hey just wondering do paintball pants and knee pads really matter cuz there kinda expencive

Blazestorm
06-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Nah, they help but aren't required.

All you need is a gun and a mask to play paintball.

I've seen guys go out in shorts and t-shirts and win tournies against kids weilding matching C4 clothes that and DM4's.

Looking good is nothing... ofcourse I have to look good because I'm such a good player already :ninja:

B.A.M.
06-15-2004, 05:35 AM
ya i think those c4 pants are outragesly overpriced id rather if anything get a pair of evil pants

magman109
06-15-2004, 06:47 PM
get a good nights sleep
make sure to get there early
spend LOTS of time walking the field(s)
have somewhat of a rough game plan for each field, but dont under any circumstances feel obligated to follow it exactly.
AT LEAST, know where every one of your players is, if not all of the other teams players, because if you dont know where your own team is, you could be in bad shape
know how many of your, and the other team's, players are in the dead box

B.A.M.
06-15-2004, 08:41 PM
ya we discussed our stratigy and it was to be flexible and to adapt to the changing situation but if it will work i cant say