PDA

View Full Version : what would u guys recommend for a woodsball marker

tranzformer
06-13-2004, 01:51 AM
just want to hear some opinions of your experiences and what you have heard. spyder?? piranha or a tippmann. any other models i should consider

Blazestorm
06-13-2004, 01:57 AM
tippman... or a mag if you got the cash...

Both will last forever, and always work :D

tranzformer
06-13-2004, 02:03 AM
how would the two of those hold up if i wanted to try a little speedball once in awhile??

The Spanish Inquisition
06-13-2004, 02:04 AM
definatly consider a mag. any lvl 10 mag would probably be better than a spyder.

edit: if you get a mag with a RT valve you will have no problems on speedball courses, in fact you'll most likely get respect.

tranzformer
06-13-2004, 02:22 AM
definatly consider a mag. any lvl 10 mag would probably be better than a spyder.

edit: if you get a mag with a RT valve you will have no problems on speedball courses, in fact you'll most likely get respect.

this is going to be my first gun, so i dont want to spend too much on a gun, around 200 or so. arent mags really expensive??

The Spanish Inquisition
06-13-2004, 02:31 AM
I picked up my first mag used for about $225. That was at least 7 years ago. I think I got a mask and a tank with it too. So, if you really wanted one, im sure you could find one. However don't let anyone tell you spyders are bad guns, they're not. It's just that mags are a little more durable than spyders.

HoustonDM
06-13-2004, 02:37 AM
you could get a 03 WGP cocker for about 200.. i got mine for 220 with a WGP blacak magic barrel. and that gun is made for tournys and i use mine in woods. it is a awesome gun.

tranzformer
06-13-2004, 02:38 AM
mags are made by AGD right??

HoustonDM
06-13-2004, 02:39 AM
yes mags are made by AGD

shartley
06-13-2004, 06:05 AM
I think there is a big misconception about what makes a good “woodsball” marker. Unlike what would make a good tournament marker, all you really need is a reliable and non-flashy marker for woodsball. Heck, the flashy part is even optional.

The best way to determine what maker is best for any given use (IMHO) is by asking some simple questions first….

What is your budget?

How often do you plan on playing?

Do you have a fixed air need (such as that you HAVE to have HPA or CO2)?

How fast do you want to shoot (and be realistic about it)?

Do you like fancy colors or do you like subdued ones?

Do you want an electric frame or a manual one?

Do you want to “upgrade” or “customize” the marker at a later date?

Then with all those answers you can get a better idea what marker would fit your needs.

I have seen EVERY type of marker used for “woodsball”, and used effectively.

1stdeadeye
06-13-2004, 06:17 AM
Hit Ebay up and look for an old R/T with level 10.

It is reliable, fast and reliable! :headbang:

It is a gun at home in the woods and on the speedball field!

Plus as you get more $ you can upgrade it. Add a ULE or Tac One body, etc....

Plus did I say it was reliable? :hail:

jayloo
06-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Get a tac-one. Sturdy rock solid marker made to give & take abuse no matter where u play.

judster
06-13-2004, 10:14 AM
i second the tac-one.....its the marker AGD is gearing towards rec and scenario...and its only a little more then you want to spend and its pretty much got all the upgrades you will ever need. you get a kick butt looking gun, that will hold its own durring play, and hey...its a mag

Cryer
06-13-2004, 10:52 AM
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/379.jpg (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=379&categoryID=81)

The Spanish Inquisition
06-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Wow you guys are realy trying to break the bank here. I guess you missed the 200 dollar price range. I guess For 200 bucks you could get a tac-one body and just show it to people. but you wouldn't have a gun, just an expenceive block of alluminum.

I still suggest you look for a used mini-mag or a classic (RT if you can find one) . The upgrade path on them is great (you can resell/trade-in most of the original parts) and I think you could find one in your price range.

Note: the level 10 upgrade on these is pretty important (it keeps the valve from chopping balls) if you buy a non lvl 10 upgrade. Lvl 10 should be your first investment.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
06-13-2004, 01:37 PM
used mag all stock could run under 140, then I would get a cheap nitro tank and you are good to go.

And if nitro is available an X-chamber and anti-siphon will due the trick

ej_y4
06-13-2004, 02:31 PM
used mag all stock could run under 140, then I would get a cheap nitro tank and you are good to go.

And if nitro is available an X-chamber and anti-siphon will due the trick
i second that

tony3
06-13-2004, 04:51 PM
I'd get an electro spyder, 12v revolution hopper(motorized), a 48/3000 psi steel nitro tank, and a vforce shield mask.

Look at www.pbgear.com for all of this

barrel break
06-13-2004, 05:58 PM
heck a Tippmann 98 custom is all you need, find a used one with a new barrel (used is the same as new for a tippmann)

using antisiphoned co2 on my friends 98 (no x chamber) i was getting chrono readings of 250, 252, 249, 247

OysterBoy
06-13-2004, 06:41 PM
This:

http://www.fearless-sports.com/lmt/Tippman_Alias_Sniper_Rifle.gif

haha, couldnt help myself, sorry. :spit_take

ilikePB
06-13-2004, 08:26 PM
I would go for an electro Piranha. They are pretty quick and reliable. I think it would fit the bill for both woods and speedball. Plus, you can get them pretty cheap.

Target Practice
06-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Well, it's not quite the speedball marker, but if you learned to use a Phantom effectively, you could own on a woods field. Hey, there ain't many feelings better then taking out a Shocker with a pump...you would be like :clap: and :headbang: while you :dance:. You could be like a :ninja: with it, instead of being all :shooting: with an electro, and wasting paint. People would be saying "All :hail: the mighty marksman!", while the Shocker dude :cuss:. Then you could tell about you're story over :cheers:.

Anyway, thats just my two cents.

PaintballSmurf13
06-13-2004, 08:36 PM
an autococker or a nice pump maybe. I am going to get a pump so I need to think more and use more strategy ect. so yeah, just a suggestion...
-Ryan :headbang:

minimag03
06-13-2004, 10:26 PM
This:

http://www.fearless-sports.com/lmt/Tippman_Alias_Sniper_Rifle.gif

haha, couldnt help myself, sorry. :spit_take

Wastes like that me me cry :cry: .

I agree with ilikePB. An electro piranha would be the best. They are better than Spyders (i have owned both). They also rip with a boss trigger from rjskateworks.com (http://rjskateworks.com).

This is the best deal on one, and with al the money you saved you can get nitro :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47251&item=3683108184&rd=1

Enemy
06-14-2004, 01:18 AM
the e piranhas are great but i cant spell it for the life of me.. anyways 98s work great but you will most likely be a little out gunned in speedball but not to the point were you coudlnt handle it with work..i generally shy away from e spyders cuz their triggers have alot of slop while the pirahnas arent bad at all heck the first run of them were adjustable and the same switch as in an omen... if you feel that you can save up enough for a tac one and a nitro tank than that would be the way to go you would never chop.. never be out gunned.. and you have places to mount flash lights and other cool stuff that can be of use in woodsball and scenario games!!! cockers would ok but with how cheap rts have gotten they are where its at!!

JrnyFan1985
06-14-2004, 03:44 AM
get a 98 custom all the way. With a custom, you don't have to worry about ANYTHING screwing up any part of that marker. Unlike an e-piranha or whatever, you could submerge the Tippmann in water (don't know why you would though), and it'd fire every time. just go w/ the tippmann.

TheTramp
06-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Considering your price range (which is resonable for a first gun) I agree with the others here who have suggester a Tippman M98. If you deside you've got a little more cash then a Tippman A-5 would be another good choise.

Of course if you suddenly win the lottery then by all means snap up a Tac-One. They have all the performance of an RT-Pro with the cools looks of a woods ball/senario gun.

ilikePB
06-14-2004, 04:36 PM
I don't agree with a tippman for speedball, it's way to slow. They are awesome for woods but crap for speedball. my .02