PDA

View Full Version : anno questions

durtysoufcraka
06-13-2004, 12:54 PM
i was wondering how annodizing works. how do they strip the color how do they then add color. this is for personal curiousity as well as for my other question, can you anno your barrel. is there anything in the anno process that would hurt the inside precisionhoning of the barrel? just my questions. OH, also X-valves can you anno those yourself? would you just remove everything from the inside of the X-valve and just send the anno company the shell, or am i completely wrong. how do you anno an X-valve yoursel fit its possible?
-durty

WetPaint
06-13-2004, 12:58 PM
i was wondering how annodizing works. how do they strip the color how do they then add color. this is for personal curiousity as well as for my other question, can you anno your barrel. is there anything in the anno process that would hurt the inside precisionhoning of the barrel? just my questions. OH, also X-valves can you anno those yourself? would you just remove everything from the inside of the X-valve and just send the anno company the shell, or am i completely wrong. how do you anno an X-valve yoursel fit its possible?
-durty

Here's an excellent article: http://www.docsmachine.com/tech/anod.html

durtysoufcraka
06-13-2004, 10:38 PM
ohk i read, thank you for that. but i was still wondering if anyone has had their freak tip or x-valve annod away from the factory. and if it worked. thank you
-durty

JrnyFan1985
06-13-2004, 10:51 PM
isn't annodizing just like electrifying color to your metal? I don't see how that would hurt any part of the gun whatsoever. You should be able to anno every single part of your gun? cuz, AGD does it on everyone of their x-valves (they anno them black) , so why can't another outside party do another color?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-13-2004, 11:14 PM
anodizing does very VERY small changes. the change on your freak barrels would be about .0002, or .002 ...somewhere around there.

Bad_Dog
06-14-2004, 12:01 AM
and if you anno your mag or any of its parts it voids the AGD warrenty due to tolerances and stuff

durtysoufcraka
06-14-2004, 09:52 AM
but with the freak and other barrels...arent they micro honed because .002 is a lot, or at least makes a difference? hasnt anyone noticed this if they've anno'd their barrels?...then to what im looking for. i wanted to have a sweet black to yellow face on my emag...but the X-valve cant be the end of the fade (in yellow) because aparently i cant anno that or at least i could beg and pay AGD to anno it yellow but then my body and frame wouldnt match...WTF how can i get a sweet fade???
-durty

Load SM5
06-14-2004, 09:58 AM
The barrel would'nt matter because you are'nt annoing the control bore (in this case, inserts). Any other part of the barrel you can anno without a problem.

durtysoufcraka
06-16-2004, 05:40 PM
and then the valve/body/frame/rail/batt...can i anno those w/o voiding warranties...are there AGD certified anno'ers who dont void warranties when they anno the valves and bodies and rails and frames and battery packs. i want a sweet fade. thanx for help
-durty

Blazestorm
06-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Not the valve, the others should be fine.

The problem with annoing a pre-annoed valve is the tolerances are so fine, if they were off slightly you could have an un-fixable leak, your warranty would be void and they wouldn't tech it.

Since there is not tech required for everything else, it's fine.