PDA

View Full Version : Help with new tank choice (reactivity needed)

The Spanish Inquisition
06-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Right now I have a nitroduck mega-reg screw in reg and a nitroduck 45/45 (i love this tank) and im in the market for a secondary (big) tank. With the nitroduck tank I have I am able to get some very nice rapid fire bursts that I can sustain for about 3-4 seconds. (nothing like the videos Z-man has posted though)

I really like this reg and I'm not in the mood to spend the cash on a smart parts system which will force me to purchase 2 tanks instead of one.

my question is:

1. how important is the TANK as far a flow goes. That is, can I get an increase in reactivity by getting another tank or is the bottleneck the nitroduck reg?

2. What screw in tank would you suggest ?

the setup:
x-valved minimag
y-frame
nitroduck 45/45
nitroduck megareg set at 850psi. will go up to 1000psi.
halo-b

edit: oh yeah. I just got a cliam back from UPS for losing my old tank so I will be getting about $160 this week. I'm willing to spend a little more if I can increase the reactivity.

Dayspring
06-13-2004, 08:43 PM
The bottle itself has nothing to do with it. Your restriction is the regulator.

Crossfire or Centerflag.

But if you want increased reactivity, go adjustable. That's your only option.

gorymonkey2
06-13-2004, 08:52 PM
since the megareg and the x-stream are adjustable, there's nothing more you can do, i have the x-stream 68/45 and have put it at 900 psi output and my gun rips INSANE!!! You shouldn't need to go much higher than that, to answer another of your questions, the Nitroduck tanks have EXCELLENT flow better than most tanks. If i were you i would just stick with the tanks you have, they are REALLY GOOD. Don't waste your money on a Maxflo, the megareg in my opinion is better.

in simple terms, just stick with what you got.

Ronin Baller
06-13-2004, 10:37 PM
I've had great luck with my Air Americas.
The Apoc regs are tied with a limited few, and second to none for recharge rate.
My ULE X-valve now does what Z-man's does in the video, and it is running on a '96 model year Apoc 114/3000. I'm going to upgrade to an 88/45 bottle after a while, but keep the awesome reg.
Like Dayspring says, it's all in your reg when it comes to flow / recharge rates - not the tank.

Snowball
06-13-2004, 11:11 PM
i use a max-flo...if you watch zak vetters videos it shoots just like that now that it is broken in more... :dance:

Cool fool!
06-14-2004, 08:42 AM
where can i buy adustable regs other than the max-flo. (I dont really care for SMART FARTS) :D

Dayspring
06-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Very often you can't. The only place I ever saw it done was by Air America and Centerflag.

PissedGodzilla
06-14-2004, 09:43 AM
I would figure all company's that make adj. regs would sell them as a part as well as on their tanks, simply for repair reasons. To be honest, though I've never seen them for sale... one of those wierd things...

Spleen
06-14-2004, 03:38 PM
i got a 90/45 mega reg adjustable on my mag... 1100psi is some fun stuff :)

Z-man
06-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Again don't forget what I explained on the main page. If you have an adjustable tank and you are running at 900psi and don't get much bounce... guess what? You might need to raise the pressure EVEN more. Not all regs are created equal and what works for one will NOT cut it for another.

No bounce at 950psi? Guess what you need to do....

DK1
06-14-2004, 10:41 PM
I had better luck with an Armageddon than the Maxflow I had. The geddon gave a lot more reactivity at the same PSI... or even quite a bit less.

If you truly want to tune your reactivity, you can always order some custom on/off pins from Tuna. Get them in .05" increments, a stock one, a .05" shorter than stock, and a .10" shorter than stock. The shorter the on/off pin, the more reactive the trigger will be.

I have put 1k out of the arm into the shortest on/off pin'd valve... and it was a lot of fun. Not legal, but a heck of a lot of fun.

DK1

The Spanish Inquisition
06-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Cool, thanks guys. you once again answered my questions.

I think I'm going to play for a couple more weeks with this reg and just set it wide open, then if I'm still not happy I'll look for some other means of increasing bounce. The custom on/off pins sounds fun. I'll probably look into that.

Thanks all.