PDA

View Full Version : Short Stroke King?

Voloo
06-13-2004, 06:30 PM
I wiped out my new automag i got and just about every round I had to unscrew the tank because I short stroked it or something to that effect... Even inbetween rounds when the saftey was on and I just didnt shoot it for like 10-15 minutes I would just not shoot...sometimes all i had to do was unscrew the tank a bit and it would start working again but most of the time i had to take my nitro off completly... I am new to mags so I was just wondering... Am I the short stroke King? or is something wrong I dont see?

Here is my gun:

http://www.hunt101.com/img/168505.bmp

Specs:
RTP X-Valve with ULT
V2 Chord body
Wingless Roguerail
Rogue ULE grip
Y-Frame
Dual Kila detents
Alumagrip 45 panels
A+ No-Rise clamping feedneck
CP Razor drop
DYE UL
Equation Switch with three inserts
Ano from XPB

personman
06-13-2004, 06:35 PM
With ULT it is pretty easy to short stroke. But it should reset the bolt most of the time. Try adding a shim or two in the LX and see if that works.
BTW, thats a very nice mag. http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Major Jam
06-13-2004, 11:16 PM
This happened to me one time. This is what I did. Disclaimer: It may not be your problem. :)

If you have to unscrew your tank, then you're screwing in the on on/off knob too far on your drop forward. The pin is in so far the oring on it is cutting off the air flow.

Screw the on/off on your drop all they way in then back it out a quarter turn. Or adjust it until you can dry fire 100 shots with no problems.

JrnyFan1985
06-14-2004, 12:42 AM
yeah def a sick gun, and if you short stroke your mag, you will get your bolt stuck. just one of the things that happens with mags. I would just follow the previous dudes instructions and just gas up and practce w/ it. Not that hard once you get it, but you gotta get it.

ZapTheMad
06-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Try loosening and tightening your field strip screw with an allen key while working the trigger. My Mag is very picky about using just the right torque. To tight, or to loose and it won't fire. It sounds like the same symptoms.

Voloo
06-14-2004, 10:12 AM
thankx alot guys... Ill try all your stuff when I get home...