PDA

View Full Version : How to transport markers??

tolley
06-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Okay, I'm gettin to the point where I take three or more markers to the field. How do you guys store and carry your markers and equipment? Does anybody know of a good, large pistol case or something that will carry assembled paintball markers. I'd like not to have to remove the hopper , barrel, and air tank everytime I'd like to move them. But for most cases and bags I've seen I'd have too. Most rifle/shotgun cases are too slim to accomadate the tank or hopper, although they look like they could carry two or three markers with barrels.

JrnyFan1985
06-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Nexed Paintball like Suitcase thing works pretty well for me. The padded gun case is definitely large enough to fit a fully assembled marker. However, it does have lots of room for your other essential items such as tools among other things. Hope that helps. Their website doesn't have a picture. sorry.

Automaggot68
06-15-2004, 05:16 PM
RedZ Makes some damned big gear bags, and A friend of mine sues the Rat's pac. it'll hold two Assembled amrkerd, but not three.

ZapTheMad
06-15-2004, 05:24 PM
I wrap my guns in old pillow cases and keep them in a big storage tub with my other gear.

Automaggot68
06-15-2004, 05:28 PM
That is possibly the greatest idea i've heard in a long time. i am stealing it.

Albinonewt
06-15-2004, 07:19 PM
ugh, i hate going to paintball. I love playing i just hate going.

I bring to the field, on a normal day, a Dye Navigator, Nexed Blue Fusion Bag, JT SUV backpack, and a tool box i could hide your body in. Also, for big games i usually bring a milk crate or two of pods.

AGDlover
06-15-2004, 07:37 PM
i got 1gun simple as that i carry my baby

TDonovan
06-15-2004, 07:45 PM
I have a big luggage bag with lots of pockets.

I have my stock class gear in one pocket, hoppers in one, spare parts/tools in another, and then I put my tanks and guns in the main compartment with a bunch of clothes. The clothes keep them from rubbing up and damaging eachother.

Rather
06-15-2004, 08:03 PM
I have a sort of hybrid duffel bag, captain's bag. Has a strap to wear over a shoulder or if the ground is smooth enough i pull out the other handle and roll it along. Can hold plenty of stuff and has an oversized front pocket for misc things that i might have almsot forgotten or tools so i dont have to dig through the rest of the bag. I was able to fit 2 markers, 2 masks, 2 tanks (16 stub and 45/45, not big but still fit), and other small misc things. Subtract a mask or tank and i bet i could have fit another gun in there. The thing only cost me 5 bucks too since it was in clearance. :cool:

But since i sold one of the guns and other stuff for it. I just carry mine in a zip up bag. its kind of a sinch close bag and zips up to about walled size. has a small outside pocket for my 1 allen key that fits all but the grip screws (no need to get into there anyways so why carry that one) and a small tube of gun lube. If i need anything else it just gets shoved in a pod and kept on my 3+2 pack and I keep that with everything else..Gun, pod pack, and a mask is all I lug around. :)

louie
06-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Has anyone tried the big Ratco bag?http://www.ratco-gear.com/RATCO6000.htm
Between my brother and I, we have 3 guns 3 tanks, 3 hoppers and a ton of various other things to bring when we go play. I'm mainly looking at the Ratco because people love their smaller gear bag and it has backpack straps. I think its pretty annoying carrying a heavy duffel bag with only 1 shoulder strap. It says its not recommended for carrying markers but we wrap our markers in whatever when we put them in the bag. If anyone has it, can you post up pics of what the inside of the bag looks like? The website doesn't have a picture of the internals of the bag.

Gambit1106
06-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Pelican cases. http://www.pelicanproducts.us/cataspx6.html

GT
06-15-2004, 08:57 PM
Ive got a redz gear bag. Fits 3 full rigs, 3 pod pack, mask, chair, and there is still room for a change of close...

tribalman
06-15-2004, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=ZapTheMad]I wrap my guns in old pillow cases and keep them in a big storage tub with my other gear.[QUOTE]

that's what i do, i got a 5 foot long tub that i can hold all my stuff. one problem, it's really long and really heavy with all the gear and tools. if you can, put wheels or get something with wheels if ur holding gear and tools in the same container

azzkikr
06-16-2004, 09:04 AM
i have a huge pelican case, and will recomend it to everyone. its superthough, water proof. it is just overall superior to any paintball bag out there. they are pricy, but last time i checked i had WELL over 10 thousand dollars in PB gear. so a couple of hundreds to protect them isn't bad.

later AZZKIKR :mad:

LudavicoSoldier
06-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Pelican cases are really nice, though pretty beefy. I personally use an AGD gun case, fits my 2 mags w/o hoppers but w/tanks and barrels. Duffle bag for the rest of the schtuff.

Big_Mac
06-16-2004, 09:52 AM
I use two methods...one is a two part wheel-about tool box. The bottom half is large enough to store 3-4 markers, the top box holds two air tanks. Each half also has a tool tray for various pieces/parts/tools.

the other is my black plastic wal-mart foot locker...just a big, lockable box..that I put in-line scooter wheels on (on an axle) and a handle on the other end. The foot locker cost under $20 and the wheels I got at one of those dollar stores. There's enough room for multiple markers, tanks, pack, mask...everything.

GT
06-16-2004, 12:49 PM
WELL over 10 thousand dollars in PB gear. :

in one bag? Must be a pretty big case...