PDA

View Full Version : Gotta buy a lvl 10

Deathshadow9k
06-14-2004, 03:57 AM
aight heres the deal, i wanna buy a lvl 10 kit but the only prob is that i dont wanna buy it online, i want to buy it from my local paintball store, however they are charging $97 for one and i know i can get it cheaper. They do a price match system so if i can get a site that sells it for cheaper (including standard shipping) i can get it at that price without screwin em over too bad. No it cant be ebay and no it cant be used. I am lookin for the lowest advertised price out there. Plz help i.

GA Devil
06-14-2004, 08:18 AM
http://devilsden.tv/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=83

Its against my better judgement but here.

Cool fool!
06-14-2004, 08:32 AM
wow thats a pretty low price!

GA Devil
06-14-2004, 11:21 AM
its my retail price but the against better judgement part was to show ya where the low price was so you could buy somewhere else. Maybe next time you will just buy from me ;)

Deathshadow9k
06-14-2004, 02:36 PM
damn that is a low price
thnx man

NJPaint
06-14-2004, 02:54 PM
fyi, that is the cheapest you will find a new lvl 10 kit. pbgear.com has them for $68 if they won't pricematch devils...

Tunaman
06-14-2004, 04:13 PM
That is not the best price on a level 10. We all know where to get it cheaper right fellas? ;) :p

GA Devil
06-14-2004, 07:47 PM
yeah but you wouldnt be selling under map now would ya tuna? that would be a no no I would think. :nono:

I posted mine and put my cards on the table...why not advertise yours for all the good people of AO....or would that be wrong?

Deathshadow9k
06-15-2004, 11:53 PM
under map?

AkumA
06-16-2004, 12:09 AM
just out of curiosity...

why won't they fit "field rental" mags?

danheneise
06-16-2004, 12:18 AM
just out of curiosity...

why won't they fit "field rental" mags?

the power tube in them is made different so that they don't shoot hot, which is a nice feature since people renting don't want to mess with velocity problems, due to this different powertube though, the bolt stem in the L10 cannot go all the way in i believe

GA Devil
06-16-2004, 11:23 AM
under map?

MAP=Minimum Advertised Price

Its the lowest price the manufacturer sets that items can be listed at to keep dealers from slitting each other throats. (but some do it anyway obviously) Its a big NO NO :nono: to go under it but some dont care about that i guess.

Mer
06-16-2004, 12:14 PM
I always thought MAP meant Minimum Advertised Price meaning that a manufacturer set the minimum price that a reseller could Advertise. No one can tell someone what they can sell something for, they can dictate what the Minimum Advertised Price can be though. As long as a reseller does not "print" a selling price below the MAP they are alright. They can say "Call For Pricing" and sell the product at whatever they wish.

Eric

GA Devil
06-16-2004, 12:31 PM
right..but what did the starter of this post ask for? The lowest advertised price...correct? so if someone is gonna say their lower but not show their price when thats whats asked for...then they werent here to help the guy like he asked. Its just a personal thing at that point..which was pointless. Also a small attempt at dirty marketing.

Mer
06-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Agreed.

Bobsbarricades
06-16-2004, 02:37 PM
hahaha, man thats a great price for a lvl10. i think after a few more paychecks and this upcoming tourney, im gettin a lvl 10.

btw, the agd guy said that thiers was lower, but on the website its 80 bucks... whats he talkin about?

Tunaman
06-16-2004, 04:02 PM
MAP=Minimum Advertised Price

Its the lowest price the manufacturer sets that items can be listed at to keep dealers from slitting each other throats. (but some do it anyway obviously) Its a big NO NO :nono: to go under it but some dont care about that i guess.
My throat gets slit everyday by the big guys and now the small guys too. Posting MAP pricing will do nothing but kill the market...as it has already done. No sense trying to compete with all the other smart business men who have dropped their price to the lowest possible so no one can make any money.

GA Devil
06-16-2004, 04:17 PM
well tuna i remember trying to work with this issue when u were calling agd and complaining i was too low even tho i was above map. And I also remember telling u to tell me yours and ill match them to avoid competition cause thats not what i wanted with you. But you refused and said that i wont hurt your business. So the issue was attempted to be fixed and u turned it down. You want to sell below map thats your thing. Just not good business. :nono:

Cool fool!
06-16-2004, 10:25 PM
man i hate the marketing and political side of paintball! :mad: I just wanna play, screw all that other crap!!