PDA

View Full Version : Devil Mags

minimag03
06-14-2004, 11:06 AM
I just watched the video of the Devil Mag. I can't believe how sweet they are. Are they worth the money? Does anyone know how they perform, or one to sell for that matter :D ?

Thanks,
minimag03

Chipper
06-14-2004, 11:20 AM
I have never shot one but what from I hear they are more then worth the money, and if I had some cash to burn I would own one but hey, I have no money. :rofl:

Doobie
06-14-2004, 06:38 PM
I just watched the video of the Devil Mag. I can't believe how sweet they are. Are they worth the money? Does anyone know how they perform, or one to sell for that matter :D ?

Thanks,
minimag03

I shot one of the first ones at Ultimate Madness this year and it is VERY NICE! It's fast and light and small...and on my list of upgrades!
:D

icecreamtruck1235
06-14-2004, 07:01 PM
can u send me a link of that video or sumthin what is a devil mag

Aegis
06-14-2004, 07:15 PM
www.DevilsDen.tv , or check the dealers forum :)

barberjohn
06-14-2004, 07:57 PM
i shot one while GADevil was attending a CFOA tourney here in SC, and it was incrediably sweet. it was unbelievably fast, and the microswitch is almost non-existant, which is alot better compared to the stock hyperframes. the eyes work great, and the gun was very small, compact, and light. great gun for the money, defiantely.

ilikePB
06-14-2004, 08:30 PM
All I know is that after a lot of research on different markers I'm going to get a DevilMag once I get the money which should be no later than 2 months. I'm very excited.

DevilMag = :headbang:

all :hail: the DevilMag

FallNAngel
06-14-2004, 08:37 PM
although I realize that he wasn't shouldering the marker... did it look like that had a lot of kick to anyone else?

ilikePB
06-14-2004, 08:43 PM
although I realize that he wasn't shouldering the marker... did it look like that had a lot of kick to anyone else?

Yes.

EDIT: I guess I should explain why I thought it might have some kick. #1 I think he uses the lvl 7 bolt for faster cycling and that weighs more than a lvl 10 so it has more kick. #2 It's a light gun. #3 Like you said he isn't shouldeing it. #4 Maybe he has limp wrists ;) .

W/e, thoughts of getting a DevilMag make me wanna do this... :dance:

personman
06-14-2004, 08:49 PM
All guns are going to have kick when you are shooting that fast.
Also I dont think he was holding it very steady..

FallNAngel
06-14-2004, 08:58 PM
All guns are going to have kick when you are shooting that fast.
Also I dont think he was holding it very steady..

that's a lot of kick though... even to be firing that fast. I'm going to have to hope he was just using a heavier bolt...

minimag03
06-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the posts, keep them com'n. I'm pretty sure that I'll be upgrading ULE custom when I get the money :cool: . Why would you want the lvl 10 with an ACE? I know they let you shoot brittle paint, but I have never broken a ball with my old lvl 7.

minimag03
:dance:

FallNAngel
06-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Why would you want the lvl 10 with an ACE? I know they let you shoot brittle paint, but I have never broken a ball with my old lvl 7.

I want to see you pinch paint reliably with an old lvl 7 bolt. Past that, using LX with ACE is just one more way to prevent a chop.

minimag03
06-14-2004, 09:15 PM
I didn't mean to compare the two, I know the lvl 10 works great. Just with the lvl 7, you can use your tank untill around 450psi. The lvl 10 is like 950psi. Who cares, lets keep it on the topic.

minimag03

ilikePB
06-14-2004, 09:21 PM
GA Devil will probably make an appearance and he will answer all your questions and force you into submission and you will buy it. [evil laughing voice] Muahahahahaha. [/evil laughing voice] Or something along those lines :tard: .

FallNAngel
06-14-2004, 09:25 PM
I didn't mean to compare the two, I know the lvl 10 works great. Just with the lvl 7, you can use your tank untill around 450psi. The lvl 10 is like 950psi. Who cares, lets keep it on the topic.

minimag03

No trying to start an arguement, but the LX can work down to 450 IIRC as well... it's just that the higher pressure, the more reactivity you can get from the valve.

minimag03
06-14-2004, 09:30 PM
When I used my, I couldn't get it to work below that because the long spring required so much pressure to push up. I could with the stock spring. But as I said before lets stay onn topic.

minimag03

GA Devil
06-14-2004, 10:21 PM
the reason for the kick if you notice im not holding the gun very tight cause I was trying to let you see as much as possible same reason i stopped and did a few pulls single so you could see it was legit and not bounce. I personally run a lvl 7 cause it will cycle faster and i havent chopped with my foamie bolt yet, being thats what the eyes do..prevent the bolt from coming forward unless the beam is broken.

rx2
06-14-2004, 11:07 PM
I notice that you mention that the setup includes the ULT. When it first came out, there was speculation that it could be used to decrease the size of the E-Mag solenoig and batter. From what I remember, however, Tom stated that the ULT would not be a good idea to use with an E-Mag, as it would lower the maximum rate of fire due to lower return pressure, which meant a longer lapse of time needed to reset the sear when coupled to the solenoid (also mirroring to a small extent what Deadlywind stated when asked if the ULT would be wise to use with the tentatively named hAir trigger). It appears though that with the Devil Mag solenoid and electronics confirguration, there is no problem at all hitting whatever rate of fire you can physically pull off. I realize that the point is perhaps no longer relavent with the discontinuation of the E and X mags, however, I still find it interesting. Are you guys doing something differently than AGD in order to maintain a high cycling rate with the ULT and an electronic frame?

ProX9
06-14-2004, 11:17 PM
i think the excess kick was due to the fact he was using a remote, if you look under his arm it looks like a remote hook up to me on the grip frame. also the way hes holding it close to his body there is no way he could fit a tank in that space.

GA Devil
06-15-2004, 06:59 AM
its a different silenoid set up completly. And even with hyperframes before it was recommended sometimes mandatory to use ult with x valve.

Yeah in the vid im running straight off a full size tank with a remote line

Load SM5
06-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Man I wish we had video taped that day at the scenario game. I shot around 300 rounds of nasty old paint that had been sitting in pods in GA's trunk, on a hot day, for who knows how long. 150 rounds of this stuff through a HALO and it just sang the whole time, with no breaks at all. It was absolutely awesome. He had a level 10 bolt in it then and it had no kick at all above a normal LX mag. :shooting:

Believe me I'll be getting an upgrade before too long. Just waiting to see what the eye covers and new frames re going to look like.

rx2
06-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Is there any disadvantage to using a solenoid setup similar to the one used in your frame? That is, it seems that AGD could have switched to a similar style solenoid, back before the lawsuit, and take full advantage of their ULT. I wonder if he was just set in the design, or if there was some other concern about the use of a different type of solenoid, such as cost or durability.

Enemy
06-17-2004, 01:40 AM
alright heres my question is the solenoid in that the same as the hyper frames or is it a modified one..

GA Devil
06-17-2004, 07:18 AM
same style silenoid.

barberjohn
06-17-2004, 09:45 AM
so same style as in you keep the same solnoid, or do you change it out with another one of the same style. i am wondering this because my hyperframe has a messed up solenoid, and just wondering if that would cost extra if i used that hyperframe to devil man my mag. also, can we just keep the board in the hyperframe since your not going to need it?

GA Devil
06-17-2004, 10:40 AM
yeah you keep the board if not i send it back anyway. I dont keep anythign I take out it all goes back to owner. As for silenoid They are the same as the hyperframe style If you need a new 1 i can get you one and get u a price if so...wont be much.

kramer
06-19-2004, 01:35 AM
yeah you keep the board if not i send it back anyway. I dont keep anythign I take out it all goes back to owner. As for silenoid They are the same as the hyperframe style If you need a new 1 i can get you one and get u a price if so...wont be much.

Hey Devil - could you PM me your price for the solenoid?

barberjohn
06-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Hey Devil - could you PM me your price for the solenoid?
same here :) .

magman#1
06-19-2004, 03:28 PM
how far is the place that makes devil mags from birmingham

WARPED1
06-19-2004, 03:34 PM
What's a Devil mag?

Haynballa
06-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Will this setup work on a minimag???? :confused:

magzown3
08-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Is it possible to use a dallara body for a devilmag?

FragTek
08-13-2004, 08:28 PM
Mmmmmm, DevilMag :D Sickest evarrrr!

Chicago Pb 7
08-13-2004, 08:43 PM
I would get the upgrade but 550 is alittle too steep for me.

ilikePB
08-14-2004, 10:50 AM
Wow, this is old. I almost got the DevilMag, but I bought a WAS'd Viking instead.

GA Devil
08-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Is it possible to use a dallara body for a devilmag?

yup have 1 in the works now for a customer.

Haynballa
08-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Hey Devil , is there different triggers that you can use? example blade triggers like on the intelli. grip.? just wonderin ? thanks. And by the way everyone needs a devilmag I'm real close to getting mine. I just got a hyperframe so i'm getting there. :clap:

GA Devil
08-23-2004, 08:26 AM
in the hyperframe right now no there is no alternate trigger that I know of. I am talking with a guy to make carbon fiber triggers for them tho so we will see how that goes. Its a very basic trigger design so Im sure making 1 wouldnt take much. Also I may be able to grind the 2 finger trigger down a bit making it like a blade. Ill take a look later to see how hard it would be and if it would leave enough material.

and you do know you cant use teh minimag body right? Not enough meat in teh SS body styles for the eyes. Needs to be a ULE or custom

Haynballa
08-24-2004, 04:11 AM
yea i'm in the process of geting a ule body soon or i can just get it from you in one of your package deals.On the trigger tho that would be cool if that works out .

Echo419
08-24-2004, 05:10 AM
uhh.... i tihkn i missed something. how is this different from building it yourself and saving money? and i tihkn the devil mag is fugly

GA Devil
08-24-2004, 07:34 AM
uhh.... i tihkn i missed something. how is this different from building it yourself and saving money? and i tihkn the devil mag is fugly

well im sure you can build a mag yourself but if you go to the site you will see the specs and see its not just a mag. And its only as fugly as a ule mag itself considering on the outside it just looks like a reg mag for the most part. I love being at a tourney and having someone see it and whisper to someone else a snide comment about it only being a "mag" untill they see it shoot in a game or in the chrono alley. I wrap off about 1/4 hopper after chronoing it just to see the faces after the comments made.

Igotu
08-24-2004, 09:39 AM
werent you talking about making a new trigger frame to put the internals in.

nt2004
08-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Is their any way you could put the internals in a vert frame?

GA Devil
08-24-2004, 09:47 AM
have a vert almost done. and in talks for a new 45 frame to support the silenoid.