PDA

View Full Version : Insanely Cheap Boomsticks

Deathshadow9k
06-14-2004, 02:38 PM
For those of you who still use mag thread barrels there is a deal you cant pass up
on pbgear.com they are sellin mag thread barrels for $12 a piece, albeit the mag thread makes the hole face straight upwards (apparently pointless) you will need to pay a shop about $15 to fix the threading to fit whichever side yours faces. but still thats a $27 boomstick
i just bought one and damn i'm happy

http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CLpww1mbWL95JBlW8z5CxU03RKvDqNS8s9o=?Pro ductID=Lw%2esFAY7k44AAAD8wpbHR1xz

Bad_Dog
06-14-2004, 03:19 PM
that meas that they're centerfeed boomsticks...

68Classic
06-14-2004, 03:36 PM
What kind of shop will fix the threads?

jdhogg
06-14-2004, 04:19 PM
is this a glued boomstick, or can you unscrew the back from the front

Deathshadow9k
06-14-2004, 06:17 PM
they're threaded boomsticks, not glued, and i live in washington and work through the paintball store
all they do is goober in some metal to make the thread shorter on the left right spin to where i needed it (hopper left).
you cant twist the barrel as far to lock it in place but i dont really see the bad part in it cuz the barrel stays on just the same

Deathshadow9k
06-14-2004, 06:33 PM
also they got a 14" and a 16" for 19.99 a pop but i haven't bought those so its your gamble on which direction the hopper is in

Danman69
06-14-2004, 07:01 PM
just take out the twist lock. if you have the barrel o rings the barrel wont move around.

punn177
06-14-2004, 08:03 PM
woot. i got a center feed! and the 14inchers are 19.99

jdhogg
06-14-2004, 09:28 PM
sweet, threaded boomstick for 12.99, if worse comes to worst, i can just take the 12 inch front and put it on my ultralite back and have a 10 inch and 12 inch to choose from, but im definitely going to get the boomstick back to work somehow, and i orderered the 12 inch dye excel for 7.99, an automag double trigger to put in an old frame i have sitting around for 9.99, and a paintballgear.com 68ci tank cover for 2 bucks, you cant beat it!

and btw, does anyone know where i can find a centerfeed twistlock body?

Deathshadow9k
06-14-2004, 10:34 PM
agd still sells em i think
ya gotta dig thru the site to find em tho

68Classic
06-15-2004, 09:08 AM
jdhogg, could you send me a link to the $2 tank cover?

Bobsbarricades
06-15-2004, 10:33 AM
just take out the twist lock. if you have the barrel o rings the barrel wont move around.

what do you mean?? i have a hopper left body, is there any way besides changing the threading?

Tenchi1621
06-15-2004, 01:11 PM
How are these center feed only? I checked on Dye's website and other online stores and not a single mention of a center feed only boomstick :confused: .

Deathshadow9k
06-15-2004, 04:02 PM
manufacturing error on the center feed boomsticks i think
center feed was made in small quantity on bodies
they probably made too many of em and you cant exactly fix the threads without remachining it or goobering in the threads

Halliday
06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
What does this have to do with Tech?

jdhogg
06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
sorry for the late reply 68 classic, but heres the tank cover
http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=Zj0IezZMNjiTTnaDDuI6fSLgKiy7ELtr3V0=?Pro ductID=hgWsFAY7FaIAAAD3HDilA_2t

i was about to order a 2 dollar gas through forgrip cause it was instock, but then i got sidetracked and when i came back like 5 minutes later, it showed that it was out of stock, so i didnt worry about it

jdhogg
06-15-2004, 04:42 PM
what can i put in the little slot to have it stop for hopper left?

Deathshadow9k
06-15-2004, 06:08 PM
halliday, the tech part is how to fix an insanely cheap boomstick to work on your mag

the way to fix it is simple, (i'm paying to have it done because i dont have the time to drive to my friends machine shop to fix it myself) but to fix it you need a mig welder and a di-grinder with 2 grinding tips on it (dremmel tool is a possibility but i advise against it)

The thread that locks the barrel into place in in the shape of a backwards L
all you need to do is fill in the side to side motion of the L with the mig welder and then use the di-grinder to flatten down and polish the barrel so it will still fit snugly into the mag. Lining it up on your barrel threads will be the hard part because that will be a basic guess and check system. Once you have the outside of the barrel rounded so it will once again fit, you need a grinder bit that is shaped like a cone (cant remember official name of it) but you will need to carefully use that to make two things in the thread. One is a flat stop that wont be rounded so you wont mess up the screw that holds the barrel in. The other is a slight dip in the bottom of the thread that lets the thread screw (comes in thru the trigger frame). By doing this you ensure that your barrel will not be able to move too much and have a very embarrasing incident in which your barrel falls off in the middle of a game. Other suggestions to help make sure the barrel won't move too much is to but some teflon inserts and put them on top of the the barrel as you move it in, this is just a spacer.

remember also, you are working with stainless steel...not plastic...superglueing will just cause a whole world of problems if you just plan to jam in a piece of plastic

I do not take blame if you mess up your $12 barrel..... :shooting:

Tenchi1621
06-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know of any good machine shops that can change these to a hopper-left setup?

SniperSmurf
06-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Just to let you all know, they still have these available. However, are you certain that they are threaded? It says in the description that they are indeed the glued version. I have a right feed, but for $13 you can hardly go wrong. Maybe I'll buy a centerfeed just so I can use the barrel! ;)

Deathshadow9k
06-27-2004, 10:22 PM
yup, took mine apart just now

jdhogg
06-28-2004, 12:32 AM
the one i got is a two peice threaded, i took it apart and put the 12 inch front on my ultralight. but i went all out and bought a centerfeed twist lock mag body from a local store for 75 bucks. so now it works great and im happy.