PDA

View Full Version : Wased impy vs IR3

jesseyo13
06-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Im considering trading my ir3 for a new gun. I narrowed it down to the impy. Im just not very experienced with impies (only one at the field with no vision). I thought I would ask pbn opinion, but who cares what a bunch of 13 year olds think. Which one do you think would better serve a mid player. Heres the specs on both.

WAS impulse with
- freak barrel
- equalizer board
- aka sidewinder
- brass hammer
- ST titanium shaft
- eq flush bolt
- blade trigger
- stickies
- tapeworm
- twister feed
(operates at about 100psi)

Heres my IR3
Blue Ir3 fly
a4 soft touch
new cops sensor
mem 3 cops 2
jt 2 piece barrel (16 inch)

Or should I just add freak to my ir3? Im just on the fence on both.

Blazestorm
06-14-2004, 09:29 PM
I'd get the IR3 aced :D

Freaks suck, do not get one.

Any other barrel is pretty good, Lapco's, Dye's, CP's, Powerlite's, St!ffi's

paintballrulzs
06-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Id take the impulse dude. I went from an angel to an impulse and love it. The thing rips and is fairly accurate. I would get an I-frame it would definately let you reach the full potential of that board.

personman
06-14-2004, 09:33 PM
I would go with the IR3, but that's just me.

jesseyo13
06-14-2004, 09:39 PM
I dont want to spend the 300$ for ace. Ive choped 2 in about 10 cases, both times with the REVY off going full out. Now im more confused than ever! :confused:

SlipknotX556
06-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Take the IR3, send it into Warped Sportz, for a ACE, WAS board. 350 bucks. An IR3 with WAS will out perform a WAS impulse. http://www.warpedsportzla.com/

If you dont want to spend 300 bucks, ditch the revvy, get a halo.

FallNAngel
06-14-2004, 09:43 PM
I'd stick with the IR3... and I don't even like Angels

jesseyo13
06-14-2004, 09:45 PM
so what your saying is that the ir3 with a better hopper just the way it is will out perform the wasd impy?

I just got 5 replies withen 5 minutes!!!

teufelhunden
06-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Imp.

jesseyo13
06-14-2004, 10:14 PM
just saying "imp" us useless. Lets here some reasons.

moufo48
06-14-2004, 11:01 PM
i would say the imp with the WAS... its alot faster and much better eye system

Skoad
06-14-2004, 11:46 PM

JrnyFan1985
06-14-2004, 11:49 PM
keep the ir3, angel's r workhorses. Not once did i ever have a problem when i owned one.

elpimpo
06-14-2004, 11:56 PM
well it kind of comes down to position. i personally hate impies, but im not a huge fan of the ir3. that impy will be fast as hell with the new was board. the ir3s are still slow. the impies are tall and uncomfy while all angels are comfy. personally id go in the way of the timmy but thats not a choice.

wtf did you do to that dm4

O_o
06-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Personally i'd stick with the ir3 . . . the impy looks like a huge block, and kicks like a mofo since the one u listed doesn't have a LPR.

There's a cheaper alternative to speeding up your angel and making if chop proof. Talk to Goldie at www.vaporworks.net and discuss getting it Chaos'd and ACE'd . The Chaos is equivalant to the WAS board, just without the useless LCD screen display.

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-15-2004, 03:27 AM
Send your gun to TAG and get them to install eyes and their mods to the ir3. Impulses are ok, but the angel has an overall better feel to it, and has the potential to be faster.

Deep Sixx
06-15-2004, 08:35 AM
I used to own a blue Fly iR3, so maybe my opinion is a little biased. I'd get the Angel. That iR3 was the best marker I've ever owned or shot. I was an idiot to have ever sold it. Fast, light, comfortable, reliable and sexy. Wish I still had it. :cry:

sixx

TheTramp
06-15-2004, 08:55 AM
If that Imp had a New Designs Ultimate LPR and New Disigns valve installed I'd say go for it but without that I'd definatly just get a Halo for your IR3.

Sure that Imp runs at 100psi but the dwell must be huge. Throw an LPR on there and you can run the ram at 75psi and the valve at 200-250 with a really short dwell. You tank will read emply before you gun stops shooting! Without that the IR3 with a Halo is much better IMHO.

joez
06-15-2004, 09:07 AM
Id either keep the IR3, or get a Cyborg. I had an imp, i hated it. I mean i hated it with a passion. I sold it off and bought a brand new Tribal for half of what i sold off the imp for.

tony3
06-15-2004, 10:15 AM
You are going to get a biased answer here, imo. Most people here will say go IR3, while people on pbn will say go impy, most likely. The imp outpreforms the IR3 in every category. It will be faster and has a wayyyyy better inline reg. Efficency is about the same. Kick will be low, and about the same. They both will weigh in the 3 lb region. It all comes down to speed, where the impulse will win. COPS is crap, the eye on the equalizer board is suppose to be a huge upgrade from the SP one. Definitely go impulse.

Bulldog
06-15-2004, 10:19 AM
I'd keep the Fly IR3, and get some kind of anit-chop eye, was, pred, whatever.. Kinda wish I'd done that with mine.

SlipknotX556
06-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Well ditch the IR3, get a 2k2, like I have. Best gun I have ever had, I have never had a problem with it, they are so easy to maintain, they shoot amazing. My timmy dosent have WAS, it shoot extremley fast, just get a halo for it.

penguinpunk555
06-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Get the Ir3 ACE'd and a barrel kit. (Empire, JJ,Custom Products)

jesseyo13
06-15-2004, 11:05 AM
Hmm, I really like the space frame on the ir3. Without it, I probibly would not keep the gun. I can make the gun a lot faster though If I put a halo or an egg on it. If any of you use an ir3, I have my bas at 16 for a revy. If I had a halo or egg on it, I could set it to 2. Then it would chop pretty much never and I could run it probibily about 3-4 bps faster.

FSU_Paintball
06-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Keep the IR3, get a faster hopper. I don't care what gun you're using, the revvy limits your firepower. Just get an egg2 for about $70.

And in my opinion, IR3>impy

blitz826
06-15-2004, 11:57 AM
y stick with the angel impys to me feel weird its tall but its a good gun if u like the gun tall and its fast with the was in it i still rather the angel freaks r alright barrels if u ask me and AA's r good to my suggestion get a halo b on it then a 14 or 16 stiffi

what the **** did u do to that dm4!??!??!?!?!?

guysdaman
06-15-2004, 02:02 PM
y stick with the angel impys to me feel weird its tall but its a good gun if u like the gun tall and its fast with the was in it i still rather the angel freaks r alright barrels if u ask me and AA's r good to my suggestion get a halo b on it then a 14 or 16 stiffi

what the **** did u do to that dm4!??!??!?!?!?

What the heck did you do to that senseless grouping of randomly incoherent misspelled words? :tard:

For the love of all that is holy, try punctuation next time. :rofl:

I happen to like the anno on that DM4, it is quite unique! :dance:

jesseyo13
06-15-2004, 02:42 PM
does anyone know were you can get a freak jr for an angel? Ive looked everywere and cant find one. Im looking for a insert type kit barrel for about 100$ if anyone knows of one thats good. Ive looked into the empire one, that seems to be pretty good, but I cant find them for angels in the 4 piece kit.

Riot[Z-Grip]
06-15-2004, 03:57 PM
does anyone know were you can get a freak jr for an angel?

The Freak Jr. is only available for Spyder and m98 threads. I'm not sure if the J&J Edge kit is available in angel threads, but if it is that is a great kit for the money.. (only like $104-115 iirc, not insert-type though..)

-Riot

jesseyo13
06-15-2004, 06:54 PM
Riot z grip, what do you think, wased impy or ir3.
I found j&J barrel kits here
http://paintball-discounters.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=1117&p_catid=70&sid=AAP2pZ0-T9@C7YZ-30104465691.d0

Can onyone beat that price?

Lohman446
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Wait until PSP straightens out the status of non-factory boards. Rumor floating is that anything that uses WAS that did not come with it from teh factory is not going to allowed at Chicago Open until PSP thinks of a better answer. If they ban WAS than WAS guns are going to take a dive in value, though it wont matter for use except in PSP i expect.

Riot[Z-Grip]
06-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Riot z grip, what do you think, wased impy or ir3.

Well.. Your IR3 sounds pretty nice. If it has the microswitch trigger I'd probably keep that. I like my impulse, and I think I'll like it even more once my WAS board comes in. That impulse you were looking at is missing (as Tramp said) two things that would make it really nice: the NewDesignz Valve and some sort of LPR with those you should be able to run your dwell low and input pressure up a bit more for decent/great efficiency. Your IR3 is smaller, lighter, as fast or faster.. What do you not like about it? As usual, this comes down to "Just get whatever one you like better." Try a WAS'd imp if you can, if not try and imp with a blade trigger and imagine it feeling like that but shooting a bit faster and having an eye. Get/Use whichever you like better.

Good Luck,
-Riot

jesseyo13
06-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I think Im gona get sell my old mag, put a new trigger on it, a barrel kit (J&J probibly) and mabye a new faster hopper.

nastymag
06-15-2004, 10:26 PM
yeah the new Hopper makes a whole difference, slap on a z board egg or halo.
i suggest getting a Jam Bolt, that will stop some chopping.

and a dirt trigger, you will be ripping !

i didnt really like my imp, it was fast , but heavy , tall and needed to much tweaking to work at its best.

jesseyo13
06-16-2004, 05:07 AM
What do you think of that jam bolt? Of heard good and bad things about it. Ive heard that they reduce the velocity some. I always wondered if they were softer on balls than the a4 soft touch?